University of Toronto Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was just wondering
what happens if you don't pay on time how much do you lose.

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't pay the minimum before the registration date all your courses become canceled. But you can opt for a deferral to pay your minimum fees for osap or etc.

I was just wondering

from what i have heard the faculty is really good.. they do everything possible to help you. So if i were u , i would wait for the package with info and then talk to them if any concerns.

i dont know specificly about pharmacy but when i was in uoft science, i applied for deferal and they to charge u interest which is like 1% every month after november untill your osap arrives and u pay the full fee. even if u are not able to pay full fee u can pay in instalments and u just pay interest on remaining balance. Maybe its the same in pharmacy but not sure..

Members don't see this ad :)
I just have a small question about osap.

I have always used osap for my undergrad and got loans all four years. I usually apply at around late july or even mid august, and the money always makes it in time (early sept) before the tuition deadlines. Only one time I had to get a deferal for about two weeks, but that was when I applied for OSAP about a week before school started.

they say its too late now to apply for osap and get the money in time for the deadline which confuses me.
Is the deadline gonna be much earlier than september before school starts, or does it usually take longer for osap money to get to this specific program.

I just have a small question about osap.

I have always used osap for my undergrad and got loans all four years. I usually apply at around late july or even mid august, and the money always makes it in time (early sept) before the tuition deadlines. Only one time I had to get a deferal for about two weeks, but that was when I applied for OSAP about a week before school started.

they say its too late now to apply for osap and get the money in time for the deadline which confuses me.
Is the deadline gonna be much earlier than september before school starts, or does it usually take longer for osap money to get to this specific program.

I've applied for osap for 3 years. I think I deferred my fees every year because the deadline to pay fees was always late August and the loan documents wouldn't come in until 2nd week of September. This is @ U of T, not sure about other institutions.

Now in terms of pharmacy I believe fees are due September 5 or 6 however if you apply now you likely won't get the money by that date.

So I'm hoping pharmacy registrar has some options for us to somehow defer payment until the money comes in. It's a tricky situation, you can't apply for osap until you get an offer of admission and by that time its to late to defer. Otherwise the only option is borrowing from a line of credit and then paying it back when the loan money comes.

By the way I believe you only need to pay 65% or approx 10,000 to register. The rest you can pay anytime before November without interest.

I've applied for osap for 3 years. I think I deferred my fees every year because the deadline to pay fees was always late August and the loan documents wouldn't come in until 2nd week of September. This is @ U of T, not sure about other institutions.

Now in terms of pharmacy I believe fees are due September 5 or 6 however if you apply now you likely won't get the money by that date.

So I'm hoping pharmacy registrar has some options for us to somehow defer payment until the money comes in. It's a tricky situation, you can't apply for osap until you get an offer of admission and by that time its to late to defer. Otherwise the only option is borrowing from a line of credit and then paying it back when the loan money comes.

By the way I believe you only need to pay 65% or approx 10,000 to register. The rest you can pay anytime before November/15 without interest.

Fixed:thumbup:

Not to worry, you have not missed much, the package has not been sent out.

You should have by now:

Your U of T student ID number and possibly access to ROSI

.. and if you join the facebook group there's more information about post registration stuff.. line of credits, CPR registrations etc.

I'm currently vacationing in China (facebook is banned here) so I don't have access to the info on facebook atm. Can someone copy/paste the posts?

I was just wondering

If you don't pay on time, you have to go directly to the Faculty office to pay a late registration fee of $44 plus $5 for each day of delay.

If you don't pay on time, you have to go directly to the Faculty office to pay a late registration fee of $44 plus $5 for each day of delay.

WOW, seems like UofT is a bit too greedy; I'm already missing Western for their flexibility with regards to tuition payments!

from what i have heard the faculty is really good.. they do everything possible to help you. So if i were u , i would wait for the package with info and then talk to them if any concerns.

i dont know specificly about pharmacy but when i was in uoft science, i applied for deferal and they to charge u interest which is like 1% every month after november untill your osap arrives and u pay the full fee. even if u are not able to pay full fee u can pay in instalments and u just pay interest on remaining balance. Maybe its the same in pharmacy but not sure..

For UofT Pharmacy, all outstanding balances will be charged 1.5% compounded monthly (19.56% per annum) after November 15 and as of 15th of each month thereafter until the account is paid in full.

What's the deadline to pay the minimum fee? And also the deadline to defer?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys this is a random question but is there anyone who got accepted from U of T this year with low GPA like 3.0???
Yes! 2.96, but I haven't heard of anyone else with such a low gpa...maybe they're too shy to post.

I'm currently vacationing in China (facebook is banned here) so I don't have access to the info on facebook atm. Can someone copy/paste the posts?
cool! i was there when we got admission offers. Except I got an illegal program that allows you to use facebook off of someone ;). If you're still there ask about it. It's called freegate.

Yes! 2.96, but I haven't heard of anyone else with such a low gpa...maybe they're too shy to post.

