UNTHSC/TCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys. Congrats!!!
Mine is s.t.i.l.l....u.n.de.r....r.e.v.i.e.w...... :xf:
k
\m/

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everybody :)

Looks like I will be waiting some more....yaaaaay, I can't get enough of this waiting :D

great news. congrats!
i wasn't a prematch last year. there is still plenty of time.

prematched! First interview day paid off!

after you get in to myhsc where do u see your acceptance or not?

I clicked Application status..

I see "Congratulations on your acceptance! Official notification will be sent you via U.S. Mail."

I guess I was expecting something a bit more exciting haha..but for the others that pre-matched is this all you saw too?

That's what I saw too. I am entirely okay with acceptance via status checker, though!

after you get in to myhsc where do u see your acceptance or not?

I clicked Application status..

I see "Congratulations on your acceptance! Official notification will be sent you via U.S. Mail."

I guess I was expecting something a bit more exciting haha..but for the others that pre-matched is this all you saw too?

yup i got that too.

i'm OOS btw

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!

Hot Damn first interview, first offer.

App complete early june
Interview late july

Congrats ladies and gents, see you in the fall!

Looks like I will be starting my countdown to late December...

Congrats to all who have been accepted!

Fantastic. Congratulations to the official first batch of incoming students from Texas! :)

So once you've prematched, what now? Do I need to pay a deposit, etc. or do I just hold my horses till after match day?

So once you've prematched, what now? Do I need to pay a deposit, etc. or do I just hold my horses till after match day?

If you decide to attend TCOM, all you have to do is sign and return the agreement form. The deadline is mid-February, and the deposit is zero.

I believe you also have to rank them as first during the match

I got the acceptance email yesterday as well, interviewed july 26, soo blessed to have options. FOr those waiting, good luck:luck:

Withdrew my application. Hopefully somebody waiting here will get my interview spot. Pre-matched at Tech.

Anyone get an acceptance today?

Also, seems like most of the people accepted yesterday interviewed super early.
Anyone have ideas on when late sept/early november interviewees would hear back?

http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/tcom/admissions/costs.cfm
can anyone who is familiar with the fort worth area comment? The fin aid website allocates $15,410.00 for room & board...is it really that expensive in tx?

That number has some cushion in it. There is a variety of options depending on distance and fanciness. You can rent an older 1-bedroom for $700 in a nice neighborhood within walking distance, or share something with another student for <$500. Prices decline as you extend the radius.

Anyone have ideas on when late sept/early november interviewees would hear back?

Most likely the week before Christmas break, or else by match day.

Last edited:
Fort Worth is cheap and you will like the area TCOM is in, its a pretty upscale area with some fairly cheap housing close by.

Yep. How many med schools are across the street from world-class museums - plus the National Cowgirl Museum? :)

I'm OOS but my status hasn't changed at all and I finished the application in June, not even a rejection. Good news, bad news, anyone know?

is it still possible to get interview invites from TCOM? I'm a TX resident DFW area, but I've got 4x DO interviews coming up. Erie,KCUMB,KCOM,OSUCOM. I only applied to 6 out of state DOs and got 4x invites. Is TCOM a lost cause for me? My secondary was complete by 8/10. Thanks

Also did you all get interviews through email or phone?

Last edited:
I'm OOS but my status hasn't changed at all and I finished the application in June, not even a rejection. Good news, bad news, anyone know?

If your status says "under review", then you're still in the queue and they haven't made a decision.

Last edited:
is it still possible to get interview invites from TCOM? I'm a TX resident DFW area, but I've got 4x DO interviews coming up. Erie,KCUMB,KCOM,OSUCOM. I only applied to 6 out of state DOs and got 4x invites. Is TCOM a lost cause for me? My secondary was complete by 8/10. Thanks

There are many weeks left in the interview season, so it's not hopeless by any means.

Anyone get an acceptance today?

Also, seems like most of the people accepted yesterday interviewed super early.

Sorry, austinUT and others who may be waiting, but I interviewed the first week of November and was accepted on the 15th (status change + email). Just hang in there! :luck:

I'm in a very similar position! Still no interview invite either... and my secondary was complete and received around the same date.

There are many weeks left in the interview season, so it's not hopeless by any means.

I'm starting to lose hope, but this makes me feel a bit better. :)

bluezephyr,
mind sharing your stats? i'll sleep better if you had like a 40P and 3.98....jk kinda.

bluezephyr,
mind sharing your stats? i'll sleep better if you had like a 40P and 3.98....jk kinda.
MCAT: 30R (9V, 10PS, 11BS), sGPA: 3.4, cGPA: 3.7

Not great, but solid enough, I guess. Sorry to disappoint! My essays were okay and my LORs probably ranged from good to "glowing." I felt really great after my interviews though. Just hang in there--it's still early in the admissions cycle.

Congrats to everyone that got pre-matched so far! You can finally breathe. For everyone still waiting, don't fret so much! This is only the first batch, and there are more to come. I got my acceptance 2 days before Christmas last year and it was the best present ever. I know the wait is terrible, but it's worth it in the end.

For everyone that has gotten accepted and will decide to choose TCOM, I can't wait until our class gets a chance to mess with yall's minds ;) jk...kind of

http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/tcom/admissions/costs.cfm

can anyone who is familiar with the fort worth area comment? The fin aid website allocates $15,410.00 for room & board...is it really that expensive in tx?

I wish it was higher. Money goes quick and considering tuition at some places is the size of our total lan package I wish I had a lil more lol. I also splurge to keep sane so it's my fault.

It's my understanding that tcom only rejects the oos that they know for sure they don't want. So no rejection means you were/are being considered so there is still hope, this late for OSS there may be less hope but stick in there. Update letter to let them know your still untreated couldnt hurt.

It is possible, possibly getting close to the time were a an update letter may be beneficial.

Congrats to everyone that got pre-matched so far! You can finally breathe. For everyone still waiting, don't fret so much! This is only the first batch, and there are more to come. I got my acceptance 2 days before Christmas last year and it was the best present ever. I know the wait is terrible, but it's worth it in the end.

For everyone that has gotten accepted and will decide to choose TCOM, I can't wait until our class gets a chance to mess with yall's minds ;) jk...kind of

Shhhhhh... Don't show our hand too early.

I keep trying to remind myself that it's only the first batch... I suppose the fact that I'm still "under review" and not "reviewed" should be comforting. Thank for the vote of confidence, I sure do appreciate it!

Ps- the library looks AWESOME... just the kind of place I could study someday ;)

I applied to TCOM through TMDSAS and am beginning to look at the secondary now. I don't have a DO LOR, but I have good ones from PhDs, employer, and a longtime volunteer coordinator. Will this basically nix my chances? How much do they really care?

I have cGPA: 3.43, sGPA: 3.30, 34 MCAT.
huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

Isn't it too late to submit the secondary?