University of St. Augustine Summer 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Graduated from San Diego State University - Bachelors in Kinesiology Pre-PT
cGPA: 3.29
pGPA: 3.31
GRE: 149Q/147V 3.5AW
LORs: 1 PT (in Patient), 1 Professor, 1 PT (outpatient)
ECs: Criminal Defense Private Investigator, 1200 Hours of kinesiology research (research assistant) community outreach program, coach.
Observation Hours: 2000 outpatient clinic, 1800 inpatient rehab in Traumatic Brain Injury unit (Tech)

Accepted to summer 2021 San Marcos co-hort

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I was originally accepted for Fall 2021 at San Marcos back in August, but I didn't want to wait a whole year, so they allowed me to take an open seat in the Summer 2021 class! Does anyone have an idea of when USA will have their immersion day for all of us to meet??
How were they about moving you to a different cohort? I am thinking about pushing my start date to the Fall cohort. I was accepted for Summer

How were they about moving you to a different cohort? I am thinking about pushing my start date to the Fall cohort. I was accepted for Summer
I spoke with my admissions counselor (Brianna) and she said if you've been accepted to one cohort, you are eligible to move into another. It was a very easy process. I am not sure if this only applies for an earlier start date rather than starting later, but it's worth calling your counselor and discussing your options.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was actually accepted to Fall 2020 but due to Covid, I wanted to push back my date and allow myself some more time to work. I also spoke with Brianna and she walked me through the whole process. Pretty much you send her an e-mail declining your seat and explain and how pushing back your start date will be beneficial to you. She wants you to give her a new date on the email and if you have prerequisites, to talk about when you plan to complete them. After that, she forwards it to the review board and you hear back about two weeks later. The only downside is that you have to pay 100 dollars non-refundable seat deposit again. Hope that helps!!

Reactions: 1 user
anyone starting at this summer at Miami campus?

Hi everyone,

I applied for the summer 2021 term but, haven't heard anything back. I spoke to Brianna and she gave me some tips about my application. I have two pre-reqs to finish off by March 2021. Should I assume I didn't get accepted. Also, I just graduated with a MPH. Also, can anyone give me some advice on interview questions, What questions were asked? I'm so worried I hope I hear back. :(

Hi everyone,

I applied for the summer 2021 term but, haven't heard anything back. I spoke to Brianna and she gave me some tips about my application. I have two pre-reqs to finish off by March 2021. Should I assume I didn't get accepted. Also, I just graduated with a MPH. Also, can anyone give me some advice on interview questions, What questions were asked? I'm so worried I hope I hear back. :(
I wouldn't get too worried, considering Brianna had mentioned that they typically accept students up until a week before classes start. This can be due to other students declining their acceptance offers to attend other schools or bumping people up from the waitlist. There's still plenty of time for you to hear back!
And as for the interview, I did not interview. Brianna said that they are accepting students without having to be interviewed based on their academic standings, so not all candidates will go through this process.
That's all of the information I have from my personal experience, but good luck to you!

Hi everyone,

Hey there! What campus did you apply to? And honestly I agree with what roon333 said. Sometimes they end up do taking awhile to get back to you because so many people are applying to their school. I spoke to my advisor just recently and she said because of the holiday season and covid its hard for them to get through all of the applications at the end of the year and so the process just slows down. Either way I think you should stay in touch with your advisor and see what they have to say!

I was wondering if anybody knows about this! But when the summer cohort starts is it still going to be online?

I was wondering if anybody knows about this! But when the summer cohort starts is it still going to be online?
I saw a video posted on the MyUSA portal going over the protocol for attending in person classes (wearing masks/face shields, taking temp. before entering buildings...) so I am assuming this means we will be doing in person courses by the summer.

I was recently accepted for the Miami campus, but will be turning down my seat. I hope this helps someone!

Hello, My name is Michael, I just got accepted to the St. Augustine summer cohort of 2021. Wanted to try to get in contact with some others who will be joining me, super excited to get rolling!! Feel free to reply

Reactions: 2 users
w
Hello, My name is Michael, I just got accepted to the St. Augustine summer cohort of 2021. Wanted to try to get in contact with some others who will be joining me, super excited to get rolling!! Feel free to reply
which campus?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! My name is Dominic and I just got accepted for the summer 2021 San Marcos cohort as well. Excited to get going, too!

What are the pros and cons of USAHS? I deciding between USAHS and Samuel Merritt atm.

Hi ! I just got accepted to Summer 2021 San Marcos!
Interview: 12/8
Put on Waitlist: 12/10
Accepted: 1/13
Lmk if there is a group page for Summer yet

Hello! Just got accepted without an interview to the Austin campus starting in May.

Going to be declining my seat for Summer 21 @ St. Aug campus. Decided to attend a different program. Hope this helps someone!

