University of St. Augustine Summer 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What were the questions asked at the interview?
So you might find this hard to believe but I lowkey didn’t get asked any questions all I was asked was “tell me about yourself” the rest of the interview time me and the 2 others that were in the breakout room asked the interviewer a ton of questions about the program

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So you might find this hard to believe but I lowkey didn’t get asked any questions all I was asked was “tell me about yourself” the rest of the interview time me and the 2 others that were in the breakout room asked the interviewer a ton of questions about the program
Thanks, do you remember the questions the others got asked?

Thanks, do you remember the questions the others got asked?
Well since it was an interviewer, me, and 2 other applicants in a breakout room we were all asked the same question of tell me about yourself. After that she opened it up for questions and we just asked a ton of questions till we were out of time so that was literally the only question we got asked. As for people in other breakout rooms I have no clue but honestly don’t stress it. It’s gonna be super basic questions. I’m pretty sure if you get an interview you’re like 95% in lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Well since it was an interviewer, me, and 2 other applicants in a breakout room we were all asked the same question of tell me about yourself. After that she opened it up for questions and we just asked a ton of questions till we were out of time so that was literally the only question we got asked. As for people in other breakout rooms I have no clue but honestly don’t stress it. It’s gonna be super basic questions. I’m pretty sure if you get an interview you’re like 95% in lol
Thanks a lot, this helps. Congrats again!

Still waiting to hear back. Submitted September 15th, had my advisement call and advisor submitted on the 16th. Anyone have any interviews or acceptances recently?

For your resume cover letters, who did you address the letter too and what address did you put on the cover letter? Thanks!

Still waiting to hear back. Submitted September 15th, had my advisement call and advisor submitted on the 16th. Anyone have any interviews or acceptances recently?
I just got my acceptance yesterday to the AUstin Cohort summer 2021!

did you interview? Im still waiting for admissions! I applied for the flex 2021 austin cohort tho
No I didn’t, I just got an email saying I got accepted. I think if you hit all their recommendations and really showcase yourself in your essay, then their would be no need for an interview I think. But dont quote me on that.

No I didn’t, I just got an email saying I got accepted. I think if you hit all their recommendations and really showcase yourself in your essay, then their would be no need for an interview I think. But dont quote me on that.
oh okay! CONGRATS!

My admissions advisor just submitted my application to the Austin campus for the summer cohort on 10/12. How long did it take you guys to hear back once your advisor submitted?

My admissions advisor just submitted my application to the Austin campus for the summer cohort on 10/12. How long did it take you guys to hear back once your advisor submitted?
It was a week after, they got back pretty fast honestly. I am actually really surprised hahaha. Good luck you got this!

I have my call with my admissions advisor the 27! Please keep me updated on when you hear back!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I just wanted to say that I've been accepted to the USA san marco's campus for fall 2021!
I submitted (09/05), received a call (09/09), and got an acceptance today (09/14)!!

Good luck everyone :) let me know if you have any questions about my application process. I'd be happy to help

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Yes!
cgpa: 3.81
Pgpa: 3.6-3.7
GRE: 149V 151Q 4.0W
361 observation hours

lemme know if you want more info :)

Thank you :) How was your interview process like and some questions they asked you? How long did it take you to initially hear back for an interview after submitting your application as well as receiving your acceptance after the interview?

Thank you :) How was your interview process like and some questions they asked you? How long did it take you to initially hear back for an interview after submitting your application as well as receiving your acceptance after the interview?

I didn’t have an interview! I was just sent an acceptance :) I heard back around 4 days after my follow up call

I didn’t have an interview! I was just sent an acceptance :) I heard back around 4 days after my follow up call

How long after submitting your application did you hear back from your academic advisor or your followup call at USA?

When did you submit your application? Do you mind sharing your stats?
I believe these were the dates
Submitted 9/1
Verified 9/3
Application sent forward to admissions 9/15
Interview invite 10/28
Interview scheduled for 11/5

3.4 CGPA
3.5 Pre-reqGPA
150 Verbal/151 Quant 3.5 AW

look at my profile postings and you can find where I posted the rest of my stats if you are interested in hours, LORs, etc

Yeah of course!
cGPA: 3.24
pGPA: 3.78 (Was able to use of my functional anatomy courses as an A instead of a B- for my one physics pre-req)
GRE: 150V 150Q 4.5AW
Hours: 150 Inpatient
LORs: 2PT, 1 Professor

Verified by PTCAS 8/26
Introductory Call: 8/28
Sent to admissions: 9/3
Email to interview: 10/2

UPDATE:
Just received my acceptance to USA Miami today!

Reactions: 1 users
congrats to you as well, do you know if you're attending?

I got wait-listed at my top school, but I’m going to put down my deposit to hold my seat.
I’m leaning towards attending USA if things don’t work out with my top school.
How about you?

Hey everyone! I was wondering how can I get into contact with the Austin location to know the status of my application? I submitted around October 14th or so for the fall term since the deadline was November 2nd. And because I see everyone hearing back I want to see what is happening. Does anybody know?

I got wait-listed at my top school, but I’m going to put down my deposit to hold my seat.
I’m leaning towards attending USA if things don’t work out with my top school.
How about you?
It’s the only program I got accepted to so far, I’m still waiting to hear from the rest. I’m going to pay my deposit as well while I wait.

received an interview today for summer austin campus!

I applied for the OTD Program for Summer 2021 and chose Miami Campus. My advisor said I have a strong application and she is sending my application in for the November 20th interview date. I still haven't heard back and a bit nervous.
My overall GPA: 3.2.
Prereq GPA: 3.9

If someone could give me some details on this, that would be awesome.

I was originally accepted for Fall 2021 at San Marcos back in August, but I didn't want to wait a whole year, so they allowed me to take an open seat in the Summer 2021 class! Does anyone have an idea of when USA will have their immersion day for all of us to meet??

I submitted my application a little while ago and just wanted to post my stats like others have done

Major: Biochemistry
Overall GPA: 3.28
Pre Req GPA: 3.8
Practice GRE: 149 Verbal, 147 Math, 4.0 Writing

Observation Hours: ~1000 hours working as a PT tech

Extra Curriculars: Marching Band, Courtside Players (Pep Band), Medical Service Organization, First Aid Service Team, African Student Organization, American Chemical Society.

Volunteer: Humane Society (200 hours), Relay for Life (15 hours), Ridgecrest Retirement Home (30 hours), Steppin Out (12 hours), Baylor Scott and White @ Hillcrest (40 hours)

Last edited:
Hey guys! I was recently accepted at the San Marcos campus:) Here's the timeline just in case anyone would like to know:

app verified 10/22
advisor call 11/09
acceptance 11/18

Reactions: 1 users
Got my acceptance email to St. Augustine campus Nov. 23rd!

Reactions: 3 users
I stil haven't heard back. But congratulations to the ones that have! Can someone tell me what's taking so long. I haven't received any sort of email o anything from an enrollment advisor at all. If someone can get me in touch with the Austin enrollment advisor I would appreciate that so so much. Any help please?

Hey guys I recent had my phone call with my advisor and she mentioned that I should hold off for about a week and a half to add my master's degree finalized to my application. I am interested in joining the Austin campus so I had my phone call with Kim and she said I had a pretty good application and that my undergrad gpa was just the only thing she had taken a second look at because it is under a 3.0. My other 2 GPAs are spot on. For those who have been accepted to the Austin campus do you mind giving me a little perspective on if I should be worried about my undergraduate GPA? Also what is the timeline to normally hear back for the Austin campus?

I stil haven't heard back. But congratulations to the ones that have! Can someone tell me what's taking so long. I haven't received any sort of email o anything from an enrollment advisor at all. If someone can get me in touch with the Austin enrollment advisor I would appreciate that so so much. Any help please?
I would call!!! That's what I did and I also sent an email

I stil haven't heard back. But congratulations to the ones that have! Can someone tell me what's taking so long. I haven't received any sort of email o anything from an enrollment advisor at all. If someone can get me in touch with the Austin enrollment advisor I would appreciate that so so much. Any help
When did you submit? Also, did you make sure to complete the supplemental application on USA’s website? Are all of your courses/reqs complete?

I would call!!! That's what I did and I also sent an email
do you mind sending me the email and number of the person who contacted you? Im in the same boat as you cause my undergrad GPA is below a 3.0 and I have a masters degree as well with a really high GPA. But I need some sort of confirmation or something to know as to what is happening.