GIDO

5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I have a case series/case report that has been submitted to a journal but is currently "under review." Would it be okay to include this under "research experience"? I have seen a lot of mixed thoughts if case reports actually qualify as research. I just want to include it somewhere because I don't have any publications. Thanks!

Sephirakra

SDN Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Case reports on their own don't constitute research, in my experience. A case series... perhaps. And until your report is accepted for publication somewhere, it doesn't count as a pub either. I'm sure it's probably disappointing to hear this, but I'd hate for a PD or whoever to call you out on this down the road.

FourniersGreenGang

5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I think you can list it under peer reviewer articles other than published or whatever, because it's currently in consideration.

Reactions: 1 user

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
May 10, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I have a case series/case report that has been submitted to a journal but is currently "under review." Would it be okay to include this under "research experience"? I have seen a lot of mixed thoughts if case reports actually qualify as research. I just want to include it somewhere because I don't have any publications. Thanks!
There is an option in ERAS publications that says “other than published” that you can submit that to. You can list what journal you submitted to. Whether or not you want to consider it research or not is entirely up to you. Of all the research publications you can have case reports are probably weighted the least. Case series probably weighted more.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.