University of St. Augustine Fall 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I was in Group A also
so thats like 5 group a's and no group b's....i think im onto something haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Bob D. you sir. Deserve an MVP. I'm in group B too. I feel so much better now knowing that I still have hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bob D. you sir. Deserve an MVP. I'm in group B too. I feel so much better now knowing that I still have hope.
haha i could be wrong, but it def seems like B's just have yet to be notified. Any group B's get an email yet?

Anyone else haven't received an email yet? I still haven't gotten an email. Did Diana Aybar send the email out to you guys?
I haven't heard back either way. I did email Diana this morning to see if all acceptances/wait list notifications had been sent for the 2/26 interview group
haha i could be wrong, but it def seems like B's just have yet to be notified. Any group B's get an email yet?

I was group B, no email for me yet...

I haven't heard back either way. I did email Diana this morning to see if all acceptances/wait list notifications had been sent for the 2/26 interview group

yep, it seems group B has not be notified yet. Most likely why we were split in 2 groups...

Another group B that hasnt heard. It seems all the group B people just havnt been notified. Im assuming they notified group A and will be notifying group B soon.

I was in group A as well! On 2/26 at the st. Augustine location

I was in group B for interviews. Hopefully they will notify you soon tho !

On Saturday 3/19/16 I completed the interview and campus tour at St. Augustine Campus in Florida for the Fall 2016 Flex-DPT Program. There was a very small group of us there for the interview. Interview was scheduled to last only 30-45 minutes and went for 2 hours. I guess longer is better in my opinion…. Rather have it take far over time than make it a 10-15 minute interview. Overall, the entire experience was great! We were told that we should hear a definitive acceptance or declination in 2-3 weeks (April 6 - April 13).

Good luck to everyone! If anyone else has applied or interviewed for the St. Augustine Campus for the Fall of 2016 Flex-DPT then feel free to send a message. Would love to keep in contact moving forward.

Hey guys, I received my e-mail last Friday and I was waitlisted. I was part of the interview at St. Augustine on 02/26, Group B if anyone was interested. Kinda upset because I felt the interview went really well but I'm staying positive. Hope to share some good news with ya'll soon!

And for those that did not get an e-mail yet, just be on the look out. They kept talking about how this was one of the biggest interviews they had so I am sure it is time consuming to do everything in one day.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I received my e-mail last Friday and I was waitlisted. I was part of the interview at St. Augustine on 02/29, Group B if anyone was interested. Kinda upset because I felt the interview went really well but I'm staying positive. Hope to share some good news with ya'll soon!

And for those that did not get an e-mail yet, just be on the look out. They kept talking about how this was one of the biggest interviews they had so I am sure it is time consuming to do everything in one day.

Hey dude, which campus did you interview for? (2/29 ?)

Anyone who was accepted to the FL campus mind sharing their stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at the FL campus on 2/26 and was in Group B. I received my Acceptance email on Friday afternoon.

I am super excited as this was my second time applying!

If anyone has started a Facebook Group or Thread let me know please. I will be moving from across country so I need to start planning my living arrangements and all of that asap.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, it is a grueling process but totally worth the wait!

For those of you that still haven't heard back and interviewed on 2/26... I received an email response from Diana who said not all decisions have been sent out because some applicants were still under reviewed. The rest will be sent out this week :luck:

is there anyone who couldn't decide between 2 or more campuses? how did you ultimately decide where you wanted to go? I'm torn between applying to the FL and CA campuses - I've visited Florida, but I've always wanted to go to school in California.. It's making it kind of hard for me b/c cost-wise I believe they are very similar... Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't heard anything, no emails/nothing in the website application portal.

I'm assuming it'll be next week now, since their offices close at 5?
I ended up receiving my email later that evening!
ACCEPTED!!!
YAY and congrats to all the incoming students for Fall 2016!

I have yet to get an email. I am hoping that they went ahead and sent out emails to the first group of interviews on 2/26...and the group B folks will be getting theirs monday. I find it very strange that there are a large number of people that have not gotten anything yet. Were all of you that received acceptance letters in group A?
I was in group A and got my information on Friday evening.

Attachments

• st_augustine_005_lg.jpg
    st_augustine_005_lg.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 43
Anyone who was accepted to the FL campus mind sharing their stats?
Stats: Cumulative: 3.39, PRE REQ 3.48 GRE 317 observation hours 200 half inpatient half outpatient.

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone that has been accepted, have you guys accepted your seats and plan on attending St. Augustine? Or are you guys still waiting to hear back from other schools?

Also, how long do you have to pay your deposit?

Do y'all know if for repeated classes they look at the average of the 2 or the highest earned?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just received my acceptance email from Diana Aybar. I interviewed in 2/26 st aug campus. I am definitely accepting the offer!

Reactions: 3 users
hey guys quick question for you. Does St.Augustine will go off the last 45 credit hours for a class? I read on the site that your GPA was the pre reqs as well as the cumulative of the last 45 credits you took.

Everyone that has been accepted, have you guys accepted your seats and plan on attending St. Augustine? Or are you guys still waiting to hear back from other schools?
I'm in the process of accepting, I was rejected from the two Iowa schools I would have picked over St. Aug. The only way I would go to another university is if they promised a very large scholarship every trimester. Which is very unlikely.
20 days from acceptance.

