This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had my interview Friday the 13th and I still want to throw up waiting for an answer. Did anyone that interviewed on the 6th still not hear back yet/get a rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview Friday the 13th and I still want to throw up waiting for an answer. Did anyone that interviewed on the 6th still not hear back yet/get a rejection?
Same! I'm stressing out because my interview went well but its hard for me to imagine it not going well for anyone because it was so laid back. So idk what basis theyre gonna reject people on

Anyone else heard back from Dr. Grandstaff on the 6th?

Members don't see this ad :)

I got a call today! I'm in :) interviewed with Dr. Henthorn on the 13th

Reactions: 12 users
I got the call at 9 pm last night from Dr. Mann! I was not expecting it that late lol

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when will be the last interview for this year? I wanted to check here before I call them :) Thanks!!

I haven't heard anything since then either. Just trying to keep busy and not think about it too much haha
Nothing here too :/

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when will be the last interview for this year? I wanted to check here before I call them :) Thanks!!

on the website it says interview offers go out from jan. running into feb but no official date
the interview invite will be sent out approx 2 weeks before your interview (mine as sent jan 4 for next friday) so I would wait until at lest mid feb before contacting them because they may still have batches of interview invites to send out.

keep in mind that they dont accept rescheduling of interviews.

How many people are invited to each interview date, if anyone knows? i know the website says they interview approx. 2x the amount of seats. it doesnt matter, just curious

on the website it says interview offers go out from jan. running into feb but no official date
the interview invite will be sent out approx 2 weeks before your interview (mine as sent jan 4 for next friday) so I would wait until at lest mid feb before contacting them because they may still have batches of interview invites to send out.

keep in mind that they dont accept rescheduling of interviews.

Thank you! That's kinda why I am asking: I think the next batch of interview invites will probably be for Feb 10th but I have an exam in the evening of 9th that I don't know if I could reschedule... so I am worrying that if 10th is the last interview day and if I do get an invite then I may be in trouble.

Thank you! That's kinda why I am asking: I think the next batch of interview invites will probably be for Feb 10th but I have an exam in the evening of 9th that I don't know if I could reschedule... so I am worrying that if 10th is the last interview day and if I do get an invite then I may be in trouble.

A vet school interview that can determine your future seems like a pretty good reason to have an exam rescheduled. especially with two weeks notice?
Is it a school exam, maybe talk to the professor and see what can be done if you do get the interview. One time in undergrad, due to snow days our exam was rescheduled for the day before spring break and I had already had a flight so my professor let me take it early.

in the email it will say in bold that requests to reschedule can not be fulfilled so there is proof

A vet school interview that can determine your future seems like a pretty good reason to have an exam rescheduled. especially with two weeks notice?
Is it a school exam, maybe talk to the professor and see what can be done if you do get the interview. One time in undergrad, due to snow days our exam was rescheduled for the day before spring break and I had already had a flight so my professor let me take it early.

in the email it will say in bold that requests to reschedule can not be fulfilled so there is proof

Yea in that case I will definitely talk to the professor and see what can be done. She has a very strict no-make-up-quiz policy, so I should probably just check with her about make-up exams now. Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
you can get some answers by looking at last years thread, I think there was one more interview day after large animal day, but I don't really remember. Also not a guarantee that this year is going to be the same, but it's a pretty good estimate.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a question about the interview style for those who have already gone. Are they not doing one open and one closed interviewer anymore? Is it just one open file interviewer?

Last year it was just 1:1 open review. I have heard this year that they have another person in the room now as well, but just as an observer.

Got an email for a feb 10 interview today

Reactions: 7 users
Last year it was just 1:1 open review. I have heard this year that they have another person in the room now as well, but just as an observer.

Can confirm! Yep- this year it is one person interviewing you (who has definitely read your application) and another person who is an observer.
It wasn't bad, just a little challenging to know who to look at!

Thanks! Good luck to everyone interviewing, and maybe I'll see some of you tomorrow!

No - I am thinking if I still don't hear anything today, it's probably a denial:(

That's what I'm thinking. I've basically accepted the fact that I'll be rejected though. It's just a matter of time

That's what I'm thinking. I've basically accepted the fact that I'll be rejected though. It's just a matter of time
Deep inside me I am still praying that I will heat something this afternoon..

I know everyone keeps saying that Feb 10th is the last interview day, but my friend who applied last year said that she was kept in a maybe pile all the way through April when everyone had to either accept or deny their offer. Perhaps there's still a chance for the rest of us as people turn down their offers??

Reactions: 2 users
I know everyone keeps saying that Feb 10th is the last interview day, but my friend who applied last year said that she was kept in a maybe pile all the way through April when everyone had to either accept or deny their offer. Perhaps there's still a chance for the rest of us as people turn down their offers??
It would be nice if that's the case for this year! So do they not reject everyone that's not invited for an interview on the 3rd?

