UPenn c/o 2020 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've definitely heard this, but I'm wondering where you heard Feb 12th? I'm assuming it'll be February, but I know one year it was the 14th, and last year it was the 6th, so it hasn't consistently been the same. Just wondering who you got your info from so I can decide if I believe it's trustworthy haha

Haha totally understand! I heard it from a friend who is also applying this cycle. I saw Feb 14th on an old thread from last year so I think they assumed it would be the second Friday in Feb again. I'm just glad other ppl have heard of the LA day thing lol

Members don't see this ad.

You all had friends or know people who got invited today?

Haha totally understand! I heard it from a friend who is also applying this cycle. I saw Feb 14th on an old thread from last year so I think they assumed it would be the second Friday in Feb again. I'm just glad other ppl have heard of the LA day thing lol
It actually wasn't the second Friday last year because that was when I interviewed. I think it may have been the first

Members don't see this ad :)
A friend of my classmate received his interview invite either today or yesterday (think it was yesterday) for the 29th. If anyone is curious!

Got an invite for Jan 29th. Hopefully see some of you there!

I've definitely heard this, but I'm wondering where you heard Feb 12th? I'm assuming it'll be February, but I know one year it was the 14th, and last year it was the 6th, so it hasn't consistently been the same. Just wondering who you got your info from so I can decide if I believe it's trustworthy haha
Got an invite for Jan 29th. Hopefully see some of you there!

Are you large or small animal

Dood, I'm surprised by the recent radio silence given that interviews start tomorrow morning. Looking forward to meeting everyone bright and early tomorrow! And now, off to bed like a responsible adult :p Good luck, folks, and may the force be with you!

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck tomorrow everyone!

I may now be making an appearance at happy hour since I'll be heading to my competition Saturday morning since it's actually just out by NBC. Plus, I'm supposed to be done with appointments early and potentially going to a drink or two with a clinician who is leaving next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone with Interviews! Does anyone know if they send out invites the same day as interviews?

The interview experience was great! Really enjoyed how they work the questions into a conversation :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone interviewing on the 22nd?

Reactions: 1 user
Just got in!!! Have never been more excited in my life:p

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats! I'm a big fan of this whole rolling admissions thing once you get the interview. Seems to make the wait a whole lot more bearable.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats, vethopeful!

I got my call this morning, too! So exciting! :clap:

Reactions: 10 users
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!! Does anyone know when next invites will be?

I just called admissions they said they are still sending out notices. What it sounds like is that they are reviewing them as they came in I think. The last interview will be the last friday of feb.

I just called admissions they said they are still sending out notices. What it sounds like is that they are reviewing them as they came in I think. The last interview will be the last friday of feb.
Did they say when last invites would be sent?

Don't mind me, I'm just over here imploding while I wait for the phone call (or lack thereof)... :)

Last edited:
Their website said they would be sending invites out mostly on Fridays? But don't they interview Friday?

Hmmmm interesting. My application was submitted in August and verified a couple weeks later, and I still haven't heard anything about an interview.

Hmmmm interesting. My application was submitted in August and verified a couple weeks later, and I still haven't heard anything about an interview.
Mine was verified the end of October. Haven't heard either.

I actually wasn't verified until almost halloween, but interviewed on Jan 8th, so I'm thinking that they weren't so much reviewed according to verification order, etc.

I actually wasn't verified until almost halloween, but interviewed on Jan 8th, so I'm thinking that they weren't so much reviewed according to verification order, etc.
Yeah I don't think so either. Mine was verified on October 19th so.. Just gotta keep my fingers crossed and hope for good news soon!

Yeah I don't think so either. Mine was verified on October 19th so.. Just gotta keep my fingers crossed and hope for good news soon!

Fingers and toes crossed for you!

It's definitely not based on verification order. I'm sure they go through all the applications first and have their top applicants interview first.

Just kinda been lurking here occasionally, so not fully in the loop. Just wondering... The email they sent out saying they'd received my application made it sound kind of like they'd be sending out rejections as they send out interview invites ("Those applicants whom we believe are less academically qualified will begin to hear from us as soon as we can determine their comparative ranking with other applicants.")... Has anyone been straight up rejected yet?

Hey guys, just wondering which part of the day you interviewed at; just trying to see if there's any special logic to the notification order. I was at 10 am with Dr. Eigner and Dr. Cole.

It is soo odd to hear him referred to as Dr. Cole if you're talking about who I think you're talking about.

It is soo odd to hear him referred to as Dr. Cole if you're talking about who I think you're talking about.

I'm assuming Stephen, seeing as he just graduated. Turns out we both used to work with the same set of professors from William & Mary and ODU, which I found pretty funny considering how small those labs are. Awesome guy, by the way. He sent me a really nice follow up email the day after my interview.

I'm assuming Stephen, seeing as he just graduated. Turns out we both used to work with the same set of professors from William & Mary and ODU, which I found pretty funny considering how small those labs are. Awesome guy, by the way. He sent me a really nice follow up email the day after my interview.
Stephen is the best!!! I met him at summer VETS a few years ago, then saw him again during my interview, and several times since being here. He's just genuinely nice as has a way of making you feel comfortable.

Hey guys, just wondering which part of the day you interviewed at; just trying to see if there's any special logic to the notification order. I was at 10 am with Dr. Eigner and Dr. Cole.

I was interviewed in the afternoon group. If it helps, I was called by my interviewer so it may depend on his/her availability to call you!

PA resident... still nothing. I think I've officially lost faith.

I don't think everyone who interviews hears back right away! Just a select few but that doesn't mean you won't be offered a position later on!

I was in the afternoon group, too, and got called by my interviewer.

Keeping my fingers crossed for those of you who haven't heard yet, whether you're waiting for a final decision or an interview invite.

So I'm assuming if the last interview is the end of February then the last invites will be first week of February since they say on their website they give at least 2 weeks before interviews. So there is still hope!

Finally! Interview invitation for January 29th!

Reactions: 8 users
Did they call or email if you don't mind me asking! and congrats!

Congrats! Did they call or email? Are they doing it alphabetically do you knows? What's your last name start with?

I received an email. My last name starts with K so I doubt it's alphabetical. Also, I'm OOS if that means anything too.

I received an email. My last name starts with K so I doubt it's alphabetical. Also, I'm OOS if that means anything too.
Me too! Haven't gotten anything yet . Last name with an S