University of St. Augustine Spring 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an acceptance email as well

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
got accepted to Austin DPT!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Two of my friends on the wait list got moved to the new Miami campus! I don't think it's accredited yet though.

Yes I know that's a little scary. I know 2 people that go to St. Augustine and have great things to say about it. They haven't said anything bad about it. But from friends I have a different PT schools, it seems like the consensus is that there's no "perfect" PT school - all have disorganization between faculty and staff. I could especially see this with St. Augustine since they have multiple campuses. But in the end, almost every PT school has the same basic curriculum so wherever you go you will still gain the appropriate knowledge needed for ur career. I've been skeptical of a few programs like St. Augustine before too...but in the end, you're one step closer to reaching your goal.

Thanks for your reply! You're right - So long as the basic curriculum is the same across the board, it's essentially up to the student to gain as much out of it as possible. Glad to know you have friends that are currently in the USA program and are happy there!

Reactions: 1 user
On the Facebook group for the florida campus, it looks like there's only 23 members!

Just got done talking with mrs. Evette from Austin and I have to wait until all the interviews are done before I can switch campus's!

Has anyone heard from San Marcos dpt program for spring 2016? I had my interview and they said 2-3 weeks but I haven't heard anything.

Just got done talking with mrs. Evette from Austin and I have to wait until all the interviews are done before I can switch campus's!
What campus are you looking to switch to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would those who got accepted mind sharing their stats? I just submitted my application for the summer term for the Florida campus. I would love to get an idea of what the accepted gpa's are. Thanks!

Would those who got accepted mind sharing their stats? I just submitted my application for the summer term for the Florida campus. I would love to get an idea of what the accepted gpa's are. Thanks!
Gre-302
cGpa-3.3
Pre req-3.56
Observation hours only like 100

Still waiting to hear something from the Flex program am I alone here on this one

Still waiting.... MOT San Marcos. Ugh!!!

On the Facebook group for the florida campus, it looks like there's only 23 members!
Not all 23 members in the group are spring 2016 students. Some of them are current students!

Not all 23 members in the group are spring 2016 students. Some of them are current students!
Yeah I noticed! Which is even more depressing lol I wanna know who really is in our class

Has anyone else heard nothing for the Austin MOT program? Yvette said I should hear back within the next few weeks if I got an interview but I have gotten that same response over and over again. Just wondering if I'm the only one who has heard nothing.

Has anyone heard from the San Marcos campus? I had an interview three weeks ago. I have not recieved an email or phone call from them.

Has anyone else heard nothing for the Austin MOT program? Yvette said I should hear back within the next few weeks if I got an interview but I have gotten that same response over and over again. Just wondering if I'm the only one who has heard nothing.
Just found out I got an interview for September 25th! Seems so far away! Any tips on how the Austin interview was conducted?

Got an interview for dpt flex for fl

Just found out I got an interview for September 25th! Seems so far away! Any tips on how the Austin interview was conducted?
We learned a lot during orientation with the directors of the program and other staff. Don't be afraid to speak up and ask questions! Besides initial nerves, the day overall was very relaxed. Lunch was provided and a few students sat in with us to chat.
There is a thread somewhere listing a lot of USA's typical interview questions, and that helped a ton. Though, the professor I interviewed with asked some atypical scenario questions. Something that I struggle with is thinking of an example on the spot, so definitely have some idea of an example for those. Personally, I prepared by writing down everything I was involved in, leadership examples, things I've struggled/excelled with, and then actually talking answers out with friends and coworkers.
You'll be in the room with another applicant, but definitely don't go into it thinking it's "you or them," feed off of each other. Present yourself with confidence and smile :)
Oh, also this was just my experience...other people from my interview date had much different questions/experiences. All were good though, just different
Let me know if you have any other questions!

Seriously!!! It has been 5 weeks tomorrow since my MOT interview in San Marcos and still no word. I check my email and snail mail daily with no luck. Is anyone else in the same boat? I was thinking about giving them a call. What do you think?

Seriously!!! It has been 5 weeks tomorrow since my MOT interview in San Marcos and still no word. I check my email and snail mail daily with no luck. Is anyone else in the same boat? I was thinking about giving them a call. What do you think?

They're definitely not holding out on us for no reason. I'm assuming the admissions committee is still reviewing applications and interviews. A friendly phone call requesting an update would probably be ok though. You're not alone in wanting to know more information. Good luck!!!

I submitted my hours of observation form and i know two places have already completed it but they are showing on my online application… do you guys know how long it takes to post? One posted very quickly to my application but I'm still missing two…? thanks

I submitted my hours of observation form and i know two places have already completed it but they are showing on my online application… do you guys know how long it takes to post? One posted very quickly to my application but I'm still missing two…? thanks
Honestly the same thing happened to me. I think it has to do with them switching to a new application program. I would call in the morning and talk to Erika (when she was there) and she would go through and "accept" my documents and then they would show up. Eventually I started getting emails from someone there saying they had received the documents. It was an automated type email.

Received an acceptance from san marcos via email today

St. Augustine MOT Spring 2016! WOOO!!!

Best of luck to everyone!

Accepted!!! 5 weeks to the day after my interview. MOT San Marcos Soring 2016 here I come! So excited! Now I have to figure out how to pay for it and where to live. Small details...

Honestly the same thing happened to me. I think it has to do with them switching to a new application program. I would call in the morning and talk to Erika (when she was there) and she would go through and "accept" my documents and then they would show up. Eventually I started getting emails from someone there saying they had received the documents. It was an automated type email.
thanks! i'll have to call tues (long weekend)

Congrats to every one who has an acceptance! Good luck to those who get the chance to try again. My first time applying to PT school was unsuccessful but I did not give up and tried again... I graduate in less than a year! I am a current student at USA-ATX feel free to him me up if you have any questions. Also I know there is a blog by a USA student and if I remember right it has some good info. Its www.creatingapt.com. congrats and good luck to you all.

Does anyone who is filling out the documentation for DPT program know if the witness signature needs to be someone other than a parent?

Does anyone who is filling out the documentation for DPT program know if the witness signature needs to be someone other than a parent?
I just used my parent!

Did anyone else apply through USA's new online application (online.usa.edu)? I'm having trouble signing into my.usa.edu to pay the deposit. IT department couldn't really help. Anyone else going through this?

Hey guys Im turning in my App this weekend, but I am having a hard time editing my statement of purpose… from my understanding USA no longer requires an autiobio? I am just confused on what to put on my statement of purpose.. should i also add some autobio stuff?

Has anyone on the wait list heard any news about whether or not a spot at a campus has opened up? I'm on the wait list currently but have not heard any new news in a little while

I just got accepted into the MOT program in Florida! Anyone else going?!

Two of my friends on the wait list got moved to the new Miami campus! I don't think it's accredited yet though.
when did your friends hear back about getting accepted to Miami? Have you heard from anyone else on the wait list getting accepted?