University of St. Augustine Fall 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got wait listed.

Members don't see this ad.

They weren't kidding when they said this was a competitive term yikes! Those are all in the range of what they have on their website as average acceptance criteria.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got waitlisted at 2 other universities, did you apply anywhere else?

Yeah I'm also on a couple of other waitlists as well as St. Augustine, not really banking on any of them, already starting to prepare for next year.

Yeah I'm also on a couple of other waitlists as well as St. Augustine, not really banking on any of them, already starting to prepare for next year.
Thats a smart move, if money isn't a concern, you might want to apply to ETSU. You would be very competitive if you have comparable stats / observation hours to me or dvUSA.

Did anyone from Group B [March 18] San Marcos Campus receive any update on acceptance, waitlist, denial?

On Saturday 3/19/16 I completed the interview and campus tour at St. Augustine Campus in Florida for the Fall 2016 Flex-DPT Program. There was a very small group of us there for the interview. Interview was scheduled to last only 30-45 minutes and went for 2 hours. I guess longer is better in my opinion…. Rather have it take far over time than make it a 10-15 minute interview. Overall, the entire experience was great! We were told that we should hear a definitive acceptance or declination in 2-3 weeks (April 6 - April 13).

Good luck to everyone! If anyone else has applied or interviewed for the St. Augustine Campus for the Fall of 2016 Flex-DPT then feel free to send a message. Would love to keep in contact moving forward.
Hello,
I was also in the interview on 9/16. I thought it went well due to the amount of time we were in there. I have not heard anything yet and am getting a bit worried. Have you heard anything yet?
Cheers.

Got added to the waitlist gang! Interviewed 3/18 at FL campus so those of y'all on that day check your emails Goodluck!

Got added to the waitlist gang! Interviewed 3/18 at FL campus so those of y'all on that day check your emails Goodluck!
Hey do you mind sharing your stats? I also interviewed that day.

Hey all! I interviewed on 3/18 and was accepted today!! Soo excited! Good luck to all those still waiting. I received an email around 4pm and the portal was updated as well if anyone is wondering.

Hey all! I interviewed on 3/18 and was accepted today!! Soo excited! Good luck to all those still waiting. I received an email around 4pm and the portal was updated as well if anyone is wondering.
Hey can you share your stats? I also interviewed that day

Hey guys I got in too!!! Thank God! I interviewed March 18 at St augustine Florida campus.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey do you mind sharing your stats? I also interviewed that day.
3.67 cumulative GPA
3.80 prerequisite GPA
Over 2600 hours in (inpatient/outpatient as pt tech)
GRE 296 which is the reason I prob got waitlisted.

Congrats to those accepted!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey can you share your stats? I also interviewed that day
Sure! I'm not sure how relatable my stats will be as I'm a slightly nontraditional student. I just finished graduate school in December so I don't have a GRE score, I actually never took the test. But my GPA was a 3.86 and hours wise I had just over 200. Let me know if I can help with anything else!

For those who have already had their interview, did you bring anything with you? Resumes? Portfolios? Prepared questions you wanted to ask?

Added to the waitlist for Florida Campus...not sure what to choose (hope for fall start date OR possible miami or spring 2017). At the interview it seemed like complete luck on what to chose from. No idea on my stats btw, I just know my GRE was 300. I actually received an email before I was offered the interview about my GPA and GRE being on the lower end so I was surprised when I was offered an interview.

What is your thoughts on potential Miami campus? I know it was brought up during orientation.

What is your thoughts on potential Miami campus? I know it was brought up during orientation.

Mixed. IIRC they are going to accept a smaller number of students than Augustine's 54? I believe there's already a big group of people applying to the Miami campus AND it looks like we might have to re-interview for this campus which is unappealing since I live far away. I definitely don't want to do the Flex program; I know that.

For those who have already had their interview, did you bring anything with you? Resumes? Portfolios? Prepared questions you wanted to ask?
A smile, no portfolio (I really don't feel it will benefit you at all.) Questions about Direct access, obamacare, its there any reason you wouldn't accept me, why choose St. Augustine, after school study time availability.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody else have an interview tomorrow at the San Marcos campus?

