University of Illinois at Chicago application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
HAHAH!!! I'm RIGHT AFTER YOU!!! I'm on the 18th from 4-5! :)
somebodys a bit tooo excited lol
goodluck btw

Members don't see this ad.

How is everyone preparing for the interview? I am just too nervous about this MMI format lol

Members don't see this ad :)
somebodys a bit tooo excited lol
goodluck btw

Lol sorry but I'm extremely happy! I never dreamed that I would even get an interview at UIC, so I'm really excited about it. And it's such a fantastic pharmacy school. Thanks though lol

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

After such a long wait, I am excited too! Less than two weeks till my interview!!
Im pretty excited myself, got my interview on Jan 12
do u mind posting details about how they interviewed you and what they asked afterwards please?
You'll be helping a bunch of us on here
Thanks!!

Does anybody know if UIC will send us an email about submitting the Academic Update information?

Quick question, we should only send the updated academic/prerequisite form to UIC if we completed any class in this fall which is a prerequisite for UIC, right?

January 12th at 3 pm !

Is it possible for you to post the questions, and the process that youll go through during the interview, onto this site. My interview is an hour after yours and that would help me and a bunch of us. Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to those who are interviewing on Wednesday :)

I hope some of you will let us know by tomorrow evening how the interview goes. Good luck!

Hi,
My PharmCAS application was just processed and I received my supplemental application from UIC today! I'm filling out the third part (the online UIC application) and on the last part, it sounds like I need to enter all the schools I've attended. I have attended a total of 6 schools, and am having problems adding more than one school. Does anyone have any advice for me with this form? Thanks!

there were 6 stations. it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be haha. relax and have fun with it! the interviewers were really nice and casual!

i was in the 4pm slot too =)

there were 6 stations. it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be haha. relax and have fun with it! the interviewers were really nice and casual!

Thank you so much :) I hope it wont be that stressful next week lol

Cool! Which one were you? I was the one in the black suit... haha jk that was all of us. Brunette girl with a red top under my jacket.

Feels good to be done :)

mine is easy to describe...the asian girl hahaha.

yea and now the dreaded wait =(. i really hope it doesn't take 3-4 weeks like they said.

mine is easy to describe...the asian girl hahaha.

yea and now the dreaded wait =(. i really hope it doesn't take 3-4 weeks like they said.

Hey! I was in the 4p.m. slot as well :) I am the one with blond short hair.
How did the interview part in the 4th room from the right go?

Thanks for letting us know how it went! I'm glad it went well for all of you! Out of curiosity-- were you guys asked any questions about yourself at all or was it all behavioral-type questions for all the stations?

Hey! I was in the 4p.m. slot as well :) I am the one with blond short hair.
How did the interview part in the 4th room from the right go?

oh hey! you sat next to me in the waiting room upstairs =) hmmm i don't remember who was in that room lol. though there was 1 interviewer towards the left end that was very intimidating. she kept staring at me after i answered as if it wasn't good enough and she expected more. :scared: hope it all went ok...

and no, there weren't any other questions asked other than the scenario. the interviewer gives a brief introduction of themselves when you walk in and then you answer. after you answer (it won't take all 8 min), they ask if you have any questions for them. some of the interviewers expand on the scenario and ask more questions:lame:

oh hey! you sat next to me in the waiting room upstairs =) hmmm i don't remember who was in that room lol. though there was 1 interviewer towards the left end that was very intimidating. she kept staring at me after i answered as if it wasn't good enough and she expected more. :scared: hope it all went ok...

and no, there weren't any other questions asked other than the scenario. the interviewer gives a brief introduction of themselves when you walk in and then you answer. after you answer (it won't take all 8 min), they ask if you have any questions for them. some of the interviewers expand on the scenario and ask more questions:lame:

Were there any difficult scenarios? Sorry for the many questions, I am really nervous about this interview :/

Were there any difficult scenarios? Sorry for the many questions, I am really nervous about this interview :/

Hey I was in the 3pm (1/4) interview slot as well. The scenarios werent difficult at all to talk about. You will have plenty of time to prepare and answer them. Goodluck!

Hey I was in the 3pm (1/4) interview slot as well. The scenarios werent difficult at all to talk about. You will have plenty of time to prepare and answer them. Goodluck!

Can you please tell us if the scenarios were pharmacy-related at all, or were they just set up so that they measure if we communicate well and have all the other characterstics?

Thanks!

nah, the questions were very doable. the scenarios were based on situations as a pharmacy student mostly. they don't necessarily test your knowledge of pharmacy but moreso on the 6 behaviorial characteristics. the 4 i remember for sure were time management, empathy, professionalism, and team work. i want to say the other 2 are communication and leadership? haha sorry guys :smack: hopefully the others might remember.

relax and have fun with it! good luck! :)

That's the one I was asking about :) I thought she didn't like me because of the looks she gave me lol. Now it's all over and we just need to wait...

