University of Illinois at Chicago application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone who are interviewing tomorrow =)

I had my interview today & I thought it went well. (Figures it snows in Chicago the day of the interview haha. Gotta love Chicago traffic :laugh: ) I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the MMI format- I enjoyed it much more than the formal interview style. For those still interviewing, just relax and have fun! I googled MMI's before I interviewed today and it made me more anxious than need be. The questions aren't bad at all!

I'm so anxious to hear back in the next few weeks. Loved the school, staff & students I got to interact with :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview today & I thought it went well. (Figures it snows in Chicago the day of the interview haha. Gotta love Chicago traffic :laugh: ) I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the MMI format- I enjoyed it much more than the formal interview style. For those still interviewing, just relax and have fun! I googled MMI's before I interviewed today and it made me more anxious than need be. The questions aren't bad at all!

I'm so anxious to hear back in the next few weeks. Loved the school, staff & students I got to interact with :xf:

What time was your interview?

I wonder if they switched out the interviewers between sessions. I went on the tour after my group's interviews were finished and I swear I saw one of my interviewers walking around the building while the 5pm interviews were going on. But hey, don't give up hope! I've heard that many times people have an interviewer that was really intimidating or thought it went so-so and the student received an acceptance. I wish I knew adcoms' secrets! We're only the second day of interviews and there's 160 seats in the class, rolling admissions. :)

Aww I am crossing my fingers for that!
I think 3pm and 4 pm had the same interviewers because two of my friends in the 4 pm were also commenting on this interviewer. But yeah, I really hope they get back to us pretty soon. I hate this waiting!

*sigh* This sucks. I'm waiting for my transcripts which will get to UIC on the last week of January (if I'm lucky). I wonder if I should even submit it...

Hey guys, I had my interview yesterday. I personally enjoyed the MMI style.. the questions were really easy. I wouldn't even practice for this interview. The only thing i didn't like about it was that they didn't give us a tour or anything. I didn't meet the dean or any faculty. The only people i met were the faculty members giving me the interviews and the 1 student ambassador. then again, the student said they were short on people and that's why we couldn't get a tour. I thought it was a bit informal

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree.. I also had my interview yesterday at 9am.. it was very relaxed.. nothing to be nervous about.. I feel like it went really well :)

How long was the interview? How was the area? Can I PM someone and ask about where they stayed, etc etc?

How long was the interview? How was the area? Can I PM someone and ask about where they stayed, etc etc?

I drove up that day so I didn't stay anywhere.. The area seems nice though. It's not as deep into the downtown area as I thought.. It took maybe an hour overall.. We were in and out and able to hang out in the city for the rest of the day so that was nice

The interview was about 45-50 minutes long total. but it goes by VERY fast. they bring you in to a prep room 30 minutes prior to the scheduled interview and the process begins promptly on time (my interview was at 11:00am and it started on the dot). i stayed at the marriott in the UIC medical district.. they have complimentary shuttles that take your right there and pick you up within 15 minutes of calling them. There was no tour on my interview so I started at 11am and i was calling my shuttle by 11:50am

So they have changed up the rules up a bit. I interviewed on the 18th. Previously people posted on sdn that they would spend 4 minutes talking about the scenario and the rest of the 4 minutes talking about themselves and asking the interviewers questions. During my interview, we were not allowed to ask the interviewers any questions about anything. The interviewers were not allowed to ask us any questions either or get to know us in any way, we were only allowed to talk about the scenario. It was highly frustrating because for some scenarios we finished quickly and some scenarios took almost all the time allowed, so we would have to wait outside the door or stare awkwardly at the interviewer until the time was up. It was mostly run by the student ambassadors, which was fine, but it was also frustrating because we didn't to talk to anyone in the admissions office and I couldn't ask any of the questions I had. The student ambassadors did give us a tour after the interview, which was nice of them. But again, we had no contact with the dean and we couldn't ask the interviewers any questions so I think that was very unprofessional of UIC, granted I went to UIC for undergrad so I should be used to it, but still. They left it completely in the hands of the students. And the fact that students that interviewed earlier were able to talk to the interviewers and ask questions only shows that this process needs to be standardized for the entire cycle because clearly it wasn't fair to anyone interviewing on January 18th.Even the interviewers were annoyed with the fact that they couldn't ask us anything, it just seemed rather ridiculous because you'd think the point of the interview was not only to answer the question about the scenario but also for the school to get to know more about you.

So they have changed up the rules up a bit. I interviewed on the 18th. Previously people posted on sdn that they would spend 4 minutes talking about the scenario and the rest of the 4 minutes talking about themselves and asking the interviewers questions. During my interview, we were not allowed to ask the interviewers any questions about anything. The interviewers were not allowed to ask us any questions either or get to know us in any way, we were only allowed to talk about the scenario. It was highly frustrating because for some scenarios we finished quickly and some scenarios took almost all the time allowed, so we would have to wait outside the door or stare awkwardly at the interviewer until the time was up. It was mostly run by the student ambassadors, which was fine, but it was also frustrating because we didn't to talk to anyone in the admissions office and I couldn't ask any of the questions I had. The student ambassadors did give us a tour after the interview, which was nice of them. But again, we had no contact with the dean and we couldn't ask the interviewers any questions so I think that was very unprofessional of UIC, granted I went to UIC for undergrad so I should be used to it, but still. They left it completely in the hands of the students. And the fact that students that interviewed earlier were able to talk to the interviewers and ask questions only shows that this process needs to be standardized for the entire cycle because clearly it wasn't fair to anyone interviewing on January 18th.Even the interviewers were annoyed with the fact that they couldn't ask us anything, it just seemed rather ridiculous because
you'd think the point of the interview was not only to answer the question about the scenario but also for the school to get to know more about you.

Very true! I interviewed on the 12th and have the same opinion. I wasn't allowed to ask any questions about the school and what not. It was quite surprising to me as the people who interviewed on January 4th had a quite friendly approach. I feel like they would never be able to know what kind of a person I am out of this process. And, now yeah, I am worried if I would get in here, given that UIC is my first choice :confused:

The interview was about 45-50 minutes long total. but it goes by VERY fast. they bring you in to a prep room 30 minutes prior to the scheduled interview and the process begins promptly on time (my interview was at 11:00am and it started on the dot). i stayed at the marriott in the UIC medical district.. they have complimentary shuttles that take your right there and pick you up within 15 minutes of calling them. There was no tour on my interview so I started at 11am and i was calling my shuttle by 11:50am

Can you PM me the details about where you stayed please?

Very true! I interviewed on the 12th and have the same opinion. I wasn't allowed to ask any questions about the school and what not. It was quite surprising to me as the people who interviewed on January 4th had a quite friendly approach. I feel like they would never be able to know what kind of a person I am out of this process. And, now yeah, I am worried if I would get in here, given that UIC is my first choice :confused:

Yeah I know, I mean most of the responses are so generic I don't really understand what the point was when they don't try to get to know you apart from all your stats. Oh well, all we can do is wait. :-/

I just got my acceptance email!!! Beyond ecstatic right now!! :)

Omg!!! I just got my acceptance!!! I'm totally freaking out and rereading it a hundred times just to make sure I read that right! This is a dream come true!!!! Ahhhh!!!!

Just got the acceptance email! Please believe I'm going here, congrats to everyone as well!:soexcited:

Anyone on the holding pattern after the interview?
I had the interview on the 4th of Jan and placed on the holding pattern,
That means that I was placed on the waiting list right?
Is there any chance that I get accepted before April?

