UPenn c/o 2020 applicants!

Started by mpc2wv
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've definitely heard this, but I'm wondering where you heard Feb 12th? I'm assuming it'll be February, but I know one year it was the 14th, and last year it was the 6th, so it hasn't consistently been the same. Just wondering who you got your info from so I can decide if I believe it's trustworthy haha

Haha totally understand! I heard it from a friend who is also applying this cycle. I saw Feb 14th on an old thread from last year so I think they assumed it would be the second Friday in Feb again. I'm just glad other ppl have heard of the LA day thing lol
 
Haha totally understand! I heard it from a friend who is also applying this cycle. I saw Feb 14th on an old thread from last year so I think they assumed it would be the second Friday in Feb again. I'm just glad other ppl have heard of the LA day thing lol
It actually wasn't the second Friday last year because that was when I interviewed. I think it may have been the first
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A friend of my classmate received his interview invite either today or yesterday (think it was yesterday) for the 29th. If anyone is curious!
 
I've definitely heard this, but I'm wondering where you heard Feb 12th? I'm assuming it'll be February, but I know one year it was the 14th, and last year it was the 6th, so it hasn't consistently been the same. Just wondering who you got your info from so I can decide if I believe it's trustworthy haha
Got an invite for Jan 29th. Hopefully see some of you there!

Are you large or small animal
 
Good luck tomorrow everyone!

I may now be making an appearance at happy hour since I'll be heading to my competition Saturday morning since it's actually just out by NBC. Plus, I'm supposed to be done with appointments early and potentially going to a drink or two with a clinician who is leaving next week.
 
Congrats to everyone with Interviews! Does anyone know if they send out invites the same day as interviews?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just called admissions they said they are still sending out notices. What it sounds like is that they are reviewing them as they came in I think. The last interview will be the last friday of feb.
 
I just called admissions they said they are still sending out notices. What it sounds like is that they are reviewing them as they came in I think. The last interview will be the last friday of feb.
Did they say when last invites would be sent?
 
Don't mind me, I'm just over here imploding while I wait for the phone call (or lack thereof)... 🙂
 
Last edited:
I just called admissions they said they are still sending out notices. What it sounds like is that they are reviewing them as they came in I think. The last interview will be the last friday of feb.
Their website said they would be sending invites out mostly on Fridays? But don't they interview Friday?
 
I just called admissions they said they are still sending out notices. What it sounds like is that they are reviewing them as they came in I think. The last interview will be the last friday of feb.
Hmmmm interesting. My application was submitted in August and verified a couple weeks later, and I still haven't heard anything about an interview.
 
I just called admissions they said they are still sending out notices. What it sounds like is that they are reviewing them as they came in I think. The last interview will be the last friday of feb.

I actually wasn't verified until almost halloween, but interviewed on Jan 8th, so I'm thinking that they weren't so much reviewed according to verification order, etc.
 
I actually wasn't verified until almost halloween, but interviewed on Jan 8th, so I'm thinking that they weren't so much reviewed according to verification order, etc.
Yeah I don't think so either. Mine was verified on October 19th so.. Just gotta keep my fingers crossed and hope for good news soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just kinda been lurking here occasionally, so not fully in the loop. Just wondering... The email they sent out saying they'd received my application made it sound kind of like they'd be sending out rejections as they send out interview invites ("Those applicants whom we believe are less academically qualified will begin to hear from us as soon as we can determine their comparative ranking with other applicants.")... Has anyone been straight up rejected yet?
 
It is soo odd to hear him referred to as Dr. Cole if you're talking about who I think you're talking about.

I'm assuming Stephen, seeing as he just graduated. Turns out we both used to work with the same set of professors from William & Mary and ODU, which I found pretty funny considering how small those labs are. Awesome guy, by the way. He sent me a really nice follow up email the day after my interview.
 
I'm assuming Stephen, seeing as he just graduated. Turns out we both used to work with the same set of professors from William & Mary and ODU, which I found pretty funny considering how small those labs are. Awesome guy, by the way. He sent me a really nice follow up email the day after my interview.
Stephen is the best!!! I met him at summer VETS a few years ago, then saw him again during my interview, and several times since being here. He's just genuinely nice as has a way of making you feel comfortable.
 
Hey guys, just wondering which part of the day you interviewed at; just trying to see if there's any special logic to the notification order. I was at 10 am with Dr. Eigner and Dr. Cole.

I was interviewed in the afternoon group. If it helps, I was called by my interviewer so it may depend on his/her availability to call you!
 
I don't think everyone who interviews hears back right away! Just a select few but that doesn't mean you won't be offered a position later on!
 
I was in the afternoon group, too, and got called by my interviewer.

Keeping my fingers crossed for those of you who haven't heard yet, whether you're waiting for a final decision or an interview invite.
 
So I'm assuming if the last interview is the end of February then the last invites will be first week of February since they say on their website they give at least 2 weeks before interviews. So there is still hope!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad