Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me 2. What round are you going to pick?
Most likely the last date of February 26. I have 3 exams the week of Jan 31 and the UH Pharmacy interview on Friday, Feb 4. Have to book a flight to Austin too.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Me 2. What round are you going to pick?

I was going to bring a passport style photo. Maybe that would be incorrect. Wonder if anyone from previous years has any suggestions.
Woo Hoo...
Just got my UT invite too!! I have to choose round 2 since Jan 28 clash with my UH interview...
The interview is a 2 days process?!?!?!?!
I don't believe it is a 2 day process; it hasn't been in the past. UT's interview process is one of the least strenuous in terms of activity; it consists of your interview, a tour of the building, and a Q&A session.
Longhorn Rxpert are there are any other rounds besides round 1 and 2? or these are just it
Congratz to all the people that got interview invites!
I am currently a P1 at the UTCOP and will be one of the people helping out during the first round of interviews next week. If you have any questions or concerns I'll be happy to address them. Good luck and see yall next week!
Is it true that they view every applicant before they make a single decision in March? Is there an advantageous time to schedule an interview?
For the current pharmacy students, does anybody know which faculty are participating in the interview process? Does Dr. Wilcox do most of them?
Based on what they've told us, in terms of us volunteering, there seem to be only two rounds of interviews. The one next week and the one at the end of February.
Thats what I'm wondering. My college kept sending the wrong transcript and so it didn't show up on my application status even after I hand delivered it. So I just cleared up the whole situation yesterday and my application just went in. Anyone have any idea how long it might take? When does the does the first round start?so will the admissions office also be sending interview offers this week and the next week. or are they all final?
Thats what I'm wondering. My college kept sending the wrong transcript and so it didn't show up on my application status even after I hand delivered it. So I just cleared up the whole situation yesterday and my application just went in. Anyone have any idea how long it might take? When does the does the first round start?
The first round of interviews start next Friday on the 28th. I am not positive whether they are still considering applicants. The best advice I can give is to wait until Monday to see what happens. Since it seems like they sent out invites very late Friday night, there may be a possibility that more applicants are being considered. At the very least, you can try calling the admissions office to ask about your status on Monday.
I've been talking with Mary Grigsby for the last week because of the transcript trouble and she sent me an email almost as soon as I dropped off the transcript yesterday that my application was now "complete and on time." And that was around 2 yesterday. I don't think they'd review applications over the weekend, would they? At any rate, I'm going to try not to worry until about Wednesday next week.
I just got my invite as well!! I'm so ecstatic! I would love to sign up for Round 1 interviews but I already have a TX Tech interview scheduled for that Friday. So Round 2 it is!! 🙂
For the current pharmacy students, does anybody know which faculty are participating in the interview process? Does Dr. Wilcox do most of them?
Congrats to those of you who got invites - that's half the battle!
1. There are generally 3 rounds of interviews, but there will only be two rounds this year (due to scheduling conflicts for interviewers).
2. bring a simple picture - one that just shows your face. neutral background is good, and nothing that shows a lot of skin. The purpose of the picture is purely for the admissions committee to remember a face with the paper applicant.
3. it makes absolutely no difference which round, day or time you decide to interview.
so if we didnt receive an invite is it safe to assume we're not being considered for an interview?
What do the interviewers have with them during the interview? Do they have your resume, or your essays, or both? Just wondering if they will already know what leadership experience I've had, etc.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.