University of St. Augustine Spring 2017

Started by cg11092
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sounds like the interview invites are rolling in! Congrats guys, just think in a few years from now you'll be graduating as DPTs! I in my last semester here at USA-ATX and its been a wild ride. If you have any questions or concerns I can try to help (from a students perspective). Good luck preparing!
Hi! Just a quick question if you don't mind! Where do most students live? I know there are apartments about 10 min away from the Austin campus but is there specific ones where most students gravitate towards?
 
Hi! Just a quick question if you don't mind! Where do most students live? I know there are apartments about 10 min away from the Austin campus but is there specific ones where most students gravitate towards?
Good question... When I got accepted they sent out a list of housing near by... this list was not exhaustive by any means. I found an apartment that was not on the list. After people started getting accepted someone formed a facebook group and people started pairing up as roommates. But as far a on specific location everyone pretty much just went where ever, no one single place.
 
Wellp looks like it's not happening this week and I'll have to wait until Monday to hear back from San Marcos -_-


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received my invitation for San Marcos! I think there was an error because my email says for the fall 2016 class. I'm sort of confused.
 
Got an interview at San Marcos!! See you guys on the 5th!!
I also received fall 2016 but they sent an edit email saying spring 2017!!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Good question... When I got accepted they sent out a list of housing near by... this list was not exhaustive by any means. I found an apartment that was not on the list. After people started getting accepted someone formed a facebook group and people started pairing up as roommates. But as far a on specific location everyone pretty much just went where ever, no one single place.
ok thank you!
and congrats to everyone else also!
 
Anyone aware of the new curriculum thats taking effect in the Spring? Like whats new about it verses the current version. Ive heard multiple things from current students but have still yet been able to get an answer either by email or phone with the school admissions. Some of the changes are kinda worrisome in my opinion and wish they would lets us know sooner rather than later.

Ive heard adding another trimester to squeeze in another internship to keep accreditation. However they would potentially be removing some of the manual therapy elective classes to make room for this. As well as I've heard they are wanting to move more towards more online classes verses in room style setting which really scares me because i want to be involved and interactive. On top of these changes the added cost of another trimester worth of tuition and living expenses is something that is leaving me scratching my head considering how expensive the school already is. Curious as to what you guys think.
My friend who just graduated from USA Austin gave me a heads up about this. The information was exactly what you said
 
Hey everyone! I'm in the process of applying for the summer class and my LOR was wondering if she needs to write a letter for me in addition to completing the reference form or if she just completes the reference form? Thanks in advance!
 
Hey everyone! I'm in the process of applying for the summer class and my LOR was wondering if she needs to write a letter for me in addition to completing the reference form or if she just completes the reference form? Thanks in advance!
Just the reference form for USA
 
Just curious for those that got an interview and responded to the email to confirm their attendance,

Did you get an email back confirming they received the email?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cGPA:3.66
pGPA:3.67
GRE: 310/4.5
300+ hours inpatient/outpatient

Got my interview date last week for Marcos @11 on the 5th Aug.

Pretty pumped for it, but I've been told to dress like a businessman (shirt garters and all).

I've been hearing from some currents as well as on SDN that the curriculum is changing towards online learning and that another trimester is being added. USA is a high pick for me because of its 7 trimesters. Adding another and or adding tuition cost will make me have some dubious thoughts about the program.

Does anyone have any more inside information on this?
Thanks in advance.
 
cGPA:3.66
pGPA:3.67
GRE: 310/4.5
300+ hours inpatient/outpatient

Got my interview date last week for Marcos @11 on the 5th Aug.

Pretty pumped for it, but I've been told to dress like a businessman (shirt garters and all).

I've been hearing from some currents as well as on SDN that the curriculum is changing towards online learning and that another trimester is being added. USA is a high pick for me because of its 7 trimesters. Adding another and or adding tuition cost will make me have some dubious thoughts about the program.

Does anyone have any more inside information on this?
Thanks in advance.


The online component scares me. That's a big negative for me when looking at a school. Online courses creates a lot of isolation and honestly, I'm not a big responder to those type of classes.
 
The online component scares me. That's a big negative for me when looking at a school. Online courses creates a lot of isolation and honestly, I'm not a big responder to those type of classes.
Most of the classes are considered "hybrid classes" where you still have lecture and lab but all the assignments and quizzes are done online. I do not think that they will change the regular program to mostly online.. however the flex is mostly online.
 
Also I believe that the last Tri (now 7th) is mostly online but you are out on your last clinic at that time.. so you have double duty. But I am not 100% on that last trimester also not 100% what changes that are making but like I highly doubt they would make more of the curriculum online (besides assignments and quizzes). We just got our schedules for next tri and we are on campus pretty much mon-fri 8-5 :/ But again I'm not 100% on the changes. That would be a great question to ask them at the interview!
 
Has anyone received an interview for the St. Augustine, FL campus yet?
the first few people to receive invitations for the interview were for the st. augustine FL campus!

anyone know if theres a second interview session? theres not many of us on this forum either..maybe it'll be a small cohort?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an invite to interview at San Marcos (for August 5th) about a week ago, and I sent an e-mail later that day to confirm. At this point, I haven't received a confirmation from their end yet. Anyone else in the same boat?
 
I received an invite to interview at San Marcos (for August 5th) about a week ago, and I sent an e-mail later that day to confirm. At this point, I haven't received a confirmation from their end yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

I haven't received a confirmation back either so I sent a follow up email to reconfirm just Incase something happened haha


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Just spoke to Jennifer Finn on the phone. She will be sending the confirmation emails either today or tomorrow. She said there are over 100 people to be interviewed at San Marcos!
 
Just spoke to Jennifer Finn on the phone. She will be sending the confirmation emails either today or tomorrow. She said there are over 100 people to be interviewed at San Marcos!


Did she say how many people they re accepting, darn I was hoping it was less people than that haha


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Did she say how many people they re accepting, darn I was hoping it was less people than that haha


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No I didn't ask. I wonder how many will be interviewing for the flex and the full time DPT programs. Also I believe some of them will be interviewing for MOT program as well.
 
No I didn't ask. I wonder how many will be interviewing for the flex and the full time DPT programs. Also I believe some of them will be interviewing for MOT program as well.

Oh all on the same day? That'd be reassuring if that's the case! Haha


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Just spoke to Jennifer Finn on the phone. She will be sending the confirmation emails either today or tomorrow. She said there are over 100 people to be interviewed at San Marcos!
wow thats so many people! I was hoping there'd only be like 50 people to better our chances lol...hoping austin is a smaller group 😉
 
On one of their recent webinars, they said they were planning on accepting 65 starting either this spring or this summer. So hopefully it'll be this spring!
 
did anyone register for the info session on Aug 4 in Austin? the only options I can register for are MOT and the Flex DPT. nothing about the full time DPT program. does anyone else have this problem?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They can admit up to 65 PT and 30 OT for each campus. I believe 15 addition spots for the Flex (but not 100% on that).