I will be turning down my acceptance. I plan on attending FIU !
Hopefully someone gets my spot soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Howdy guys, I am a current SPT at the Austin campus. I know the whole admission process sucks/is stressful, but it all works out. I am in my first trimester..well its almost over now...and can gladly answer or attempt to answer any questions you have!

Howdy guys, I am a current SPT at the Austin campus. I know the whole admission process sucks/is stressful, but it all works out. I am in my first trimester..well its almost over now...and can gladly answer or attempt to answer any questions you have!
How do you like it so far? and how is the faculty/classes? I just got accepted to the austin campus for Fall 2016 and I'm super excited!

Hey man, I was wondering if you had any info about the waitlist?

I am starting the DPT program in Austin this May and we had 30 days from the date of acceptance to return paperwork and pay the $500 deposit.

got accepted to the MOT (St.Augustine campus). :)

How do you like it so far? and how is the faculty/classes? I just got accepted to the austin campus for Fall 2016 and I'm super excited!

You'll learn to have a love/hate relationship with PT school lol. It's super fast paced and there is a lot of material but you learn pretty quick to adapt. Anatomy is by far the most intense mainly because there is so much information. A lot of the work/lecture is online so your professors expect you to have read/done the assignments before class. All the staff is super chill and there to help you! Its definitely a change but it's "doable" lol

Hey man, I was wondering if you had any info about the waitlist?

I honestly don't know much about it. I don't even know who/if people came off of it for my class. But stay strong..it'll all work out in the end!

Well.. since acceptance for PT's were sent out last Friday and acceptance for MOT's was this week. I'm guessing rejections are going to be send out this friday for those how haven't received an email yet? Guess I'll have to try again next semester.

Hey everyone! I'm new to this thread and message board in general. I just finished reading through the entire thread. Lots of good stuff. Anyways I just wanted to share my info and journey with you all. Solidarity am I right!

I actually applied for the Fall 2016 Flex DPT @ San Marcos back in mid-February. I worked with Rein Townsend, who is an enrollment adviser for the San Marcos campus. She was very helpful in answering my questions. She even preferred talking to me over the phone vs responding by email. I was lucky enough to get an interview, which is scheduled for April 9th.

Here are my stats:
Cummalative GPA: 2.8 (Got 2 F's for the same class during my freshman year of college. haha. Without the F's I believe my GPA would've beeen a little over 3.0)
PreReq GPA: 3.8
GRE: 157V + 156Q = 313 Overall, 4.0Essay
150 Outpatient Hours
100 Inpatient Hours

Can I ask everyone what were some of the questions they asked at their respective interviews? Also to clarify, not the questions they asked you but the questions you posed to them.

Thanks again for all the great info that's been shared on this thread and congrats to all the people who've already been accepted!

Hey everyone! I'm new to this thread and message board in general. I just finished reading through the entire thread. Lots of good stuff. Anyways I just wanted to share my info and journey with you all. Solidarity am I right!

I actually applied for the Fall 2016 Flex DPT @ San Marcos back in mid-February. I worked with Rein Townsend, who is an enrollment adviser for the San Marcos campus. She was very helpful in answering my questions. She even preferred talking to me over the phone vs responding by email. I was lucky enough to get an interview, which is scheduled for April 9th.

Here are my stats:
Cummalative GPA: 2.8 (Got 2 F's for the same class during my freshman year of college. haha. Without the F's I believe my GPA would've beeen a little over 3.0)
PreReq GPA: 3.8
GRE: 157V + 156Q = 313 Overall, 4.0Essay
150 Outpatient Hours
100 Inpatient Hours

Can I ask everyone what were some of the questions they asked at their respective interviews? Also to clarify, not the questions they asked you but the questions you posed to them.

Thanks again for all the great info that's been shared on this thread and congrats to all the people who've already been accepted!
Why should I pick St. Aug over other programs, how late are the labs open for additional studying, office hours, supplemental materials, opportunities for business expansion.

Well.. since acceptance for PT's were sent out last Friday and acceptance for MOT's was this week. I'm guessing rejections are going to be send out this friday for those how haven't received an email yet? Guess I'll have to try again next semester.
Not necessarily, you might be wait-listed. What are your stats and observation experience, I might be able to give you a general feel for where you'll land.

Not necessarily, you might be wait-listed. What are your stats and observation experience, I might be able to give you a general feel for where you'll land.

Overall gpa: 3.35
Prerequisite gpa: 3.7
GRE: 305
Experience: 580 hours (outpatient and pediatric)

You said you haven't heard anything? Have you checked your junk/spam/trash mail??

You said you haven't heard anything? Have you checked your junk/spam/trash mail??
No I haven't. I checked everything. I sent her an email on Monday asking about the acceptance/denial letters but didn't get a response. I think someone else on here contacted her and got a response though.

No I haven't. I checked everything. I sent her an email on Monday asking about the acceptance/denial letters but didn't get a response. I think someone else on here contacted her and got a response though.

That's odd, maybe you will hear something tomorrow since it's Friday. I hope you do.

And yeah she has also emailed me back this week. Maybe she just forgot to reply back or accidentally missed your email. Definitely try calling tomorrow!

Goodluck!

Unless you retook a lot of classes and the GPA they calculated was lower or you bombed your interview, I would expect the wait-list or an offer as your stats are fine, and those observation hours are great.