University of Nevada- RENO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scalpel179

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know when Nevada will notify applicants of acceptance. Is the date different for applicants who are out of state? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

February

when did you interview? are you in or out of state?

I heard the first time the Adcom meets is Jan 15. They meet on the 15th of every month following Jan until they have a full class. So I would assume starting at the end of Jan. both in-staters and out of staters will begin to hear back.

I have an interview this friday. Anyone have and feedback as to how their UNSOM interview went? I'll be interviewing at the Vegas campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just interviewed this past Friday. (December 16th). The interview went well and I was very impressed with the university and its facilities. The students were friendly and all had positive things to say about the faculty and staff. The whole interview experience was a little different then other places, entirely less formal. I was introduced to a student who conducted the tour and facilitated my meeting arrangements with my interviewers. It did make the interview seem more personable.

Both interviews were a little over an hour long and were 1:1 format. The interviews asked questions directly from a formated sheet, each posing similiar questions. The questions were not too difficult, however, there were several different ethical questions relating to current health care issues.

Good luck with the interview, you won't get to see Reno, but it is a nice town. Much cleaner then Vegas.

PS I am an out of state applicant from IDAHO.

They actually meet before the 15th and then send out notifications on the 15th of each month until April. They send everything (rejections too) certified too, so you have to be home to accept it. You should receive your decision around the 20th of the month that they reviewed your app. Incase you're wondering they won't tell you when your app is up for review either, you just have to wait until the final decision comes in the mail.

Steiner said:
They actually meet before the 15th and then send out notifications on the 15th of each month until April. They send everything (rejections too) certified too, so you have to be home to accept it. You should receive your decision around the 20th of the month that they reviewed your app. Incase you're wondering they won't tell you when your app is up for review either, you just have to wait until the final decision comes in the mail.

Hey Steiner did you already hear back from this year's application cycle? I interviewed with UNR in mid-december and haven't heard back yet. I wasn't expecting anything until the end of Jan. or Feb.

Nothing yet. If you were reviewed in the january meeting then you should have something by the end of this week. If not, then you'll have to wait until next month or the following one. The problem is they won't tell you when your app is up for review or whether or not they already made a decision. Some of the stuff they refuse to tell you makes no sense to me.

I wanted to add that I talked to my contact in the admissions office and she told me that OOS applicants won't hear back until the February decisions are sent out.

Anyone from UNLV applying to UNSOM?