It would be nice if that's the case for this year! So do they not reject everyone that's not invited for an interview on the 3rd?

im not sure how it works exactly but i imagine they have a waitlist and a rejection list.
do you think its possible that only people who get interviews are waitlisted ?
again i have no idea but i wouldnt give up yet

im not sure how it works exactly but i imagine they have a waitlist and a rejection list.
My friend from last year did not have an interview and was still on the "waitlist". She called them and they told her that they were still considering her all the way to the end. She never actually got a rejection until April.

I don't think so. My friend did not have an interview and was not rejected until April. I also do not have an interview invite as of today but still no rejection either.

Didn't hear anything today, I guess I'll take it as a rejection.
I don't know whether they will have more interviews in March or even April, but interviews are required for admission

Just got a call from Dr. Sertich, accepted OOS!!! Interviewed 1/20, can't believe how quick the turnaround was. I'm so psyched!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted this morning! My interview was 1/20 with Dr. Cole. I'm in state!

Reactions: 5 users
i interview friday. Any one willing to share their interview experience? Should i be doing anything to prepare? i talked about research in my app so i brushed up on current research at penn (i like parasites) but other than that I know my application/experiences/etc so do i really need to do anything other than relax lol.

I just contacted admissions because I still haven't heard anything. They said interview invites supposedly will continue to go out until "mid-february." Rejection letters will be sent out around the same time.

Reactions: 4 users
i interview friday. Any one willing to share their interview experience? Should i be doing anything to prepare? i talked about research in my app so i brushed up on current research at penn (i like parasites) but other than that I know my application/experiences/etc so do i really need to do anything other than relax lol.
Just relax! It was very conversational and super relaxed. They just wanted to get to know you and how you would respond in certain situations. It was not bad at all.

Has anyone heard from Dr Holt from 1/20? I missed a call but idk if the area code makes sense.

It was super conversational! They're required to ask you three questions from a list just to see how you'll answer. Dr. Littman even let me choose them by chance by asking me to pick a number that ended up corresponding to each question. Mine were: what would you be if you couldn't be a veterinarian, describe a time you had to solve and interpersonal conflict at work, and I honestly can't remember the last one. Overall it flowed well!

Prepare to have some questions to ask them, too, because they will definitely give you time for that. I actually had a physical list I had written out the night before and they loved that! That's basically as much preparation as I did. Be prepared to talk about things that were on your application, and you'll do great! Good luck!

It was super conversational! They're required to ask you three questions from a list just to see how you'll answer. Dr. Littman even let me choose them by chance by asking me to pick a number that ended up corresponding to each question. Mine were: what would you be if you couldn't be a veterinarian, describe a time you had to solve and interpersonal conflict at work, and I honestly can't remember the last one. Overall it flowed well!

Prepare to have some questions to ask them, too, because they will definitely give you time for that. I actually had a physical list I had written out the night before and they loved that! That's basically as much preparation as I did. Be prepared to talk about things that were on your application, and you'll do great! Good luck!

so pretty general vet school questions the, thats good! I have friends sgoing to med school and some of their questions were very technical so i was just worried I didn't get anything too in depth like that.

do you mind if i PM you?

so pretty general vet school questions the, thats good! I have friends sgoing to med school and some of their questions were very technical so i was just worried I didn't get anything too in depth like that.

do you mind if i PM you?

I don't mind at all!

Holy smokes Dr. Holt just called me and I got in from OOS! First acceptance!!!

so im guessing it was a normal area code .
just kidding. Congratulations!

are you interested in aquatic medicine?

so im guessing it was a normal area code .
just kidding. Congratulations!

are you interested in aquatic medicine?

Haha it was a NJ area code! Thanks, and yes zoo/aquarium and wildlife hence Cetaceans :). But seriously this was the lowest stress interview process ever. I was chatting with fellow interviewees all day, the current Penn students were all really nice and helpful, and the interview was so painless that the observer had to tell us to stop talking because time was up. Better said than done, but don't be nervous and you'll do great! Good luck!!

Haha it was a NJ area code! Thanks, and yes zoo/aquarium and wildlife hence Cetaceans :). But seriously this was the lowest stress interview process ever. I was chatting with fellow interviewees all day, the current Penn students were all really nice and helpful, and the interview was so painless that the observer had to tell us to stop talking because time was up. Better said than done, but don't be nervous and you'll do great! Good luck!!

makes sense. a lot of people here live in jersey and commute to work, i think marine medicine would be coo. hagfish are both gross and amazingly awesome haha

thank you! maybe we will be classmates in the fall!

I just contacted admissions because I still haven't heard anything. They said interview invites supposedly will continue to go out until "mid-february." Rejection letters will be sent out around the same time.
Thanks for checking!