University of the Pacific - 2013 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email that confirmed my waitlist status. It said that they will have approximately 80 people on the waitlist this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I called Veronica and she told me that I am on the lower part of the waitlist and that the letter is on its way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I guess I'll just call tomorrow. I doubt that it'll be good news anymore but at least I'll know. Kinda sad though... I'm somehow thinking it'll be worse to hear over the phone.

Well, I called. Veronica is out for the day, but looks like it's the wait list. The lady I spoke to made it sound like all that's going out is the waitlist offers through mail. Blegh... at least Pacific Oregon accepted me.

I called too. Ellie was the pharmacy admission person covering for Veronica. She told me I'm on the wait list but she did not tell me my priority. I guess I'll find out when it comes in the mail :/

While we were on tour of the campus, one of the 2nd year students told me, he was on waitlist and got in 2 weeks before class started and his best friend got in 2 days before class, so there is always hope guys! Hang in there!

While we were on tour of the campus, one of the 2nd year students told me, he was on waitlist and got in 2 weeks before class started and his best friend got in 2 days before class, so there is always hope guys! Hang in there!

Were they mid waitlist or even on the low waitlist?

Well, I called. Veronica is out for the day, but looks like it's the wait list. The lady I spoke to made it sound like all that's going out is the waitlist offers through mail. Blegh... at least Pacific Oregon accepted me.
in the same shoes as you bro... I'm too scared to call Veronica... maybe I'll just wait for the mail lol

Aw, I hear you... it was hard to call. It's kinda ironic--after being on hold since October, I said the one outcome I couldn't deal with is more waiting. I was an extreme bitter Betty yesterday, but hey it really is better to know. It's easier than being glued to my phone waiting for the email that won't show

well the letter came... im on the low portion =( guess ill be heading to oregon. good luck to you man! hopefully you're on the top portion!

Members don't see this ad :)
Low portion of the waitlist... guess that's it then... I better get ready for Oregon.

Low portion of the waitlist... guess that's it then... I better get ready for Oregon.

hey at least the wait is over right? on the other hand, those on the mid portion have to continue waiting:p jk

Did anyone receive e-mail from the school this week? My daughter received an e-mail saying they will finish all the interview this week and will start reviewing application in April.

Did everyone get either a waitlist letter or a rejection letter? I've been on hold since november. Haven't got any update since then.

Just gave up my spot. Good luck to those still waiting! :)

I'm on the low waitlist. Big bummer, time to prepare for the next round of applications.

Just got an email that confirmed my waitlist status. It said that they will have approximately 80 people on the waitlist this year.

are we supposed to get a confirmation after accepting our waitlist position? i never go anything via email.

I would assume you should get one. Anyone else also get the confirm email?

woot! woot! I got my welcome to UOP e-mail today. I waited 1/2 a year and the results came today. :)
good luck to everyone

woot! woot! I got my welcome to UOP e-mail today. I waited 1/2 a year and the results came today. :)
good luck to everyone

Congrats! I am glad to hear that after we talked in November that you got in. ;)

Hey all! Has there been any movement, recent or otherwise with the Waitlist? Thanks!

hello all...are there any on here currently on the waitlist? any news?

Hi does anyone know if u can defer ur acceptance for one year or not? Thanks

Hey Tinateb,

Best to call and talk to Veronica, she would know if you can defer your acceptance or not.

Good luck to you

-G

Hey Tinateb,

Best to call and talk to Veronica, she would know if you can defer your acceptance or not.

Good luck to you

-G

Definitely ask Veronica, but from one of the previous threads I think someone said you cannot.

Does anyone know what the first year schedule wise looks like? Is anyone planning on working while in school?

Yeah, did you check your pac email, Veronica sent a course catalog and also I might work (maybe haha).

I was also placed on the "upper" portion of the wait list, but have not heard anything yet......this is killing me . wait listed on 4-22-13

Congrats on getting in for those who have heard back!

I am a recently graduated pharm student from UOP. I'll be moving out in June and my landlord is looking for some students to be tenants for his townhome.

2 bd, 2 bath. $1250/mo in the Brookside community (arguably the safest part of Stockton). The master bedroom can easily be made into a double.

I know most of you may not know a lot of other people in your class, but if you do have a group of 2-3 students or you are married and looking for a place, this is a great place for you.

Please PM me with your e-mail address if you are interested....

or if you just have general questions about the pharmacy program at UOP, you can ask me. I used to be pretty active on SDN before I got accepted so I do owe it to the SDN community.

has anyone ever had trouble completing their pre-requisites in time?

Just a heads up: I will be dropping my seat. Good luck to those on the wait list.

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

Your GPA is right on the cusp. UoP seems to go high in that regard, so I don't think it is likely that you will get an interview. Do you have any extra cirriculars that most others wouldn't?

Hey guys! I've been living in Stockton for 7 years now and I am finally moving out! I did my undergrad at UOP, that's why. Well, my landlord would like to continue to have students living in this house so if any one of you guys are interested pls message me for more contact info/pictures. It's a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath spacious house in a gated community 10 minutes from campus. I think it was built in early 2000's so everything in the house isn't outdated. If you live in Stockton, make sure you live in a gated neighborhood, it makes it a bit safer. Rent is $1500/mo and the landlord is super nice and easy going. I've been living here 3 years now but it's my turn to get outta here. Good luck to everyone!

Hey guys,

Have any waitlisted students been accepted yet? Has the wait list moved at all? Thanks!

Hey guys,

Have any waitlisted students been accepted yet? Has the wait list moved at all? Thanks!
I emailed Veronica last week, she stated they have started extending offers off the wait list, but couldn't disclose how many or how my position has changed.

I emailed Veronica last week, she stated they have started extending offers off the wait list, but couldn't disclose how many or how my position has changed.

Hi, so as of last week they have JUST begun to offer acceptances from the wait list? Well...its good to know things have started to move.

Anyone from the waitlist heard anything yet? I'm on the top portion and don't know if I should still have hope?

Call Veronica.. yes have hope! hope to see you class of 2016 :D

I talked to Veronica about applying for next year and a few other things, and she did note not to give up hope. She said last year they got down toward the bottom of the waitlist, so anything can happen in the next month.