Hello I am new to this forum and I would appreciate some advice. I will be applying for the Spring 2017 term (san marcos campus full DPT).
My question is:
It says on their website that they look at the last 45 credit hours and I wanted to know what exactly that means. For example, I took anatomy during my sophomore year so does that grade count in the last 45 hours because it is a prerequisite? Sorry if I am not clear.
Thanks

Hello I am new to this forum and I would appreciate some advice. I will be applying for the Spring 2017 term (san marcos campus full DPT).
My question is:
It says on their website that they look at the last 45 credit hours and I wanted to know what exactly that means. For example, I took anatomy during my sophomore year so does that grade count in the last 45 hours because it is a prerequisite? Sorry if I am not clear.
Thanks
I don't know for sure, but my guess is that they look at the last 45 credits of any kind and that plays a factor in your admission and interview chances. For examine 2 students with a 3.3 gpa. One started off strong but has been lax for the last 3 semesters, the was lax their freshman year but did very well for the last year and a half. The latter is probably more likely to get an interview.

I applied for FL campus... Haven't gotten an interview or a deny letter/academic decision.... weird.

Anybody else have an interview tomorrow at the San Marcos campus?

Good evening,

How's it going, I was in that interview date for the Fall 2016 Flex DPT program. And exactly two weeks after that interview I got accepted! So relieved since I was disappointed in my interview performance and thought I did not perform well that day.

But back to the topic of helping others in here, you find out about your acceptance decision fastest through your USA portal admissions tab. Then you get an email following (usually a day after).

However, I am a little worried about the graduation rate of the flex program after signing all the enrollment forms, 50% graduation rate for the 2013 Flex program (10 students and only 5 graduated). I hope the flex program is something I do not regret applying for over the regular program.

For anyone going to USA or really wanting to, what makes USA worth the price? It's one of my options, but I want to get other opinions.

For anyone going to USA or really wanting to, what makes USA worth the price? It's one of my options, but I want to get other opinions.

For me personally it is the school closest to home and the only program that allowed a flexible program for me to be able to work and take care of my family members who are dependent on my assistance. Also I talked to a lot of the graduates who graduated from USA and they never mention anything bad about USA except for the price. Nothing but good reviews from the alumni.

Good evening,

How's it going, I was in that interview date for the Fall 2016 Flex DPT program. And exactly two weeks after that interview I got accepted! So relieved since I was disappointed in my interview performance and thought I did not perform well that day.

But back to the topic of helping others in here, you find out about your acceptance decision fastest through your USA portal admissions tab. Then you get an email following (usually a day after).

However, I am a little worried about the graduation rate of the flex program after signing all the enrollment forms, 50% graduation rate for the 2013 Flex program (10 students and only 5 graduated). I hope the flex program is something I do not regret applying for over the regular program.

Congrats! I got accepted as well! I found out last Friday!

As far as the graduation rates, I actually asked them about that at the interview. The director said they usually have people drop out due to personal reasons or switch over to the full time program so that's where the stats dip. Regardless of the stats, I've been working a lonnnng longgg time to get to this point so i'm not going to let anything stop me from graduating.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! I got accepted as well! I found out last Friday!

As far as the graduation rates, I actually asked them about that at the interview. The director said they usually have people drop out due to personal reasons or switch over to the full time program so that's where the stats dip. Regardless of the stats, I've been working a lonnnng longgg time to get to this point so i'm not going to let anything stop me from graduating.

Congrats! And thanks for that information. Yeah I'm in the same boat as you, I have put in too many years to let anything stop me now. We should start a Facebook group like every other class year does to help each other with any questions or information on our journey towards obtaining a DPT.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! And thanks for that information. Yeah I'm in the same boat as you, I have put in too many years to let anything stop me now. We should start a Facebook group like every other class year does to help each other with any questions or information on our journey towards obtaining a DPT.

