UPenn Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people interviewing, when did they send you the email with interview details? My interview is this Thursday and I still have not received anything.
 
Does anyone know what chances generally look like for pre-December interviews? I loved the school more than either of the other two I’ve interviewed at so far and I’m praying that my 23 DAT carries me to an acceptance here...
 
Does anyone know what chances generally look like for pre-December interviews? I loved the school more than either of the other two I’ve interviewed at so far and I’m praying that my 23 DAT carries me to an acceptance here...
According to this spreadsheet they interview about 350-360 students and ultimately accept about 135. So 35-ish% chance post interview based solely on the numbers
 
I am wondering anyone status says recieved/application completed more than one month please. I m so worried
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I called them today and they said my application just went under review. So they said I can expect a response in 1-2 weeks or longer. I applied at the end of July.
What did you ask specifically when you called them? Are they okay with people calling to ask about status of application?
 
Yes, I called them today and they said my application just went under review. So they said I can expect a response in 1-2 weeks or longer. I applied at the end of July.
Does your app on AADSAS say Applicant Complete or Under Review?
 
Just out of curiosity, if you interview at the end of November would there a chance to hear back on December 15th or would it be more likely to hear back later? 🙂
 
My application is also listed as app complete rather than under review on AADSAS. Submitted in early July, app complete in early August. Is it worth calling them to ask about the status of my app?

11/4 edit: my status just changed to "under review"
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #4
School:
University of Pennsylvania
Notification date: 11/13//2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: In-state
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/14 ** BUT... my DAT was not verified until 8/6 (thanks 'rona)
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25 AA/ 24 TS/ 24 PAT/ 28 RC / none below 20
Dates available OR your interview date: December 11th; the only two dates they had available were the 10th and 11th
Method of interview: Virtual
 
My application is also listed as app complete rather than under review on AADSAS. Submitted in early July, app complete in early August. Is it worth calling them to ask about the status of my app?

11/4 edit: my status just changed to "under review"
Have you heard anything from them yet?
 
D1 here - Our class size is ~135, so they will ultimately accept more than that since people will turn them down! 4/8 people from my interview day last year are in my class, so they could have even accepted more from just that one day!
I hope so!! This school is my top choice and I am literally sick with anticipation 🙁
 
Wow Upenn is sending rejections rn? I guess I just assumed we wouldn't hear anything until December 15 & beyond.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad