-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of St. Augustine Spring 2017
Started by cg11092
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
the reference form and observation form is on your application page, where you upload your supporting documents.Hey guys
Can you help me with finding online reference form and observation verification form?
I tried to look through the site and application but could not locate both of them.
Thanks!
it's a form you fill out with your reference/employer's name, position, number, and email address.
it should say "request form" or something similar. click that, and It'll lead you to it
the reference form and observation form is on your application page, where you upload your supporting documents.
it's a form you fill out with your reference/employer's name, position, number, and email address.
it should say "request form" or something similar. click that, and It'll lead you to it
I only see resume, statement of purpose, and unofficial transcripts from the admission documents page. Do I need to have my GRE and all of the transcripts submitted before I can request them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no, you shouldn't. I had the references and observations in before my GRE and transcriptsI only see resume, statement of purpose, and unofficial transcripts from the admission documents page. Do I need to have my GRE and all of the transcripts submitted before I can request them?
I was told that a week after the interview, the admissions committee will get back together and decide whether or not we get in.Hi all!
I'm also interviewing on August 5th.
Does anyone know if your application stats matter for getting accepted, or do they only matter for getting the interview, and only the interview itself is what matters if you get the acceptance offer post-interview?
I'm hoping my stats will help me, because I'm not a great interviewer.
Stats:
Overall GPA: 2.8
Pereq GPA: 3.7
GRE 323, 5.0
Hours: 300~, two outpatient locations and one inpatient
Hi all!
I'm also interviewing on August 5th.
Does anyone know if your application stats matter for getting accepted, or do they only matter for getting the interview, and only the interview itself is what matters if you get the acceptance offer post-interview?
I'm hoping my stats will help me, because I'm not a great interviewer.
Stats:
Overall GPA: 2.8
Pereq GPA: 3.7
GRE 323, 5.0
Hours: 300~, two outpatient locations and one inpatient
Which campus did you apply too?
Which campus did you apply too?
The Austin campus.
lol I love your thinking!!!I heard that they were planning to start accepting 65 per cohort. Maybe only 65 applied to each campus 😏
all my stuff is still under review, do not give up hope. They are doing two rounds of interviewsI didn't get a interview for the austin campus.. anyone else in the same boat as me? I am so nervous
hey any news? You and I have similar statsI'm getting nervous and was wondering if my stats are good enough to get accepted. Got a 3.3 Overall GPA, 3.3-3.4 Prerequisite GPA, 3.5-3.6 last 45 a 293 GRE score which I think could hurt me. Also I have 100 hours of observation in two different settings and I have been a personal trainer for over a year now. Crazy nervous right now.
What is the date for the second round of interviews?
What is the date for the second round of interviews?
I am not sure, my advisor just told me about it when I told her I was re-taking my GRE after deadline
Good luck tomorrow guys! I know it is nerve racking but remember to be yourself and breath. ☺ You got this!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Twinkz Do you know if there are going to be a second date for interviews?
@Twinkz Do you know if there are going to be a second date for interviews?
they said they were planning on doing 1 or 2 more interview sessions
I did a quick count when it was just the DPTs and came up with 60, give or take a fewFor those who went to the interview about how many people were interviewed for DPT? Thanks
edit: this was in Austin
Last edited:
For those who went to the interview about how many people were interviewed for DPT? Thanks
In San Marcos it was more like 90 DPTs
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I did a quick count when it was just the DPTs and came up with 60, give or take a few
edit: this was in Austin
60 at the st. Augustine interview? Do you know how many spots are being filled?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
it was austin, and they said they'd take up to 65, if I remember correctly60 at the st. Augustine interview? Do you know how many spots are being filled?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Really? I thought it was around 80 at most. The rest were 30 for MOT. I do not think San Marcos is doing another round.
Really? I thought it was around 80 at most. The rest were 30 for MOT. I do not think San Marcos is doing another round.
Might have been I counted 18 tables with 7 peeps at each minus the 30 MOT was around 90 but not an exact count haha. But still 65 out of 80 or 90 is still pretty good odds
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
yeah I guess so, they interviewed us all at the same time. the flex program is only 2 years old, so to me it just seemed like the administration was trying to push it more than anythng. I only met one person who was interested in the flex program, though.The 60 or so at the Austin interview also included people applying for the flex program, right? Anyone know if its possible to be considered for both the flex and full-time DPT programs?
I also doubt that they'd let students apply for the flex and full time programs simultaneously, since they don't let anyone apply for more than one campus at a time.
I'm curious to know if they will be having another interview session (Austin). I feel like if they were going to, they would have invited more DPT students. It seems like there were more interviewers for some of the other locations, which makes me question why the Austin location had ~60 DPT students if you exclude the OT students and flex DPT students. I know one of the professors stated there would probably be 2-3 more interviews, but I found it a little odd.
