This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phamt2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I have an interview with USA on Feb 16th. Can anybody tell me what kind of questions would they ask and how do they conduct interviews? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! I have an interview with USA on Feb 16th. Can anybody tell me what kind of questions would they ask and how do they conduct interviews? Thank you
Hey! Just wondering when you received your email. I'm waiting on mine so I can respond to another school haha

I just got an interview invite to USA as well

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ya'll! It might not help anyone in this thread right now because we just had our interviews yesterday, but I thought it might be helpful to any future applicants who search for information on their interview format. I looked a lot before the interview to find out what to expect and couldn't find any insight online.

At South the interview is 30 minutes with a member of faculty and a practicing PT from the area. The questions are pretty straight forward- Why PT? Time management? Favorite shadow setting? Etc. Nothing weird like what color would you be or who would play you in a movie of your life! It was very comfortable and the interviews were held in the faculty member's office. I was taken in early because they were ahead of schedule, so be prepared to walk straight in even if you arrive with time to spare!

My advice would be to know why you're there trying to be a PT and what about you as a student makes you a good culture fit for their program. Stress less; know your motivations more.

My fellow interviewees for the 2017-2018 cycle- I hope I see you this fall (South is my #1 choice :D)! Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming years!

Hey ya'll! It might not help anyone in this thread right now because we just had our interviews yesterday, but I thought it might be helpful to any future applicants who search for information on their interview format. I looked a lot before the interview to find out what to expect and couldn't find any insight online.

At South the interview is 30 minutes with a member of faculty and a practicing PT from the area. The questions are pretty straight forward- Why PT? Time management? Favorite shadow setting? Etc. Nothing weird like what color would you be or who would play you in a movie of your life! It was very comfortable and the interviews were held in the faculty member's office. I was taken in early because they were ahead of schedule, so be prepared to walk straight in even if you arrive with time to spare!

My advice would be to know why you're there trying to be a PT and what about you as a student makes you a good culture fit for their program. Stress less; know your motivations more.

My fellow interviewees for the 2017-2018 cycle- I hope I see you this fall (South is my #1 choice :D)! Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming years!
I also interviewed yesterday. i feel like some of the questions took a little thinking to answer, but not too bad. good luck to you as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the acceptance email!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! Congrats on your acceptance! I'll be applying in December and South is my number 1 choice. If you don't me asking, how many observation hours did you guys have?