UOP vs. St. Augustine San Marcos

Started by GoSparta
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I quickly got a sense that faculty-student relationship is top notch and first year student-2nd year student relationship is strong as well at UOP. Is that the same with St. Augustine? UOP is a accelerated program as well, so I don't compare the two in that sense.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'll get a great education at UOP. I was there for undergrad and know some of the professors that taught the dpt program and they really care about the students. Living in Stockton was the only fall back if you're comparing that to living at San Diego...

Yes, that is a great strength since all my friends currently enrolled said that and the interview I felt the same. They do clinical work, but seem much more toward the research side, whereas San Marcos has a renowned manual therapy programs with more electives to choose from as well. I am leaning toward St. Augustine for those reasons, but if there is not a strong relationship between first and second years or students and faculty I may lean toward UOP. I can handle the curriculum on my own, but support would be a plus for a challenging accelerated program.
 
@GoSparta Have you decided at all regarding USA vs. UOP? I was wondering the same thing you mentioned about the faculty/student relationship and whether it was strong or not. I was accepted at another school and I felt at the interview current students/faculty there were slightly more warm and welcoming than at USA. But I do love the clinical opportunities and electives available at USA and feel it would be a very good curriculum.