University of Toronto Pharmacy Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone from western that wants to practice, shoot me a message! :) or is anyone down to organize a google hangout group? we can schedule set times to practice together
Sure we can, but who is gonna walk ud through?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Most of my classes are suspended. I'll PM you we can set something up for when we're both on campus

anyone from western that wants to practice, shoot me a message! :) or is anyone down to organize a google hangout group? we can schedule set times to practice together
I'm also from western, totally down to practice together.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone here from utsc or utsg who would like to practice for the interviews together ?

Hey there!

Figured id start a thread for the Class of 2T2 (2022). Feel free to share any questions about stats, the application process, MMI and other things.

Hi!
I'm a Montreal student wanting to get accepted to U of T pharm D! I did 2 years of biopharmacy (really tough program) where my gpa wasnt high enough and then did one year of a Arts and Science minor where I got a 4.0 gpa. I'm taking the PCAT this summer.
What are my chances of getting in next year and do you have any tips I can follow in order to get in (maybe move to toronto and start a bachelor there) ?

Thanks a lot!!!

Hi!
I'm a Montreal student wanting to get accepted to U of T pharm D! I did 2 years of biopharmacy (really tough program) where my gpa wasnt high enough and then did one year of a Arts and Science minor where I got a 4.0 gpa. I'm taking the PCAT this summer.
What are my chances of getting in next year and do you have any tips I can follow in order to get in (maybe move to toronto and start a bachelor there) ?

Thanks a lot!!!

as long as you have a competitive cumulative average (~80%), do well on the pcat and the interview you have a great chance of getting in. UofT does not take into consideration which program you come from as long as you meet their requirements

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone my MMI for u of t is also on the 25th! I'm currently in Missisauga but I'm pretty mobile and would be down to meet up in the GTA to practice. Down for skype calls too!

A bit late to the party, but if anyone is still looking to get some MMI practice (and you're in the GTA region or near abouts), I'd be glad to join up and/or start an evening practice group - just PM me.

I know most of you have your interviews coming up this weekend and I just wanted to wish you guys the best of luck! Just do your best and be as confident as you can be :) I'll see those of you who are in the morning on Saturday the 24th!

Reactions: 1 user
What do I do if I'm not familiar with the topic they're asking? I can familiarize myself with certain topics that's popular right now but it just seems impossible to know everything
The MMI is not about who knows the most facts about healthcare today, it's about seeing how you think and how you react to intense and tricky situations. They want to see your thought process and see that you know how to defend your point of view and be confident with your decisions. Imo just learning about random healthcare stuff is not as important as learning how to use critical thinking to solve problems in a high pressure situation

The MMI is not about who knows the most facts about healthcare today, it's about seeing how you think and how you react to intense and tricky situations. They want to see your thought process and see that you know how to defend your point of view and be confident with your decisions. Imo just learning about random healthcare stuff is not as important as learning how to use critical thinking to solve problems in a high pressure situation

thats definitely true but i would still suggest that you take a look at current issues in healthcare (ie. opoid crisis, marijuana legalization etc) since they can be rolled into situation questions and a general knowledge in the area can help

Now to wait till June

Reactions: 2 users
Hi
I was wondering what the likelihood of me getting into the program would be. My pcat composite score is 96 but my avg is quite low.. like 70 :/ I really messed up in the first two yrs of undergrad and I'm currently doing better (in my last yr of undergrad) and trying really hard to keep my marks up. Also I had my MMI a few days ago and I feel confident about that but I'm afraid my transcript is going to put me in a bad position. Any advice? Has there been any acceptances of students with low averages?

Hi
I was wondering what the likelihood of me getting into the program would be. My pcat composite score is 96 but my avg is quite low.. like 70 :/ I really messed up in the first two yrs of undergrad and I'm currently doing better (in my last yr of undergrad) and trying really hard to keep my marks up. Also I had my MMI a few days ago and I feel confident about that but I'm afraid my transcript is going to put me in a bad position. Any advice? Has there been any acceptances of students with low averages?
I think you could still get into the program as long as your average is above the cut off (70%) and you aced the MMI. In the previous year threads, I've seen people with low averages get in and people with higher averages waitlisted, so your MMI score is really important.

Hey guys! I had my MMI with uoft but unlike the rest of you i honestly didnt feel great about it walking out... I practiced a lot and am always updated with news and etc. I just feel like nerves got to me and I could've said more (and better) than I did.
My PCAT composite is 99% and cGPA is around 88. I know academically I am fine but do you guys know anyone with good stats but didnt get in solely because of interviews?

Hey guys! I had my MMI with uoft but unlike the rest of you i honestly didnt feel great about it walking out... I practiced a lot and am always updated with news and etc. I just feel like nerves got to me and I could've said more (and better) than I did.
My PCAT composite is 99% and cGPA is around 88. I know academically I am fine but do you guys know anyone with good stats but didnt get in solely because of interviews?
I'm in the same situation as you with similar stats :(

I'm in the same situation as you with similar stats :(

Honestly, I'm not just saying this to say it but I really did not feel great coming out of mine and my academic stats were much lower than yours lol. I'm sure if you held your own in the interview you will have a great shot. Don't think that just because you didn't say A LOT that you didn't do well in a certain station because some topics or questions don't NEED to be discussed for a full 6 minutes. I had a station where I sat for like 2 minutes and just talked with the interviewer about life because I finished talking about the topic early.

