This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think so. My friend did not have an interview and was not rejected until April. I also do not have an interview invite as of today but still no rejection either.

Hi! I was in the same situation as your friend when I applied back in 2012-2013! I didn't receive a rejection until the first week of April. It was very strange. Crossing my fingers that 2018 cycle I get an interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hi! I was in the same situation as your friend when I applied back in 2012-2013! I didn't receive a rejection until the first week of April. It was very strange. Crossing my fingers that 2018 cycle I get an interview.

Have some folks been rejected by Penn?

I think some people have were rejected very early on, but the rest of the rejections are sent out after all the interview invites are sent which apparently wont be until sometime in Feb.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have some folks been rejected by Penn?

Back when I applied, there was a large wave of rejections in December. Then most in February. However, there were rejections sprinkled in between that time and a handful of people with no answer like me till April. A friend of mine who also didn't get rejected till April that same year luckily applied the following year and was accepted.

its been cold and rainy here all week, i hope its better tomorrow when Im traveling to the interview :( .

good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow, see you there!

What time do they usually send out the email invites?

Reactions: 1 user
I received mine Monday, I interviewed on the 6th as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
so nervous waiting for a decision ! penn is my dream school and IS.

Reactions: 1 users
I got the call about 30 minutes ago that I'm accepted! Interviewed on Friday 1/27 with Dr. Orsini.

Absolutely loved Penn and the people there so much!! I'm OOS

:soexcited::banana:

Reactions: 5 users
So I'm an equine interested applicant who somehow ended up getting an interview on the 10th with the small animal applicants... Anyone who had an early interview know if there will be a chance to visit the New Bolton center while I'm there? My schedule only includes Ryan Hospital.

Didn't get a call yet but still lots of day left ! No email yet so I'm taking that as a good sign

So I'm an equine interested applicant who somehow ended up getting an interview on the 10th with the small animal applicants... Anyone who had an early interview know if there will be a chance to visit the New Bolton center while I'm there? My schedule only includes Ryan Hospital.
This is probably a call the school question.

This is probably a call the school question.
agreed. If you are not on the large animal day, it is not scheduled into your interview day to go to New Bolton. However, if you call, maybe they can help set something up for you that weekend or something..? I'm not really sure how going to New Bolton in general works (haven't had to do much there yet), but I'm sure if you call someone can help direct you.

I got the call about 30 minutes ago that I'm accepted! Interviewed on Friday 1/27 with Dr. Orsini.

Absolutely loved Penn and the people there so much!! I'm OOS

:soexcited::banana:
Congrats ! Did your interviewer call you or someone else ?

has anyone who interviewed friday got a "hold" email yet ?

has anyone interviewed the 13th gotten their official letter yet?

Has anyone who was originally put on hold after their interview received a call about acceptance?

I still have not heard anything back from penn since I applied. I've emailed them plenty of times with no response. I finally emailed the dean two weeks ago and they replied by saying my application is still under consideration. I am freaking out abit because people are getting acceptances and I have not even been offered an interview yet or have been formally rejected. Do you think this means I am rejected? I would assume that rejections would be notified early on, but I could be wrong.

She
I still have not heard anything back from penn since I applied. I've emailed them plenty of times with no response. I finally emailed the dean two weeks ago and they replied by saying my application is still under consideration. I am freaking out abit because people are getting acceptances and I have not even been offered an interview yet or have been formally rejected. Do you think this means I am rejected? I would assume that rejections would be notified early on, but I could be wrong.
I am in the same boat

Just got an email. rejected. IS

Last edited:
Just got the "Hold" e-mail - OOS

Does anyone know by chance is there is an accepted students class of 2021 Facebook page for Penn?

Just got an email. rejected. IS
:( I'm sorry to hear this! I had my fingers crossed for you. I'm IS for OSU and am hoping to hear back from then soon..... and alternate at Cornell (which I think I saw you are, too). So it seems we are in very similar but opposite boats.

Ohio State is a GREAT school- not to mention it will probably be a lot cheaper for you than Penn in the long run with IS tuition after your first year. I hope you're excited about it because you should be. Things will work out for you the way they're supposed to!

Does anyone know by chance is there is an accepted students class of 2021 Facebook page for Penn?

There is! Some current PennVet students started it and tend to add people each week after the acceptances go out!

:( I'm sorry to hear this! I had my fingers crossed for you. I'm IS for OSU and am hoping to hear back from then soon..... and alternate at Cornell (which I think I saw you are, too). So it seems we are in very similar but opposite boats.

Ohio State is a GREAT school- not to mention it will probably be a lot cheaper for you than Penn in the long run with IS tuition after your first year. I hope you're excited about it because you should be. Things will work out for you the way they're supposed to!

im gonna pm you !
and yeah it would have been nice to get in (mostly for my ego and this year is the first ive ever been waitlisted or rejected for any school ever. Even my high school interviewed and i got in lol)

So a hold doesn't mean I'm waitlisted yet right? It just means they aren't going to give me an answer until after a few more interview cycles?

So a hold doesn't mean I'm waitlisted yet right? It just means they aren't going to give me an answer until after a few more interview cycles?

Yes that's exactly what it means - don't give up hope yet!

Correct! That's how I understood it.

I'm in the same boat. I'm kind of loosing hope at this point, but I wish they would just tell me something!

If anyone else is going to be at the large animal/equine interviews this friday, i'll be the short guy with a beard (named Mike). Come say hi!

I'm in the same boat. I'm kind of loosing hope at this point, but I wish they would just tell me something!

I know! I thought they said that we would hear something by February first

Does anyone know about how much students pay for apartments in Philly?

Does anyone know about how much students pay for apartments in Philly?
I pay $630 a month for a huge room in a house shared between 5 vet students. 8 minute walk from the vet school, parking on the street, laundry in the house, and I can have my cat. That doesn't include utilities, but that's usually about an additional $70 per month. This is also the largest room in the house, other roommates of mine are only paying $510 per month. I've heard of people paying up to $800 a month for an apartment, not including utilities. In general, I think rent around here is fairly reasonable, tbh.

I pay $630 a month for a huge room in a house shared between 5 vet students. 8 minute walk from the vet school, parking on the street, laundry in the house, and I can have my cat. That doesn't include utilities, but that's usually about an additional $70 per month. This is also the largest room in the house, other roommates of mine are only paying $510 per month. I've heard of people paying up to $800 a month for an apartment, not including utilities. In general, I think rent around here is fairly reasonable, tbh.
I think I have classmates that pay as low as $400 for a room in a multi bedroom house/apartment, but 500-600 seems average.

Alright thank you guys! I have just heard from other people that living in Philly can be more expensive in comparison to some of the other vet school areas. I was accepted as an ISS for this coming year, but am trying to weigh the cost for all the schools. Even though I am in state, it seems that it is about the same cost as a lot of the other schools.