Hey, I guess we'll be classmates! I got into the Flex DPT program as well! This is definitely something we all deserve to proud of ourselves for. This is my second year applying for PT school and I'm so glad everything worked out! I will be moving down to San Marcos and am wondering where's the ideal place to settle. What are your guys' plans? I noticed that most of the apartments there are by the Sprinter Trains. Do you guys know whether they're really loud or not? I would prefer a nice quiet place to study whenever I'm at home. Did you guys ever start that facebook page? I'd like to join :)

Hey, I guess we'll be classmates! I got into the Flex DPT program as well! This is definitely something we all deserve to proud of ourselves for. This is my second year applying for PT school and I'm so glad everything worked out! I will be moving down to San Marcos and am wondering where's the ideal place to settle. What are your guys' plans? I noticed that most of the apartments there are by the Sprinter Trains. Do you guys know whether they're really loud or not? I would prefer a nice quiet place to study whenever I'm at home. Did you guys ever start that facebook page? I'd like to join :)

Hi, congrats on your 2nd year applications! I currently live in San Marcos (grew up in San Diego) and have been living here for the past 3 years and it's a nice college area to live in. Traffic isn't too bad and I've never heard of any complaints of the sprinter or anything from other students/people who live near the sprinter trains. Some good places in San Marcos are The highlands, Barham villas, Crest 850, The avenue, and Benchmark. If you don't mind driving a little farther of a commute to school since FLEX students don't come to school as often, I would recommend including in your search criteria areas such as Carlsbad, Encinitas, and San Elijo Hills as these places are a richer neighborhood and more of the suburbs.

Howdy guys, I am a current SPT at the Austin campus. I know the whole admission process sucks/is stressful, but it all works out. I am in my first trimester..well its almost over now...and can gladly answer or attempt to answer any questions you have!
Hi John!
During my interview I was told to study anatomy before I start school. Is there a specific anatomy book I should use? Also are there textbooks we have to buy? Thanks!

Does anyone know if its possible to delay your acceptance for the fallnuntil January?

Application Question! When you guys applied, did your OTs write a letter or just fill out a form sent to them?

Does anyone know if its possible to delay your acceptance for the fallnuntil January?

Hey! I talked to some current students when I was down for my interview. And they said that they had one student who had a family issue/emergency and St. Augustine moved her to the next semester/incoming class. So she got accepted and was about to start the Fall semester, and the emergency popped up, she talk to St. Augustine, and they moved her to the Spring.

Thats what they said, so it's worth a shot man!

Goodluck, hope everything is okay!

Application Question! When you guys applied, did your OTs write a letter or just fill out a form sent to them?

Hey! I applied for DPT, but the people I got to write my letters of rec, told me that they have to fill out a few questions regarding leadership, communication, social skills, etc etc, then they have a section where they write the actual letter.

Hope that helps, and goodluck!

Anyone who got an interview/acceptance mind sharing their stats? I'll be applying to the St. Augustine campus this summer and I'm trying to see how my stats measure up.

Anyone who got an interview/acceptance mind sharing their stats? I'll be applying to the St. Augustine campus this summer and I'm trying to see how my stats measure up.

Accepted to Fall 2016 Flex DPT at San Marcos.
Cummaltive GPA: 2.8
Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE: 313 + 4.0 Writing Score
150ish Inpatient ; 200ish Outpatient

If anyone here was accepted to the San Marcos campus and is interested in purchasing study material let me know. I have a lot of helpful tools/notes/media, which are laid out and organized based on where you are in the program.

I'm curious, since you can't use federal loans for this school, can you still get the public service loan forgiveness or do the income base loan repayment plan? If not how do you guys plan to pay off the tuition?

I'm curious, since you can't use federal loans for this school, can you still get the public service loan forgiveness or do the income base loan repayment plan? If not how do you guys plan to pay off the tuition?
You can use federal loans for this school

How long is everyone's resumes? Is there a requirement?

Anyone accepted mind sharing stats?

Accepted to Fall 2016 Flex DPT at San Marcos.
Cummaltive GPA: 2.8
Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE: 313 + 4.0 Writing Score
150ish Inpatient ; 200ish Outpatient

Hi everyone, I recently interviewed on 5/21 at the florida campus for the FLEX DPT program for Fall 2016. Anyone else? I'm hoping we can share as we hear updates. I believe we were told 3-5 weeks. Best of luck everyone.

Hey there, I just applied for the spring 2017 St. augustine, I was just wondering some things.
What questions did they ask you during the interview?
Thank you so much and congratulations.