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, I'm not just saying this to say it but I really did not feel great coming out of mine and my academic stats were much lower than yours lol. I'm sure if you held your own in the interview you will have a great shot. Don't think that just because you didn't say A LOT that you didn't do well in a certain station because some topics or questions don't NEED to be discussed for a full 6 minutes. I had a station where I sat for like 2 minutes and just talked with the interviewer about life because I finished talking about the topic early.
I feel like I probably bombed 2 stations just in terms of my response, and the fact that at 1 of the stations the person made a borderline triggering response to my comment lol... fingers crossed that one of them didn't count.

For those of you who already did your interviews, did any of you have a debate station?

Were there any personal questions? Like "why do you wanna be a pharmacist" type questions? I hate that stuff...

Were there any personal questions? Like "why do you wanna be a pharmacist" type questions? I hate that stuff...

Tbh you should just have an answer for this if you're applying to pharm school

Hey guys, 2T0 here
Congrats to those of you who made it through interviews
When I did mine, I did not feel good about maybe 3 of them...and 1 of them was a complete mess. Don't worry if you have those 1-2 bad stations. My stats weren't that great either: cGPA ~81%, PCAT composite 96%
I think a lot of people on here have a great chance

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys I have a question.. for grade 12 physics course...does it have to be from independent learning center (ILC) or can it be from any credited school like a private school registered with ministry if we haven't taken it already

Practice. Practice. Practice. By yourself, with friends and with people who are distant friends. When you practice with people you are not entirely comfortable around you’ll get better at formulating ideas when in an evironment that’s foreign. Do one or two prompts a day and then critically evaluate your response. Ask yourself if there was something you could have phrased better or if there were more points you could have talked about. The more you evaluate your response and examine the prompt from different perspectives the easier it will be to brainstorm good ideas for the next prompt you do. What I struggled with the most was phrasing my words correctly and sounding confident (there’s a plethora of videos on YouTube you can watch on how to speak more confidently).

Hey guys I have a question.. for grade 12 physics course...does it have to be from independent learning center (ILC) or can it be from any credited school like a private school registered with ministry if we haven't taken it already

From my understanding you either: take part 1 and 2 of physics at university or if you’ve taken grade 12 physics in high schools, you can use that grade. I haven’t seen anything about independent learning centres. Have you emailed the school about this? I would stay away from private schools they are notorious and have been scrutinized severely in the past (I’m talking about the private schools where you can take just one or two courses).

I did physics through ILC and I would recommend it if you haven't taken it already. It could also be from the public school board (highschool, summer classes, etc) but I'm not sure about private schools. I think it would be best if you emailed admissions for clarification

Wish I found this group sooner, would have liked to wish many of you luck on your interviews that passed! Mine is coming up in May and I am not quite sure how to prepare for the MMI style. I am going over many ethical questions, opinion questions, and questions asking for my take on a quote but I guess they could literally throw anything at you... did anyone find that their questions required much knowledge of the field?

Wish I found this group sooner, would have liked to wish many of you luck on your interviews that passed! Mine is coming up in May and I am not quite sure how to prepare for the MMI style. I am going over many ethical questions, opinion questions, and questions asking for my take on a quote but I guess they could literally throw anything at you... did anyone find that their questions required much knowledge of the field?

you wont need much knowledge from the field but some general questions about current topics can be asked and you can be expected to reason your way through an answer

Hey so I was just wondering what you all think my chances of getting accepted may be? Worried my cGPA might ruin my chances of getting in.

PCAT comp 96
cGPA 3.0
MMI felt like it went well
I can tell you with 100% certainty what your chances are of getting in on June 15th

Who else is really anxious about the decisions? It's my second time applying. Managed to work over the past year but not really in a career focused job and not exactly sure of other possible education paths that seem like they're worth the opportunity cost. To anyone who's applied multiple times or knows friends/family that tried to get into Pharmacy but didn't, what are some viable alternatives after a lifesci degree?

Who else is really anxious about the decisions? It's my second time applying. Managed to work over the past year but not really in a career focused job and not exactly sure of other possible education paths that seem like they're worth the opportunity cost. To anyone who's applied multiple times or knows friends/family that tried to get into Pharmacy but didn't, what are some viable alternatives after a lifesci degree?
Hi! It's my first time applying but I graduated with a lifesci degree a year ago. I've been using my degree to work as a pharmaceutical sales rep :)

Hi! It's my first time applying but I graduated with a lifesci degree a year ago. I've been using my degree to work as a pharmaceutical sales rep :)

That's really cool! How's the sales rep life? Any tips on how to break in to a pharmacy sales job?

is it true that UofT usually releases their acceptances a week before the tentative date that they give us? so we probably hear by on june 8th?