University of St. Augustine Spring 2017

Started by cg11092
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait listed. Does anyone know if we are not selected for this semester are we looked at for the summer or fall semesters?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Emily said if no spots come available this term, we go into the pool of applicants for next term to get re- reviewed. Possibly re interview.
 
Just found this forum. Just wondering if anyone else has an interview this friday for St. Augustine? I see that others are already getting acceptances and wait listed and I have yet to interview. I wonder if there are even slots available stil and if I am interviewing for just a possible wait list position? Anyone else in the same boat?
 
Hey Volleydpt, I will be interviewing this Friday as well. What campus are you going to be at?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just found this forum. Just wondering if anyone else has an interview this friday for St. Augustine? I see that others are already getting acceptances and wait listed and I have yet to interview. I wonder if there are even slots available stil and if I am interviewing for just a possible wait list position? Anyone else in the same boat?
youre probably interviewing for the summer class
 
I was waitlisted for the Miami Campus for September but I got in for the January Class for 2017. I was wondering if anyone has made any facebook groups for MIAMI 2017 for January. If you have please let me know. I'm from NY and I need to look for roommates in the program that are willing to get a house/apartment together. Thank You. If anyone has questions please feel free to ask me as well.
 
I was waitlisted for the Miami Campus for September but I got in for the January Class for 2017. I was wondering if anyone has made any facebook groups for MIAMI 2017 for January. If you have please let me know. I'm from NY and I need to look for roommates in the program that are willing to get a house/apartment together. Thank You. If anyone has questions please feel free to ask me as well.


I'm waiting to hear back from Miami, still! So nervous!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm wondering if I have a shot next year at USA's dpt program. My stats are as follows:
pre-req GPA: 3.58
cum GPA: 2.8
last 45: 3.5
GRE: 154 V, 160 Q, 4.0 AW
 
i'm wondering if I have a shot next year at USA's dpt program. My stats are as follows:
pre-req GPA: 3.58
cum GPA: 2.8
last 45: 3.5
GRE: 154 V, 160 Q, 4.0 AW
experience, letters of recommendation, and personal statement matters a lot. can make up for the low GPA
 
experience, letters of recommendation, and personal statement matters a lot. can make up for the low GPA
thanks for the reply. My first two years did not go too well hence the low cumulative GPA. Just not sure how much the school actually weighs the cumulative GPA in the admission process.
 
thanks for the reply. My first two years did not go too well hence the low cumulative GPA. Just not sure how much the school actually weighs the cumulative GPA in the admission process.
I was in the same boat.
when I applied, I had cGPA 3.05, prGPA 3.2, last 45 GPA 3.8. 314 GRE, 2500 hrs experience. I got good letters of recommendation, and busted my ass on the personal statement. I start at the Austin campus in January.
 
I was in the same boat.
when I applied, I had cGPA 3.05, prGPA 3.2, last 45 GPA 3.8. 314 GRE, 2500 hrs experience. I got good letters of recommendation, and busted my ass on the personal statement. I start at the Austin campus in January.
congrats!
 
i'm wondering if I have a shot next year at USA's dpt program. My stats are as follows:
pre-req GPA: 3.58
cum GPA: 2.8
last 45: 3.5
GRE: 154 V, 160 Q, 4.0 AW


Your stats are okay, that's a 314 GRE which is above average for USA applicants I think.

I got into the Austin program with a ~3.7 prereq, 2.6 cummulative, and 160 Q/163 V/5, and my cumulative GPA didn't prevent me from getting in. I don't know how many volunteer hours you had but I only had about 300 hours.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten their follow-up email for enrolling? I got accepted to the Austin campus but I'm kinda worried about not getting the email about tuition deposit yet for the spring 2017 cohort.
 
Has anyone gotten their follow-up email for enrolling? I got accepted to the Austin campus but I'm kinda worried about not getting the email about tuition deposit yet for the spring 2017 cohort.
I havent gotten any followup emails, but I've paid my tuition deposit. if you go to your portal, under the financial section there's an option to pay the deposit (only takes credit card tho)
 
Last edited:
I gotten any followup emails, but I've paid my tuition deposit. if you go to your portal, under the financial section there's an option to pay the deposit (only takes credit card tho)
Mine says account balance is $0.00.
Where can we find information about the deposit?
 
Again, congrats to everyone who have gotten accepted!

I'm interviewing this Saturday at the St. Augustine Campus! Nervous, but so ready!

Anyone care to share how their interview looked or questions asked? I'm not leaving anything to chance and want to be prepared for anything!
 
Hi everyone! Congrats to all those who have been accepted!

Here is the situation I'm in:

I am planning on applying for the Summer 2017 start term at the Austin Campus. I have everything in but they haven't posted one of my transcripts that I sent in 2 months ago - frustrating! The deadline is October 1st or 3rd. I have been talking with my USA advisor back and forth and she asked me if I would like to submit my application for the Spring 2017 start date since my app is almost complete and there are still spots open for this cohort. I haven't been able to speak with her on the phone about this yet. Has anyone else been offered this? I want to give myself the best chance but I don't know how many spots are still open or if this is even the best route to take. I guess it doesn't matter that the deadline for Spring 2017 already passed? Super conflicted!

Any advice would help. Thank you!
 
Again, congrats to everyone who have gotten accepted!

I'm interviewing this Saturday at the St. Augustine Campus! Nervous, but so ready!

Anyone care to share how their interview looked or questions asked? I'm not leaving anything to chance and want to be prepared for anything!
I interviewed at the St. Augustine campus.. it's very relaxed! Although that will not stop you from feeling nervous when you go in. I got asked very basic questions, and me and my partner were both asked 5 questions each. What does professionalism mean to you? Why St. Augustine? Why PT? Tell me about a time you received constructive criticism and how you responded. How have you handled the stress of applying to PT school?
Good luck!!! Be yourself!
 
Hi everyone! Congrats to all those who have been accepted!

Here is the situation I'm in:

I am planning on applying for the Summer 2017 start term at the Austin Campus. I have everything in but they haven't posted one of my transcripts that I sent in 2 months ago - frustrating! The deadline is October 1st or 3rd. I have been talking with my USA advisor back and forth and she asked me if I would like to submit my application for the Spring 2017 start date since my app is almost complete and there are still spots open for this cohort. I haven't been able to speak with her on the phone about this yet. Has anyone else been offered this? I want to give myself the best chance but I don't know how many spots are still open or if this is even the best route to take. I guess it doesn't matter that the deadline for Spring 2017 already passed? Super conflicted!

Any advice would help. Thank you!
I say go for it. If anything, worse comes to worst they will push you to be reviewed for Summer maybe - but check with your advisor to make sure that would be the case.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, Thanks for all of the input. I interviewed Saturday and received my acceptance e-mail just 3 days later. I'll be starting the Flex DPT January cohort.
Keep plugging away to everyone who didn't make it this time around as well. Thanks again for everything!
 
Waitlisted... my interview went well too...more waiting for me I guess🙁
My stats are

Pre req: 3.74
Last 45: 3.6
Post bac: 3.96
Gre: 310 W 4.0
Observation hours: 200 - inpatient, outpatient
 
Last edited: