University of Michigan Psychology Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joker937

UCLA SOD 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question about psychology requirement for U of Michigan. How strict are they with these requirements? I took a 4-unit class of General Psychology at my quarter system school, but UM asks for 5 quarter units of General Psychology. I'm just freaking out now because I was planning on going on the interview in late September but how can I time taking the class if I don't know if I will get in or not?

Members don't see this ad.

They just say that you need the requirements done prior to matriculation, not necessarily for acceptance. Therefore, I would take it your last quarter if you get accepted and decide that UM is the school you want to commit to.

Also, if something is this far in the grade area, I would email the admissions office (if and after you get accepted) and ask whether they would absolutely require you to make up for that one credit difference. If you make sure to contact them by email, then whatever they say is documented in writing, and then they can't hold you accountable if they told you that you were fine.

They just say that you need the requirements done prior to matriculation, not necessarily for acceptance. Therefore, I would take it your last quarter if you get accepted and decide that UM is the school you want to commit to.

Also, if something is this far in the grade area, I would email the admissions office (if and after you get accepted) and ask whether they would absolutely require you to make up for that one credit difference. If you make sure to contact them by email, then whatever they say is documented in writing, and then they can't hold you accountable if they told you that you were fine.

I emailed them and they said not to worry about the 1 quarter :) Also I already graduated haha this is my gap year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them and they said not to worry about the 1 quarter :) Also I already graduated haha this is my gap year.

Well there you go. That was their response in writing, thus they cannot hold you liable for going by something you can prove they told you. DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL. If they try to challenge you when they verify the completion of prerequisites prior to matriculation, you want to be able to pull up that email.

Well there you go. That was their response in writing, thus they cannot hold you liable for going by something you can prove they told you. DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL. If they try to challenge you when they verify the completion of prerequisites prior to matriculation, you want to be able to pull up that email.

Thanks! :) I actually have a "Dental School" folder in my email and NEVER delete anything!!