University of St. Augustine Spring 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So hurricane Irma is heading straight towards Florida this weekend.. Have anyone heard anything from the school regarding interviews this Friday?
 
So hurricane Irma is heading straight towards Florida this weekend.. Have anyone heard anything from the school regarding interviews this Friday?
I haven't heard anything either. Their Twitter account says that the StAugustine campus is open until further notice. I'll be driving down from Virginia and it makes me really nervous trying to get back after interviews.
 
I haven't heard anything either. Their Twitter account says that the StAugustine campus is open until further notice. I'll be driving down from Virginia and it makes me really nervous trying to get back after interviews.

Good luck! Try calling them. For Miami, does anyone know if sep 29 is the first interview round and how long after we should hear?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They sent out another email about the interviews. They gave me three dates to choose from, September 22nd, October 20th, or November 17th.

Whoever is going September 22nd, I'll see you there!!
 
Hello! May I ask you how the interview went?

I interviewed at San Marcos on Sept. 8th and overall it was a very laid back process! I interviewed with two other candidates and it felt more like a conversation than an interview which made me feel much more relaxed. Good luck!
 
I interviewed at San Marcos on Sept. 8th and overall it was a very laid back process! I interviewed with two other candidates and it felt more like a conversation than an interview which made me feel much more relaxed. Good luck!
May I ask what questions they asked you guys? Trying to gauge if they like to reuse questions...
 
I interviewed at San Marcos on Sept. 8th and overall it was a very laid back process! I interviewed with two other candidates and it felt more like a conversation than an interview which made me feel much more relaxed. Good luck!
Congrats on the interview! About how many dpt applicants were there?
 
I was at the interview at the Austin campus on Sept. 8. Does anyone know if there will be another interview to assess more applicants? I counted about 70 applicants at the interview last Friday. So if they take around 65 then that means that most of us will probably get in...
 
I was at the interview at the Austin campus on Sept. 8. Does anyone know if there will be another interview to assess more applicants? I counted about 70 applicants at the interview last Friday. So if they take around 65 then that means that most of us will probably get in...

I was at the Sept 8th interviews in San Marcos as well. But I'm for OTD. I think it was good mix of OT and PT candidate's. Overall, I felt the interview was very casual and relaxed. The questions varied depending on the interviewer, from what I gathered from talking to others. I was in a group of 2 OTD students, myself and one other. But I know of one other group that was mixed OT and PT students. My interviewer didn't ask us many questions from her list. She asked us more personality trait questions. Like Why OT? What's the difference between OT and PT? Simple things like that. Hope this info helps a little bit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was at the interview at the Austin campus on Sept. 8. Does anyone know if there will be another interview to assess more applicants? I counted about 70 applicants at the interview last Friday. So if they take around 65 then that means that most of us will probably get in...
Hi there! I have a friend who is a DPT student at Austin and she said there was another round today that looked like about 30 applicants.
 
May I ask what questions they asked you guys? Trying to gauge if they like to reuse questions...

From what I can remember:
Why University of St. Augustine? How do you handle stress and how will you handle an advanced course load? What will you bring to this program and what do you expect to gain from your fellow students?

I wasn't asked these questions but I they might pop up: Define integrity and tell me a time you demonstrated it/or when your integrity was questioned. Scenarios: How would you persuade someone? If you or a student you knew were given a test cheat sheet what would you do? Etc.
 
Hello,
I was also at the Austin campus on Sept 8th for the interview. Like what has already been said, that date had about 70 DPT candidates. I heard there are about 2 or 3 different interview dates so our group was only a handful of the potential student body.
I was in a group of 4 candidates, including myself, during the interview.
Some questions they asked us:
  • Tell me about yourself (left it open for us to say anything)
  • Tell me about your experiences in PT
  • How do you deal with stress?
  • What would you do if are unable to meet an individual assignment deadline? With the fellow group members, you would be able to break down the assignment into parts to complete the assignment. (Assuming they are testing your academic honesty and integrity)
 
Hello,
I was also at the Austin campus on Sept 8th for the interview. Like what has already been said, that date had about 70 DPT candidates. I heard there are about 2 or 3 different interview dates so our group was only a handful of the potential student body.
I was in a group of 4 candidates, including myself, during the interview.
Some questions they asked us:
  • Tell me about yourself (left it open for us to say anything)
  • Tell me about your experiences in PT
  • How do you deal with stress?
  • What would you do if are unable to meet an individual assignment deadline? With the fellow group members, you would be able to break down the assignment into parts to complete the assignment. (Assuming they are testing your academic honesty and integrity)
Did they say when you'll hear back by?
 
Hello,
I was also at the Austin campus on Sept 8th for the interview. Like what has already been said, that date had about 70 DPT candidates. I heard there are about 2 or 3 different interview dates so our group was only a handful of the potential student body.
I was in a group of 4 candidates, including myself, during the interview.
Some questions they asked us:
  • Tell me about yourself (left it open for us to say anything)
  • Tell me about your experiences in PT
  • How do you deal with stress?
  • What would you do if are unable to meet an individual assignment deadline? With the fellow group members, you would be able to break down the assignment into parts to complete the assignment. (Assuming they are testing your academic honesty and integrity)
Were you able to get a read on about how many Flex candidates there were?
 
Hello everyone! First off, good luck to all applicants! To all of you who get accepted, congratulations! I'm currently a 3rd termer at USA San Marcos. When you guys are ready to look for a place to live near campus, please let me know as I have a BR for rent in a 3BR apartment. By the time you start Spring 2018, you'd be living with two 4th termers. Please let me know if you guys want details or have any questions.
 
question for you guys

so is St Augustine really going to process everything through PTCAS in the upcoming semesters?

if so i think i am screwed. i got good grades now but alot of them were retakes
 
hi guys I've been following this forum for a while now but finally decided to make an account. Does anyone know how many interview dates San Marcos is going to have? I applied a little late so I'm worried I won't receive an interview =\
 
If you don't mind me asking

congrats that's awesome!! If you don't mind me asking what were your stats?

Undergrad GPA: 3.01
pGPA: 3.8
Last 60: 3.4
GRE: 310 3.5
4,000+ hours in mainly acute hospital, ARU, and outpatient peds, homehealth, and adult day care
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Undergrad GPA: 3.01
pGPA: 3.8
Last 60: 3.4
GRE: 310 3.5
4,000+ hours in mainly acute hospital, ARU, and outpatient peds, home health, and adult day care
Ayo!! I know exactly who this is now, hahaha congrats, man! We were hanging out before the interview! See you in January!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you'd like to join the Spring 2018 Austin, TX DPT Facebook page, message tech1894 or myself with your name and we will add you!
 
Congrats everyone. I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm assuming I'm either waitlisted or denied. Hopefully I'll find out soon!
 
Congrats everyone. I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm assuming I'm either waitlisted or denied. Hopefully I'll find out soon!

I haven't heard back either yet. I wish they would have just sent out all of the emails on the same day. Hopefully, they just had a lot of candidates to reply to individually!