Going to be declining my seat for Summer 21 @ St. Aug campus. Decided to attend a different program. Hope this helps someone!
Hi I was wondering why you chose the other program over St. Augustine? Is it because the first time pass rates for NPTE aren't that high at St. Augustine?

Hi I was wondering why you chose the other program over St. Augustine? Is it because the first time pass rates for NPTE aren't that high at St. Augustine?
No it was not that. St Augustine actually has solid passing rates for the past few years. I just couldn't justify the tuition costs.

I got accepted to Austin campus for summer 21. I’m still waiting to hear back from other schools but I paid my deposit. I’m not sure if the high tuition is really worth it for USA so I am kinda in a dilemma.

I got invited for an interview for the Austin campus! Can you guys tell me how the interview went and have any tips? I’d really appreciate it

I got invited for an interview for the Austin campus! Can you guys tell me how the interview went and have any tips? I’d really appreciate it
It is super laid back. They ask about 3 questions per person. You will be broken into like small groups according to the meeting groups. But don't stress it is pretty chill!!

Hey guys, I got accepted into the Austin campus for 2021. Is the admissions allowed to move you into a different cohort if you asked them? Like start in the fall instead of the summer.

Hey guys, I got accepted into the Austin campus for 2021. Is the admissions allowed to move you into a different cohort if you asked them? Like start in the fall instead of the summer.
I asked my enrollment advisor and basically you'll have to decline your seat and then your application would be up against the fall applicants. You wouldn't have to do the interview again but you'll be risking your spot

I asked my enrollment advisor and basically you'll have to decline your seat and then your application would be up against the fall applicants. You wouldn't have to do the interview again but you'll be risking your spot
got it! Thank you!

did you end up having to like risk your seat and such?

Gave up my seat (Summer 2021 San Marcos location). Hoping this helps someone!

I am a current USA student. If you go, the lectures are all on RingCentral and probably 1-2 classes/week will will be on campus for labs. It requires full PPE and gets toasty AF. I hope this helps clarify the “summer return to campus” plan. Currently we have both lecture+lab online with 6 days on campus per term as “on campus intensive” skill checks.

I am a current USA student. If you go, the lectures are all on RingCentral and probably 1-2 classes/week will will be on campus for labs. It requires full PPE and gets toasty AF. I hope this helps clarify the “summer return to campus” plan. Currently we have both lecture+lab online with 6 days on campus per term as “on campus intensive” skill checks.
Thank you so much.

I had an interview for the Summer 2021 cohort-Miami Campus on 3/5 but haven’t heard anything back. Any ideas of when I should expect an answer?

I had an interview for the Summer 2021 cohort-Miami Campus on 3/5 but haven’t heard anything back. Any ideas of when I should expect an answer?
When I interviewed, I heard back 3 weeks later and they told me 2-3 weeks. You might be hearing back this week or next probably

When I interviewed, I heard back 3 weeks later and they told me 2-3 weeks. You might be hearing back this week or next probably
Do you mind sharing if you got in and what campus you were applying for?

Hi everyone I sent my application September 15th, it got verified two days after. Im waiting to hear back from the Miami Campus. I was told my application was strong so i went ahead and trusted the advisor.
My stats:
3.5 Pre-Req gpa
3.3 Cum gpa
292 GRE score, I was told Miami Campus is very lenient with the scores and require a 290 to be considered
650 paid hours as a rehab tech working (Neuro, Ortho, and Geriatrics)
100 volunteer hour at the same clinic I work at (Before I got hired)

Hope I am competitive enough to get accepted!
Any update??

I was recently accepted for the Miami campus, but will be turning down my seat. I hope this helps someone!
Hi! I recently got invited for an interview at the Miami campus and don't really know what to expect. Do you have any tips, advice?

Ya, I got into the miami campus summer 21
Hi! I recently got invited for an interview at the Miami campus and don't really know what to expect. Do you have any tips, advice, types of questions that were asked?

Hi! I recently got invited for an interview at the Miami campus and don't really know what to expect. Do you have any tips, advice?

It’s very relaxed, try not to stress. Be sure to ask questions!

Hi! I recently got invited for an interview at the Miami campus and don't really know what to expect. Do you have any tips, advice, types of questions that were asked?
Hey! They asked me how do I handle stress, what are my study habits, who am I, do I work well in teams, and the interviewer gave me a case study which related to sticking with your core values. Good luck!

Just got my acceptance email for the St. Augustine campus! Interviewed on 10/2. Good luck to everyone!
hey! i was just wondering if you know any sample questions or have any suggestions and tips for the interview. my interview is tomorrow morning with only a 2 day warning ( while woking a full time job sooo...im stressed) any tops would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Hello everyone! I got admitted to otd program for fall 2022! I will be moving down from la area. Is anyone same as me and wanting to find a housemate or study together when the program starts ?
If any previous students or current students would like to share some insights or experience, I will be very appreciated :))