University of Toronto Pharmacy Class of 2022

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by TBTSH12, Sep 16, 2017.

1. JoJoPharm

I'm actually declining UofT's offer and going with Waterloo. I think both programs are great, I just got a better overall feel from Waterloo. My main reasons are:

1. Smaller class size
    2. The paid co-op terms are very appealing and cut down the cost of tuition quite a bit
    3. As much as I'd love to live downtown Toronto, I know the rent will be pricey. After completing my undergrad I'm looking to cut down costs however I can
    4. I really liked the building/learning environment
    5. I can work for the next 6 months before starting. It'll be nice to have a break before starting 4 more years of school lol

Like I said, both programs are great and it's a difficult decision, I just think I'm better suited to Waterloo's program. For those of you choosing UofT over Waterloo I'm sure you feel the same way in terms of it just being a better 'fit'. For everyone who received offers from both schools I'd be interested in hearing how you made your decision too. Best of luck :)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JPharmac

Thanks :) No, they didn't have any information for exactly how many people applied !

4. UWPharmaStudent

Hi Everyone,
    I have luckily been accepted to both UofT and UW and I will be choosing UW. For anyone struggling to decide between the two I have made a comparison between both schools based on experience and approximate costs and am attaching this for you guys as well!
    Hope this helps! :)

Attached Files:

JoJoPharm likes this.
  5. jess12456

June 28th

6. maddyscientist

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey guys :) I also applied to toronto and waterloo and got acceptances from both. these are my stats for future references!
    GPA: 88.4% (full course load all 4 years)
    PCAT Composite: 99
    Bio: 99
    Chem: 99
    Math: 93
    Reading: 93
    Writing: 4
    Interview: felt like **** after (pretty sure i bombed it and won't get in)

I was 50/50 between the 2 schools but I'll most likely be choosing toronto over waterloo!

7. koi313

Pre-Pharmacy
    What made you choose uoft over waterloo?

8. M10696

Hey all! Congrats 2T2s.
    I just had a question for the upper years here - do all those who are accepted receive some money from UofT for their admissions?

9. Pharm1998

Is anyone applying for student line of credit?
    What banks are you looking into?

10. JPharmCO

Pre-Pharmacy
    I believe Scotiabank has the best line of credits specific for professional school students. They make custom programs based on your school and program of study

Pharm1998 likes this.