I got my acceptance letter, however i'm a little apprehensive about accepting the offer. i was very disappointed that they didn't give my group a tour around the school and I didn't even get to meet the dean or asst dean. i know its a great school, but it didn't leave a very lasting impression on me. Does anyone else feel the same way about UIC? I mean don't get me wrong its a GREAT school.. but the whole experience was just "meh" to me

Also i'm out of state, so i need to be really sure of my decision before i relocate for the next 4 years

Last edited:
I got my acceptance letter, however i'm a little apprehensive about accepting the offer. i was very disappointed that they didn't give my group a tour around the school and I didn't even get to meet the dean or asst dean. i know its a great school, but it didn't leave a very lasting impression on me. Does anyone else feel the same way about UIC? I mean don't get me wrong its a GREAT school.. but the whole experience was just "meh" to me

i have an interview scheduled for u maryland this Friday but I dont know when I will hear back from them so i risk losing the spot at UIC if i don't pay by the deadline.

Also i'm out of state (from Miami), so i need to be really sure of my decision before i relocate for the next 4 years

Hey, yeah I got accepted too and I plan on accepting the offer. I think they were entirely new to the process this year so they didnt have enough student volunteers and stuff. During my interview we took a tour, but to be honest there was not a lot to see. There were three lecture halls where all ur classes take place within the building. They use a lecture capture device so ur lectures are available online so the students said that a lot of people dont attend lecture. But it is a fantastic school, one of the best in the nation and its located in Chicago, which is a great city. But I do agree, I wish that we could have spoken to the dean and had some kind of interaction with adults and not just the students.

Is there anyone else that was accepted that interviewed on January 18th from 3-4?

YAY! got in as well ! Thank god! Congratulations everyone!

I got accepted!!!!!!! Good luck to everybody who is still waiting for the answer! :)

seems like im the only one placed in the holding pattern which is basically
waiting list.....................frustrated..................i thought my stats were
decent but i did really horrible on the interview i guess.........do they
even pull off someone on the waiting list at the end? i looked over the
last year's thread and uic opened up some interview spots to admit
more students instead of pulling the people off of the waitlist?

I'm in, too! Congrats to everyone!! Interviewed on 1/14.

Question guys:

In the email where it says this:

"You will need to complete your academic update on PharmCAS (if the offer is before the update deadline) and provide us with an updated UIC Pre-Pharmacy Prerequisite Coursework form (if you have not already done so) and provide us with an official transcript after you have completed the spring semester."

If all of the Pre-Pharmacy prerequisites were completed prior to applying, and nothing was taken in the fall, do we still need to send the prereq coursework form?

I got an email saying that that I was rejected. I'm kinda sad right now. I really wanted to go to UIC. the email says that every year they interview hundreds of people, and that unfortantely, they are unable to offer me acceptance next fall. Did anyone else get denied?

Question guys:

In the email where it says this:

"You will need to complete your academic update on PharmCAS (if the offer is before the update deadline) and provide us with an updated UIC Pre-Pharmacy Prerequisite Coursework form (if you have not already done so) and provide us with an official transcript after you have completed the spring semester."

If all of the Pre-Pharmacy prerequisites were completed prior to applying, and nothing was taken in the fall, do we still need to send the prereq coursework form?

Nope! Its for the people who took pre-req classes during the fall of 2011

we should make a facebook group for class of 2016! congrats to everyone!

I got an email saying that that I was rejected. I'm kinda sad right now. I really wanted to go to UIC. the email says that every year they interview hundreds of people, and that unfortantely, they are unable to offer me acceptance next fall. Did anyone else get denied?

Were your stats bad? Or do you think your interview didn't go well?

I got in too!!

But I agree with the previous poster; they really didn't impress me too much with the tour. Not being able to talk to the dean or assistant dean was a major minus is my book, and I just interviewed at Howard this weekend and they impressed me much more.

At this point I'm 50/50 on whether or not to accept the offer, it just depends on if I get any other acceptances before the deposit is due. I might end up paying the $1000 and going somewhere else lol

does anyone know about whether the uic campus offers housing or not? i got accepted...but now i need to know whether the school offers housing....tuition.....all that.....any one know about any sites with this info?