I agree, stats on SDN could be misleading since most people who share are those who have "higher" stats.

Anyone know if proof of employment is needed to get a line of credit?

Anyone know if proof of employment is needed to get a line of credit?

I believe it depends on whether you want to have a co-signer or not... if you don't have one, then most likely they want the proof!

Not 100% sure though!

Anyone get their package or timetable yet?

Well, according to facebook, some people got it yesterday... I assume some got it today as well.

I'm still waiting though, I don't know why some people are getting it sooner than others, maybe faculty sends them in batches :confused:

Well, according to facebook, some people got it yesterday... I assume some got it today as well.

I'm still waiting though, I don't know why some people are getting it sooner than others, maybe faculty sends them in batches :confused:
Don't worry, I am still waiting for mine. We both live outside of the City of Toronto. So it takes longer, though I don't think the faculty sends them in batches lol. Just all at once:D:D

I got mine :D I thought it was gonna be some thick package but its so light and small :p

Don't worry, I am still waiting for mine. We both live outside of the City of Toronto. So it takes longer, though I don't think the faculty sends them in batches lol. Just all at once:D:D

lol, how do you know I live outside Toronto???

I believe that you mentioned that you lived in NewMarket or something a while back in this thread :p

I can't remember when I said it, but maybe I should be more careful about what I say on these forums, haha ;););)

Wow our fall schedule looks easy. But winter looks painful.

I can't remember when I said it, but maybe I should be more careful about what I say on these forums, haha ;););)
hehe, I don't think you should worry much. You'll likely meet everyone on this forum within Phrosh week and shortly after :)

Wow our fall schedule looks easy. But winter looks painful.
It looks easy but the courses can be difficult. Don't forget about the online modules and the online course as well ;)

Last edited:
hehe, I don't think you should worry much. You'll likely meet everyone on this forum within Phrosh week and shortly after :)

It looks easy but the courses can be difficult. Don't forget about the online modules and the online course as well ;)

So true :thumbup:

I still haven't got mine:(

Me either... I'm starting to lose patience :mad:

I dedicate this post in support of university of Toronto kicking southern Nevada's butt.

I couldn't believe I still didn't receive my mail today! :mad: Infuriated by this. I am starting to think that U of T really does send the letters in batches, rather than all at once.

I dedicate this post in support of university of Toronto kicking southern Nevada's butt.
:thumbup: :)

I couldn't believe I still didn't receive my mail today! :mad: Infuriated by this. I am starting to think that U of T really does send the letters in batches, rather than all at once.

Same, I didn't get it... now we have to wait until Tuesday :mad::boom::diebanana:

Same, I didn't get it... now we have to wait until Tuesday :mad::boom::diebanana:

Sorry to hear that you guys didn't get it. If its any consolation to you guys, its nothing like I expected. It's pretty small and only has a couple of sheets with some basic info :)

I believe it depends on whether you want to have a co-signer or not... if you don't have one, then most likely they want the proof!

Not 100% sure though!

I was approved without a co-signor by Scotia without any source of income :)

Yea. Overall the package was sorta disappointing. I was expecting a huge CONGRATULATION! and graphic pictures of the amazing faculty and opportunities and etc. It felt very impersonal and unprofessional =(

Although the fall schedule looks easy, the winter schedule looks scary. :scared:

The package doesnt have alot of things that we shudnt be aware of already. :(

Ya I really hope those professional practice labs are only 3 hours and not the 9 hours that are indicated in our timetables.

They're obv not 9. That's just the time slot for the entire class. I think they're only an hour for any specific group

Actually, I believe each lab session would be 3 hours... This means that in a given day, 3 groups will be able to use that 9 hour time-slot.

Actually, I believe each lab session would be 3 hours... This means that in a given day, 3 groups will be able to use that 9 hour time-slot.

Ya I think you're right.

P.S. WE ARE NOW OFFICIALLY TIED WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN NEVADA :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Please somebody post something! :laugh:

Ya I think you're right.

P.S. WE ARE NOW OFFICIALLY TIED WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN NEVADA :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Please somebody post something! :laugh:

And NOW we are officially the LARGEST school thread on pre-pharmacy forums on SDN :D

Good job everyone, you guys were so enthusiastic this year :highfive:

And NOW we are officially the LARGEST school thread on pre-pharmacy forums on SDN :D

Good job everyone, you guys were so enthusiastic this year :highfive:
I'll add on as well :p
About the labs, as mentioned, its a 3hr session and one of the two days. No 9hr labs :laugh:

One session per week? Does that mean the other day we have off?
I dunno, I thought it was the same class(code the same isn't it?) so I would think you get only one 3hr session a week and with 6 sessions a week with 30-40 students, then that's about 240. Of course, this is only me guessing :)

One session per week? Does that mean the other day we have off?

I was always under the impression that we have only a 3 hour lab on one of those 2 days; It doesn't make sense to have 2 labs back to back. I would love to get some sort of verification though!