University of St. Augustine Spring 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received a decision email today that stated i was accepted for the Spring cohort (January). Praise the lord! So i will say keep a eye out and check your email, God willing you receive good news as well! And good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
I received a decision email today that stated i was accepted for the Spring cohort (January). Praise the lord! So i will say keep a eye out and check your email, God willing you receive good news as well! And good luck to everyone!
that's awesome! congratulations, so happy for you !! I can't imagine the relief after all the waiting hahah :)

hoping the austin campus lets out their decision this week instead of next ;)

Reactions: 1 user
that's awesome! congratulations, so happy for you !! I can't imagine the relief after all the waiting hahah :)

hoping the austin campus lets out their decision this week instead of next ;)
yeah, I hope so too. could really use some good news right about now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will also add this as encouragement! I have spent over two years applying to PT school and I can't even begin to tell you how many rejection and people telling to choose another profession ive received. And im sure the "Stats" question is going to come up. I will tell you this.... My cum coming out of undergrad was a 2.75. I had to take 12 extra class after I graduated just to bring my cum GPA to a 3.0 (because i had over 160 total credits). One thing i will say St Augustine is good at is looking at the whole person. I volunteered, went to the writing center God knows how many times for my essays, Found a rehab tech job to gain more experience, made close friends with as many pt's as i can for great recommendations. I did everything I could to supplement my gpa (except take retake the GRE, i absolutely hate that dreadful test....293). But the point im gettin at is keep pushing, and trust i know its hard i been beyond stressed the past few months!

Reactions: 1 users
I will also add this as encouragement! I have spent over two years applying to PT school and I can't even begin to tell you how many rejection and people telling to choose another profession ive received. And im sure the "Stats" question is going to come up. I will tell you this.... My cum coming out of undergrad was a 2.75. I had to take 12 extra class after I graduated just to bring my cum GPA to a 3.0 (because i had over 160 total credits). One thing i will say St Augustine is good at is looking at the whole person. I volunteered, went to the writing center God knows how many times for my essays, Found a rehab tech job to gain more experience, made close friends with as many pt's as i can for great recommendations. I did everything I could to supplement my gpa (except take retake the GRE, i absolutely hate that dreadful test....293). But the point im gettin at is keep pushing, and trust i know its hard i been beyond stressed the past few months!
Congrats!!! I can imagine that it is a huge weight off your shoulders!!!! Going back to school after graduation to do pre reqs takes some dedication. You definitely deserve it! Best of Luck!

Congratulations! Good luck to you in January. Glad that after sticking it out this long you finally get your chance!

Congrats! When was your Miami interview?

Has anyone heard back for a second round of interviews for San Marcos Campus?

I didn't hear her mention a 2nd round. Where did you hear this?
Hello everybody
There will be sometimes up to 3 interview for "San Marcos" campus. The second interview is September 16

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everybody
There will be sometimes up to 3 interview for "San Marcos" campus. The second interview is September 16

So if we already attended a previous interview, they would contact us back for another interview?

So if we already attended a previous interview, they would contact us back for another interview?
No, there is 60 spot availble. There will interview about 150 students depend on applicants and school sycle. If you had the interview on the 5th, as you saw there were about 60 to 70 students there for the interview. So they keep interview applicant until the class is full

No. If you've already interviewed then you don't have to interview again. The 2nd interview is all new applicants. Kind of nerve wrecking i know. Good Luck!

No, there is 60 spot availble. There will interview about 150 students depend on applicants and school sycle. If you had the interview on the 5th, as you saw there were about 60 to 70 students there for the interview. So they keep interview applicant until the class is full
Okay cool, thank you for clarifying.

All this talk about multiple rounds of interviews...does anyone know how often they hold a second or third round of interviews? I would guess two rounds should be enough in the majority of cases, and sometimes one round is sufficient?

All this talk about multiple rounds of interviews...does anyone know how often they hold a second or third round of interviews? I would guess two rounds should be enough in the majority of cases, and sometimes one round is sufficient?
Always, i asked this question specifically from "Carolyn" the adviser. And it will make sense, if there is 60 spot availble and first interview were about 70 people attended, there should be a second interview. What is the point of interview if they want to pick 60 students out of 70?!