I'm curious to know if they will be having another interview session (Austin). I feel like if they were going to, they would have invited more DPT students. It seems like there were more interviewers for some of the other locations, which makes me question why the Austin location had ~60 DPT students if you exclude the OT students and flex DPT students. I know one of the professors stated there would probably be 2-3 more interviews, but I found it a little odd.
Someone sitting at the table that I was at asked the admissions lady if they were doing a 2nd round of interviews and when they would be held. She said that in the case that all the spots are filled up in the first round of interviews they would not have a second round and roll over the other applicant's to the following term. But if there was going to be a 2nd round then it would be held in September.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, that's pretty much what Jimmy Campos, the admissions specialist told me. it seems to me that they'd have another session if they want to take 65 students, cuz there weren't quite that many in the interview groupSomeone sitting at the table that I was at asked the admissions lady if they were doing a 2nd round of interviews and when they would be held. She said that in the case that all the spots are filled up in the first round of interviews they would not have a second round and roll over the other applicant's to the following term. But if there was going to be a 2nd round then it would be held in September.
yeah, that's pretty much what Jimmy Campos, the admissions specialist told me. it seems to me that they'd have another session if they want to take 65 students, cuz there weren't quite that many in the interview group
You really think there were less than 65 DPT students there?
after they pulled the OT students out of the main room, I counted twice and got 62You really think there were less than 65 DPT students there?
Seems about right.after they pulled the OT students out of the main room, I counted twice and got 62
Do you think there are good chances that they'll take everyone from our interview? I thought maybe they'd fill half or 45 or so from our interview and leave some open for the next interview to give them spots too...that'd be great if everyone that interviewed was accepted!yeah, that's pretty much what Jimmy Campos, the admissions specialist told me. it seems to me that they'd have another session if they want to take 65 students, cuz there weren't quite that many in the interview group
honestly, I don't know. I'm hoping so.Do you think there are good chances that they'll take everyone from our interview? I thought maybe they'd fill half or 45 or so from our interview and leave some open for the next interview to give them spots too...that'd be great if everyone that interviewed was accepted!
but realistically, they're probably gonna do another round. even if they do accept everyone who interviewed on friday, they'll have most of the class filled up, but no one on the waitlist.
I assume that they'd like to have at least 20 to 30 on the waitlist, if not more, in case some people who were accepted decide not to enroll in January.
honestly, I don't know. I'm hoping so.
but realistically, they're probably gonna do another round. even if they do accept everyone who interviewed on friday, they'll have most of the class filled up, but no one on the waitlist.
I assume that they'd like to have at least 20 to 30 on the waitlist, if not more, in case some people who were accepted decide not to enroll in January.
They may have also put a few students from the previous term that were on the wait-list and moved them to the spring 2017 and provided them a seat. No idea, just a guess. If there is a second group of interviews, I wonder when they would set it up.
that's a very good point, I forgot about people on the waitlist for the last cohort.They may have also put a few students from the previous term that were on the wait-list and moved them to the spring 2017 and provided them a seat. No idea, just a guess. If there is a second group of interviews, I wonder when they would set it up.
They may have also put a few students from the previous term that were on the wait-list and moved them to the spring 2017 and provided them a seat. No idea, just a guess. If there is a second group of interviews, I wonder when they would set it up.
second round of interviews would be in September according the the woman admissions specialist.
How was the interview at the St. Augustine campus?
is anyone updating their application? I know at the interview session, Jimmy said that you should update your application with new transcripts as you complete prereqs. I was wondering if we should update our hours too? Ive racked up at least 50 more hours as a tech. But i don't know if its necessary to update that for the admissions committee...wondering if it makes that big of a difference lol
is anyone updating their application? I know at the interview session, Jimmy said that you should update your application with new transcripts as you complete prereqs. I was wondering if we should update our hours too? Ive racked up at least 50 more hours as a tech. But i don't know if its necessary to update that for the admissions committee...wondering if it makes that big of a difference lol
At this point a doubt it would make a difference. They have a snap shot of you as an applicant and I doubt some hours will make the difference. But. Should you contact them... Let us know!
Has anyone heard back about 2nd round interviews yet?
Has anyone heard back about 2nd round interviews yet?
Applicants will probably not hear about them until they start accepting/rejecting the first round of applicants.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How was the interview at the St. Augustine campus?
2 applicants per 1 professor - not sure if that's how it was done at the other campuses?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
2 applicants per 1 professor - not sure if that's how it was done at the other campuses?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same from the Austin campus. 2-3 per group although some applicants interviewed alone.
It makes me nervous that only one professor was interviewing.. Makes it riskier that you didn't mesh well or they did not take to you as someone else may have
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
i agree 100%It makes me nervous that only one professor was interviewing.. Makes it riskier that you didn't mesh well or they did not take to you as someone else may have
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
i agree 100%
It has only been 4 days and my anxiety is through the roof lol. These next few weeks will be insane.