-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNTHSC/TCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012
Started by ShyRem
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Still 'under review'
I felt really great about this interview, I will be crushed if it doesn't result in an offer... 🙁
same here 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Prematched!! Complete in late May, 7/26 interview.
I can't seem to log in to even check??
after you get in to myhsc where do u see your acceptance or not?
I clicked Application status..
I see "Congratulations on your acceptance! Official notification will be sent you via U.S. Mail."
I guess I was expecting something a bit more exciting haha..but for the others that pre-matched is this all you saw too?
I clicked Application status..
I see "Congratulations on your acceptance! Official notification will be sent you via U.S. Mail."
I guess I was expecting something a bit more exciting haha..but for the others that pre-matched is this all you saw too?
That's what I saw too. I am entirely okay with acceptance via status checker, though!
after you get in to myhsc where do u see your acceptance or not?
I clicked Application status..
I see "Congratulations on your acceptance! Official notification will be sent you via U.S. Mail."
I guess I was expecting something a bit more exciting haha..but for the others that pre-matched is this all you saw too?
yup i got that too.
i'm OOS btw
Accepted via status page. Interviewed 7/26
Last year they did the status updates first and later Caroline called you to make sure you knew.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
still under review earlier - now it won't let me sign in! Ugghhh!!!
Looks like I will be starting my countdown to late December...
Congrats to all who have been accepted!
Congrats to all who have been accepted!
Accepted on status page!
Did it just pop up? Or are you just now getting a chance to look.... Don't get my hopes up! Haha jk.
CONGRATS!
ACCEPTED!! email at 2.57 😀
Awesome congrats!!! How did the rest of pre-match go for you?
So once you've prematched, what now? Do I need to pay a deposit, etc. or do I just hold my horses till after match day?
So once you've prematched, what now? Do I need to pay a deposit, etc. or do I just hold my horses till after match day?
If you decide to attend TCOM, all you have to do is sign and return the agreement form. The deadline is mid-February, and the deposit is zero.
I believe you also have to rank them as first during the match
Withdrew my application. Hopefully somebody waiting here will get my interview spot. Pre-matched at Tech.
http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/tcom/admissions/costs.cfm
can anyone who is familiar with the fort worth area comment? The fin aid website allocates $15,410.00 for room & board...is it really that expensive in tx?
can anyone who is familiar with the fort worth area comment? The fin aid website allocates $15,410.00 for room & board...is it really that expensive in tx?
Withdrew my application. Hopefully somebody waiting here will get my interview spot. Pre-matched at Tech.
Thanks for the heads up pianomajor, and congrats on tech!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/tcom/admissions/costs.cfm
can anyone who is familiar with the fort worth area comment? The fin aid website allocates $15,410.00 for room & board...is it really that expensive in tx?
That number has some cushion in it. There is a variety of options depending on distance and fanciness. You can rent an older 1-bedroom for $700 in a nice neighborhood within walking distance, or share something with another student for <$500. Prices decline as you extend the radius.
Anyone have ideas on when late sept/early november interviewees would hear back?
Most likely the week before Christmas break, or else by match day.
Last edited:
http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/tcom/admissions/costs.cfm
can anyone who is familiar with the fort worth area comment? The fin aid website allocates $15,410.00 for room & board...is it really that expensive in tx?
Fort Worth is cheap and you will like the area TCOM is in, its a pretty upscale area with some fairly cheap housing close by.
Fort Worth is cheap and you will like the area TCOM is in, its a pretty upscale area with some fairly cheap housing close by.
Yep. How many med schools are across the street from world-class museums - plus the National Cowgirl Museum? 🙂
is it still possible to get interview invites from TCOM? I'm a TX resident DFW area, but I've got 4x DO interviews coming up. Erie,KCUMB,KCOM,OSUCOM. I only applied to 6 out of state DOs and got 4x invites. Is TCOM a lost cause for me? My secondary was complete by 8/10. Thanks
Also did you all get interviews through email or phone?
Also did you all get interviews through email or phone?
Last edited:
I'm OOS but my status hasn't changed at all and I finished the application in June, not even a rejection. Good news, bad news, anyone know?
If your status says "under review", then you're still in the queue and they haven't made a decision.
Last edited:
is it still possible to get interview invites from TCOM? I'm a TX resident DFW area, but I've got 4x DO interviews coming up. Erie,KCUMB,KCOM,OSUCOM. I only applied to 6 out of state DOs and got 4x invites. Is TCOM a lost cause for me? My secondary was complete by 8/10. Thanks
Also did you all get interviews through email or phone?
There are many weeks left in the interview season, so it's not hopeless by any means.
Also did you all get interviews through email or phone?
concerning TCOM - i was called on the phone on a sat morning late in july and interviewed mid august. I don't know how they're doing it now - but they seem to be using the phone method a lot.
Anyone get an acceptance today?
Also, seems like most of the people accepted yesterday interviewed super early.
Anyone have ideas on when late sept/early november interviewees would hear back?
Sorry, austinUT and others who may be waiting, but I interviewed the first week of November and was accepted on the 15th (status change + email). Just hang in there!

is it still possible to get interview invites from TCOM? I'm a TX resident DFW area, but I've got 4x DO interviews coming up. Erie,KCUMB,KCOM,OSUCOM. I only applied to 6 out of state DOs and got 4x invites. Is TCOM a lost cause for me? My secondary was complete by 8/10. Thanks
Also did you all get interviews through email or phone?
I'm in a very similar position! Still no interview invite either... and my secondary was complete and received around the same date.
There are many weeks left in the interview season, so it's not hopeless by any means.
I'm starting to lose hope, but this makes me feel a bit better. 🙂
MCAT: 30R (9V, 10PS, 11BS), sGPA: 3.4, cGPA: 3.7bluezephyr,
mind sharing your stats? i'll sleep better if you had like a 40P and 3.98....jk kinda.
Not great, but solid enough, I guess. Sorry to disappoint! My essays were okay and my LORs probably ranged from good to "glowing." I felt really great after my interviews though. Just hang in there--it's still early in the admissions cycle.
I wasn't able to see the third floor of the library when I interviewed cause it was still under construction but I found some pictures of it under TCOM's flickr account. Looks pretty cool.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/unthsc/sets/72157628044041650/with/6308932451/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/unthsc/sets/72157628044041650/with/6308932451/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone that got pre-matched so far! You can finally breathe. For everyone still waiting, don't fret so much! This is only the first batch, and there are more to come. I got my acceptance 2 days before Christmas last year and it was the best present ever. I know the wait is terrible, but it's worth it in the end.
For everyone that has gotten accepted and will decide to choose TCOM, I can't wait until our class gets a chance to mess with yall's minds 😉 jk...kind of
For everyone that has gotten accepted and will decide to choose TCOM, I can't wait until our class gets a chance to mess with yall's minds 😉 jk...kind of
http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/tcom/admissions/costs.cfm
can anyone who is familiar with the fort worth area comment? The fin aid website allocates $15,410.00 for room & board...is it really that expensive in tx?
I wish it was higher. Money goes quick and considering tuition at some places is the size of our total lan package I wish I had a lil more lol. I also splurge to keep sane so it's my fault.
I'm OOS but my status hasn't changed at all and I finished the application in June, not even a rejection. Good news, bad news, anyone know?
It's my understanding that tcom only rejects the oos that they know for sure they don't want. So no rejection means you were/are being considered so there is still hope, this late for OSS there may be less hope but stick in there. Update letter to let them know your still untreated couldnt hurt.
is it still possible to get interview invites from TCOM? I'm a TX resident DFW area, but I've got 4x DO interviews coming up. Erie,KCUMB,KCOM,OSUCOM. I only applied to 6 out of state DOs and got 4x invites. Is TCOM a lost cause for me? My secondary was complete by 8/10. Thanks
Also did you all get interviews through email or phone?
It is possible, possibly getting close to the time were a an update letter may be beneficial.
Congrats to everyone that got pre-matched so far! You can finally breathe. For everyone still waiting, don't fret so much! This is only the first batch, and there are more to come. I got my acceptance 2 days before Christmas last year and it was the best present ever. I know the wait is terrible, but it's worth it in the end.
For everyone that has gotten accepted and will decide to choose TCOM, I can't wait until our class gets a chance to mess with yall's minds 😉 jk...kind of
Shhhhhh... Don't show our hand too early.
For everyone that has gotten accepted and will decide to choose TCOM, I can't wait until our class gets a chance to mess with yall's minds 😉 jk...kind of
And I look forward to next year's score.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oEKImP8y38
38-0? Dang. 😉
Congrats to everyone that got pre-matched so far! You can finally breathe. For everyone still waiting, don't fret so much! This is only the first batch, and there are more to come. I got my acceptance 2 days before Christmas last year and it was the best present ever. I know the wait is terrible, but it's worth it in the end.
For everyone that has gotten accepted and will decide to choose TCOM, I can't wait until our class gets a chance to mess with yall's minds 😉 jk...kind of
I keep trying to remind myself that it's only the first batch... I suppose the fact that I'm still "under review" and not "reviewed" should be comforting. Thank for the vote of confidence, I sure do appreciate it!
Ps- the library looks AWESOME... just the kind of place I could study someday 😉
I applied to TCOM through TMDSAS and am beginning to look at the secondary now. I don't have a DO LOR, but I have good ones from PhDs, employer, and a longtime volunteer coordinator. Will this basically nix my chances? How much do they really care?
I have cGPA: 3.43, sGPA: 3.30, 34 MCAT.![]()
![]()
Isn't it too late to submit the secondary?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 457
- Views
- 157K
- Replies
- 264
- Views
- 94K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 488
- Views
- 128K