Always, i asked this question specifically from "Carolyn" the adviser. And it will make sense, if there is 60 spot availble and first interview were about 70 people attended, there should be a second interview. What is the point of interview if they want to pick 60 students out of 70?!
I've always wondered that. Why is there more than one interview? And how do they distinguish who will be in the first interview and who will be in the 2nd? I was in the first interview for the fall 2016 and got waitlisted in March ,someone who was in the second interview was accepted in the interview that came after I received my letter in late March. Which means there was no way I could be in competition with the students who were in the 2nd interview Bc i was waitlisted before their interview. I also wonder how the waitlist people are selected when they put together a new cohort.

I know! I want to call and see if there's any chance decisions come out tomorrow...but I feel like they'll just think I'm crazy :laugh:
Im pretty sure they've dealt with some pretty crazy people. Its usually on Fridays when they send emails. My invitation to the interview and my waitlist letter were both on fridays.

Is anyone's material still unopened like letter of recs, statement of purpose?? -_-

Is anyone's material still unopened like letter of recs, statement of purpose?? -_-
How do u tell if it's opened or not? I only have submitted and accepted next to my documents

Has anyone heard back from St. Augustine Campus who had interviews on the 5th?!

I don't think anyone from any campus has heard anything :bang:

Has anyone heard back from St. Augustine Campus who had interviews on the 5th?!
Still waiting :-(
My friend made a funny comparison the other day when he saw me checking my email every other hour...he said something along the lines of..."man, it's like waiting to get your results back from an STD test"...lol, I was just like "yeah, it feels about the same"

How many people received the second interview invitation for san marcos campus so far?

Hey all, first time poster in this forum. I am a current PTA with a previous BS, I was just invited to USA, Florida Campus for an interview on 9/24/16 for the Flex DPT Fall 2017 Class.

Admittedly, I have not read through the previous pages so I'm sorry if my questions are repeated.

- Does anyone know how many students are empirically accepted into the Flex DPT?
- As the program is 50/50% online/every other weekend ( as I understand it), does USA stagger separate groups each weekend?
- How long did you have to wait to receive an answer from USA post interview? Are there multiple interviews?
- How quickly, and in what amount does USA require deposit towards tuition, if accepted?
- For those who are already in the "know", what were some questions to anticipate during the interview, aside from the typical material that can be found online?
- Any tips/pointers?

Stats are -
BSBA concentration in Marketing
Undergrad GPA is pretty dismal for personal reasons which are addressed in my statement of purpose.
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8, Trending GPA, 3.65, GRE: 302
PTA GPA: 3.7.
Licensed PTA with over 4 years of full time experience. APTA Certified Clinical Instructor ; advising four students throughout appx 1280 hours & Interim Program Director at a Skilled Nursing Facility.

Hope to meet/greet with you all if you are attending the Sept. Interview!

Hey all, first time poster in this forum. I am a current PTA with a previous BS, I was just invited to USA, Florida Campus for an interview on 9/24/16 for the Flex DPT Fall 2017 Class.

Admittedly, I have not read through the previous pages so I'm sorry if my questions are repeated.

- Does anyone know how many students are empirically accepted into the Flex DPT?
- As the program is 50/50% online/every other weekend ( as I understand it), does USA stagger separate groups each weekend?
- How long did you have to wait to receive an answer from USA post interview? Are there multiple interviews?
- How quickly, and in what amount does USA require deposit towards tuition, if accepted?
- For those who are already in the "know", what were some questions to anticipate during the interview, aside from the typical material that can be found online?
- Any tips/pointers?

Stats are -
Undergrad GPA is pretty dismal for personal reasons which are addressed in my statement of purpose.
Licensed PTA with over 4 years of full time experience. APTA Certified Clinical Instructor ; advising four students throughout appx 1280 hours & Interim Program Director at a Skilled Nursing Facility.

-At the interview at the Austin location (spring 2017), they stated they were taking 10-15 applicants for the Flex program if I can remember correctly. Please correct me if I am wrong
-USA stated they would start to notify applicants 3 weeks after the interview but it may take longer.
-I believe you have up to 30 days (might be 20) for the deposit
-The interview was pretty laid back. You will most likely be with another applicant or two, as it is a group interview. The questions are pretty basic. 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. What does professionalism mean to you? 3. What kind of study habits will you use? etc. There may be a situational question thrown in there as well. Overall, the interview went by pretty quick wasn't bad at all. You'll do great, especially with your background.

- Any tips/pointers?

Stats are -

1) they said 10-15 are accepted to the FLEX program, if I remember correctly
2) all FLEX cohorts are on campus the same weekends for labs
3) our interviews for the Spring cohort were on Aug 5, haven't heard back yet. should hopefully hear back by next friday. only one interview.
4) once accepted, a $500 deposit is required to hold your spot in the class. Tuition and fees are due on the first day of class. most people take out loans, and they'll work with you on that. They'll make sure they get paid one way or another.
5) I was given a scenario that I interpreted to be a blatant way to ask if I'd cheat on a project I forgot to do. Other questions about conflict resolution based on your work experience, what you think makes a good practitioner, etc.

also, another thing to keep in mind. Your interviewer doesn't know who you are. they haven't looked at your application at all before the interview. really important to show your personally in the interview instead of letting your numbers speak for themselves.

3) our interviews for the Spring cohort were on Aug 5, haven't heard back yet. should hopefully hear back by next friday. only one interview.
4) once accepted, a $500 deposit is required to hold your spot in the class. Tuition and fees are due on the first day of class. most people take out loans, and they'll work with you on that. They'll make sure they get paid one way or another.
5) I was given a scenario that I interpreted to be a blatant way to ask if I'd cheat on a project I forgot to do. Other questions about conflict resolution based on your work experience, what you think makes a good practitioner, etc.
So there is only one interview for Austin for sure?

Positive about there being only one interview for the Austin location?

Someone already beat me to it.

as far as I know, there was just the one.

They said they'd do one or two more, but I have no idea if they are.
I feel like they would have sent invitations out by now in regards to the Austin location. People on here are saying they have interviews at some other locations, but I have not seen one for Austin.

Positive about there being only one interview for the Austin location?

Someone already beat me to it.
Sorry, I worded it poorly. I'll rephrase:

For our interview session, we were only interviewed one time. Two applicants and one administrator.

I don't know if there will be more interview sessions. But each applicant is only interviewed once.

I hope that's a bit clearer

I feel like they would have sent invitations out by now in regards to the Austin location. People on here are saying they have interviews at some other locations, but I have not seen one for Austin.
I've noticed that on here too. Haven't seen anyone saying they've been invited to the 2nd interview. Did yall say there were 60 at your interview and they plan to accept 65?

Sorry, I worded it poorly. I'll rephrase:

For our interview session, we were only interviewed one time. Two applicants and one administrator.

I don't know if there will be more interview sessions. But each applicant is only interviewed once.

I hope that's a bit clearer

I was told by a current student that once you get an invitation, you are pretty much in. I've followed this site for quite some time and I'm not too sure if I believe that. He also said that as far as he knows, there was only one interview for his cohort. This was for the Austin location.

I've noticed that on here too. Haven't seen anyone saying they've been invited to the 2nd interview. Did yall say there were 60 at your interview and they plan to accept 65?
When I was there, I did a quick count after they pulled the MOT applicants out and came up with 62 DPT appplicants.

they said they expect to take 60 to 65.

Now, this is purely mere speculation, but I think that they'll end up taking the ones they want from the interview session, then fill in the rest with the waitlist from the Fall cohort.

-At the interview at the Austin location (spring 2017), they stated they were taking 10-15 applicants for the Flex program if I can remember correctly. Please correct me if I am wrong
-USA stated they would start to notify applicants 3 weeks after the interview but it may take longer.
-I believe you have up to 30 days (might be 20) for the deposit
-The interview was pretty laid back. You will most likely be with another applicant or two, as it is a group interview. The questions are pretty basic. 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. What does professionalism mean to you? 3. What kind of study habits will you use? etc. There may be a situational question thrown in there as well. Overall, the interview went by pretty quick wasn't bad at all. You'll do great, especially with your background.
Thank you for the input!

also, another thing to keep in mind. Your interviewer doesn't know who you are. they haven't looked at your application at all before the interview. really important to show your personally in the interview instead of letting your numbers speak for themselves.
Good point, thank you for your input!

When I was there, I did a quick count after they pulled the MOT applicants out and came up with 62 DPT appplicants.

they said they expect to take 60 to 65.

Now, this is purely mere speculation, but I think that they'll end up taking the ones they want from the interview session, then fill in the rest with the waitlist from the Fall cohort.
That is what I was thinking as well.