I have a question about their admissions process, maybe someone can help me.
So I took the PCAT in September and applied, but I didn't think my score was high enough so I rescheduled my PCAT for January 10th. I was extended an invite to interview from UIC and I selected the date January 18th. So it takes about 5-6 weeks for the PCAT scores to get back to UIC, so I'm wondering if there is even a point to take the PCAT again? They will have probably made their decision by then right? And I thought I might get waitlisted so it might help to increase my chances if im put on the waitlist. However, then I realized that UIC does a ranking waitlist so they 3-4 weeks after Jan 18 they will have either accepted, declined, or waitlisted me with a specific rank that probably can't be altered with a new PCAT score... Does this sound right? I'm just trying to figure out if it is a waste of my time to retake the PCAT. I've already been accepted to Midwestern, but UIC is my first choice and I just wanted to maximize my odds by retaking it.

was she like the african lady with the accent? i thought that she was weird since i came into the room...and she just looked at me.....no hello! no introductions....did u do the same thing?

for those who just did interviews like me.....

how much did you guys spend talking about the actual situation. i personally spend about 4 minutes talking about the situation and the other 4 minutes talking about the school, me, etc.

was she like the african lady with the accent? i thought that she was weird since i came into the room...and she just looked at me.....no hello! no introductions....did u do the same thing?

YEA! I think that's the same person Puss in boots was talking about too haha. She just stared at me and didn't say anything when I walked in. :confused: It lightened up a little though when her phone kept constantly ringing lol.

And same thing, I spent half the time answering and the other half just chatting with the interviewer.

YEA! I think that's the same person Puss in boots was talking about too haha. She just stared at me and didn't say anything when I walked in. :confused: It lightened up a little though when her phone kept constantly ringing lol.

And same thing, I spent half the time answering and the other half just chatting with the interviewer.

omg! yeah she was scary.... I went and stood by that room first because I thought that ethics question was the most difficult. But she was scary and not friendly, but when I left she told me I answered the question "okay" lol.

I was probably like half and half as well. The one girl on the far right side liked to talk about herself a lot which was nice, so I kinda smiled and nodded a lot until we got into the conversation. I thought everyone was really nice though :) They seemed just as confused by the format as we were.

omg! yeah she was scary.... I went and stood by that room first because I thought that ethics question was the most difficult. But she was scary and not friendly, but when I left she told me I answered the question "okay" lol.

I was probably like half and half as well. The one girl on the far right side liked to talk about herself a lot which was nice, so I kinda smiled and nodded a lot until we got into the conversation. I thought everyone was really nice though :) They seemed just as confused by the format as we were.

How many minutes were given to read the scenario and prepare for it? Thanks!

HI, I am so nervous about the interview. Anyone interviewed in Rockford campus? If yes, please let me know how it went ?

Thanks

Can you please tell us if the scenarios were pharmacy-related at all, or were they just set up so that they measure if we communicate well and have all the other characteristics?

Thanks!

Not all of the scenarios were pharmacy-related. I think there's one or two that is pharmacy related but there's no prior knowledge needed. Some of the interviewers told me there's no right or wrong answers. Just back up your response with reason and clarity and you'll do fine. Hope that helped

How many minutes were given to read the scenario and prepare for it? Thanks!

They gave us all six of the scenarios to read when we first came in. I did not have a watch so I wasn't able to gauge how much time they allotted us. I remember it's more than enough time for me to look over the scenarios twice, and to jot down notes for all of them.

Not all of the scenarios were pharmacy-related. I think there's one or two that is pharmacy related but there's no prior knowledge needed. Some of the interviewers told me there's no right or wrong answers. Just back up your response with reason and clarity and you'll do fine. Hope that helped

They gave us all six of the scenarios to read when we first came in. I did not have a watch so I wasn't able to gauge how much time they allotted us. I remember it's more than enough time for me to look over the scenarios twice, and to jot down notes for all of them.

I started writing down notes and they cam in and told me we weren't allowed to write anything down, but that may not have been enforced the whole time. Just a heads up for the next groups that they'll probably discourage it later.

I started writing down notes and they cam in and told me we weren't allowed to write anything down, but that may not have been enforced the whole time. Just a heads up for the next groups that they'll probably discourage it later.

Thanks for letting us know!

whoops :eek:

OMG, YES! I was so embarrassed after I walked in with no hello or "how are u doing", she just kept staring until I asked if I can start with the question....:(

pharm 0611, don't worry about he time, it's more than enought to prepare a response. Good luck with the interview!

pharm 0611, don't worry about he time, it's more than enought to prepare a response. Good luck with the interview!

Thank You puss in boots :) I hope we all will get in and make an awesome class of 2016 lol

I'm just freaking out about this interview.. sounds so intense!:eek:

Was there any writing asignments? or was it only the six stations and that is it?