-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of St. Augustine Spring 2018
Started by CareerSwitcheroo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I haven't heard anything either. Their Twitter account says that the StAugustine campus is open until further notice. I'll be driving down from Virginia and it makes me really nervous trying to get back after interviews.So hurricane Irma is heading straight towards Florida this weekend.. Have anyone heard anything from the school regarding interviews this Friday?
I haven't heard anything either. Their Twitter account says that the StAugustine campus is open until further notice. I'll be driving down from Virginia and it makes me really nervous trying to get back after interviews.
Good luck! Try calling them. For Miami, does anyone know if sep 29 is the first interview round and how long after we should hear?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email from St. Augustine Sept 8th interviews are cancelled. 🙁
Same. They moved it to October 20th. Which is so far out..
Gawd, they couldn't decide on anything sooner? That sucks. Also, I wonder if this will impact summer 2018 applications at all.
I hope not we should be expecting ours around November time.Gawd, they couldn't decide on anything sooner? That sucks. Also, I wonder if this will impact summer 2018 applications at all.
Interview for San Marcos September 22! Any helpful information or tips are greatly appreciated!!
Hello! May I ask you how the interview went?Received invite for San Marcos for September 8th!
Hello! May I ask you how the interview went?
I interviewed at San Marcos on Sept. 8th and overall it was a very laid back process! I interviewed with two other candidates and it felt more like a conversation than an interview which made me feel much more relaxed. Good luck!
May I ask what questions they asked you guys? Trying to gauge if they like to reuse questions...I interviewed at San Marcos on Sept. 8th and overall it was a very laid back process! I interviewed with two other candidates and it felt more like a conversation than an interview which made me feel much more relaxed. Good luck!
Congrats on the interview! About how many dpt applicants were there?I interviewed at San Marcos on Sept. 8th and overall it was a very laid back process! I interviewed with two other candidates and it felt more like a conversation than an interview which made me feel much more relaxed. Good luck!
I was at the interview at the Austin campus on Sept. 8. Does anyone know if there will be another interview to assess more applicants? I counted about 70 applicants at the interview last Friday. So if they take around 65 then that means that most of us will probably get in...
I was at the interview at the Austin campus on Sept. 8. Does anyone know if there will be another interview to assess more applicants? I counted about 70 applicants at the interview last Friday. So if they take around 65 then that means that most of us will probably get in...
I was at the Sept 8th interviews in San Marcos as well. But I'm for OTD. I think it was good mix of OT and PT candidate's. Overall, I felt the interview was very casual and relaxed. The questions varied depending on the interviewer, from what I gathered from talking to others. I was in a group of 2 OTD students, myself and one other. But I know of one other group that was mixed OT and PT students. My interviewer didn't ask us many questions from her list. She asked us more personality trait questions. Like Why OT? What's the difference between OT and PT? Simple things like that. Hope this info helps a little bit.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there! I have a friend who is a DPT student at Austin and she said there was another round today that looked like about 30 applicants.I was at the interview at the Austin campus on Sept. 8. Does anyone know if there will be another interview to assess more applicants? I counted about 70 applicants at the interview last Friday. So if they take around 65 then that means that most of us will probably get in...
May I ask what questions they asked you guys? Trying to gauge if they like to reuse questions...
From what I can remember:
Why University of St. Augustine? How do you handle stress and how will you handle an advanced course load? What will you bring to this program and what do you expect to gain from your fellow students?
I wasn't asked these questions but I they might pop up: Define integrity and tell me a time you demonstrated it/or when your integrity was questioned. Scenarios: How would you persuade someone? If you or a student you knew were given a test cheat sheet what would you do? Etc.
Hello,
I was also at the Austin campus on Sept 8th for the interview. Like what has already been said, that date had about 70 DPT candidates. I heard there are about 2 or 3 different interview dates so our group was only a handful of the potential student body.
I was in a group of 4 candidates, including myself, during the interview.
Some questions they asked us:
I was also at the Austin campus on Sept 8th for the interview. Like what has already been said, that date had about 70 DPT candidates. I heard there are about 2 or 3 different interview dates so our group was only a handful of the potential student body.
I was in a group of 4 candidates, including myself, during the interview.
Some questions they asked us:
- Tell me about yourself (left it open for us to say anything)
- Tell me about your experiences in PT
- How do you deal with stress?
- What would you do if are unable to meet an individual assignment deadline? With the fellow group members, you would be able to break down the assignment into parts to complete the assignment. (Assuming they are testing your academic honesty and integrity)
Did they say when you'll hear back by?Hello,
I was also at the Austin campus on Sept 8th for the interview. Like what has already been said, that date had about 70 DPT candidates. I heard there are about 2 or 3 different interview dates so our group was only a handful of the potential student body.
I was in a group of 4 candidates, including myself, during the interview.
Some questions they asked us:
- Tell me about yourself (left it open for us to say anything)
- Tell me about your experiences in PT
- How do you deal with stress?
- What would you do if are unable to meet an individual assignment deadline? With the fellow group members, you would be able to break down the assignment into parts to complete the assignment. (Assuming they are testing your academic honesty and integrity)
Were you able to get a read on about how many Flex candidates there were?Hello,
I was also at the Austin campus on Sept 8th for the interview. Like what has already been said, that date had about 70 DPT candidates. I heard there are about 2 or 3 different interview dates so our group was only a handful of the potential student body.
I was in a group of 4 candidates, including myself, during the interview.
Some questions they asked us:
- Tell me about yourself (left it open for us to say anything)
- Tell me about your experiences in PT
- How do you deal with stress?
- What would you do if are unable to meet an individual assignment deadline? With the fellow group members, you would be able to break down the assignment into parts to complete the assignment. (Assuming they are testing your academic honesty and integrity)
Did they say when you'll hear back by?
They told us it will be about 3 weeks. So hopefully by the 29th we should know.
They told us it will be about 3 weeks. So hopefully by the 29th we should know.
Thanks! Miami interviews are at the end of September so it'll be very late to hear back mid October/November.
Same!! Got my email for San Marcos today! Congrats!!!Received my acceptance today for San Marcos!!!
Hello everyone! First off, good luck to all applicants! To all of you who get accepted, congratulations! I'm currently a 3rd termer at USA San Marcos. When you guys are ready to look for a place to live near campus, please let me know as I have a BR for rent in a 3BR apartment. By the time you start Spring 2018, you'd be living with two 4th termers. Please let me know if you guys want details or have any questions.
If you don't mind me askingReceived my acceptance today for San Marcos!!!
congrats that's awesome!! If you don't mind me asking what were your stats?Received my acceptance today for San Marcos!!!
If you don't mind me asking
congrats that's awesome!! If you don't mind me asking what were your stats?
Undergrad GPA: 3.01
pGPA: 3.8
Last 60: 3.4
GRE: 310 3.5
4,000+ hours in mainly acute hospital, ARU, and outpatient peds, homehealth, and adult day care
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got accepted to San Marcos as well!Same!! Got my email for San Marcos today! Congrats!!!
Congrats everyone! I received my acceptance too. Do you know if a Facebook page for Spring 2018 cohort has been created yet?
Not that I have seen!Congrats everyone! I received my acceptance too. Do you know if a Facebook page for Spring 2018 cohort has been created yet?
Ayo!! I know exactly who this is now, hahaha congrats, man! We were hanging out before the interview! See you in January!!Undergrad GPA: 3.01
pGPA: 3.8
Last 60: 3.4
GRE: 310 3.5
4,000+ hours in mainly acute hospital, ARU, and outpatient peds, home health, and adult day care
Ayo!! I know exactly who this is now, hahaha congrats, man! We were hanging out before the interview! See you in January!!
Haha awesome! Glad that we both were accepted!
Just received acceptance email for Austin!!!
I just received mine as well! Can't wait to see everyone there!
I just received mine as well! Can't wait to see everyone there!
My interview is tomorrow at St Augustine. Do you have any tips and advice?
I got my acceptance email too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats everyone. I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm assuming I'm either waitlisted or denied. Hopefully I'll find out soon!
I haven't heard back either yet. I wish they would have just sent out all of the emails on the same day. Hopefully, they just had a lot of candidates to reply to individually!