UPenn Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

You guys think there's any hope of the school holding a socially distanced accepted students day so we could see the school?

Members don't see this ad.

You guys think there's any hope of the school holding a socially distanced accepted students day so we could see the school?
I asked them yesterday if there was any hope of being allowed to tour the school and the short answer was no

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
For those who got accepted, has anyone gotten an email or anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Current D3 at Penn. PM me if you have any questions! Congrats on the acceptances!

Has anyone who has interviewed and was not accepted on the 15th heard anything yet? When should we expect to hear anything?

Has anyone who has interviewed and was not accepted on the 15th heard anything yet? When should we expect to hear anything?
I interviewed on the 11th and they told me that we will not hear back until early/mid January due to their holiday break. BUT they did assure me that we should hear *something* before the first round of deposits are due at other schools (so Jan 15th). So... plan to sit tight kids, it's gonna be a wait for sure.

Reactions: 1 users
Does Penn tell you if you got the dean's scholarship in the admission packet?

Dr. Sheridan told me the amount over the phone and it also had the amount in the admission packet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received any interview invites lately? Not sure when Penn is sending more out!

Just got an interview invite but will be turning it down. Hope it goes to you guys!

Has anyone who interviewed in December heard anything back?
Hey! I interviewed in December and have yet to hear back... they did assure that they would most likely be sending acceptances for our group before the 15th so we can at least have the choice / not send $$ elsewhere while waiting for them.

I know this might be a bit silly to ask but I can't help myself.... Any idea what the Class of 2025 scrub colors might be?? 🙄😬😇

I know this might be a bit silly to ask but I can't help myself.... Any idea what the Class of 2025 scrub colors might be?? 🙄😬😇
When I went on a tour last summer they said they recycle the D4 colors for the entering D1’s, so whatever the colors are maybe a penn student can chime in.

the current D4's are wearing Caribbean Blue scrubs -- so assuming that color gets passed down to the D1's next year, that'll be the scrub color

Interviewed in December and got an acceptance yesterday with a scholarship! Don't give up hope!

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed in December and received acceptance Thursday!

Is it common to not receive a scholarship over the phone? Nothing was mentioned when they called me and my packet has yet to arrive so I’m wondering if there’s still a chance that I might receive a scholarship or if it’s unlikely...anyone have experience with this?

Interviewed in December and received acceptance Thursday!

Is it common to not receive a scholarship over the phone? Nothing was mentioned when they called me and my packet has yet to arrive so I’m wondering if there’s still a chance that I might receive a scholarship or if it’s unlikely...anyone have experience with this?
Had to do a double take at the poster. Last year some people got calls days/weeks after their acceptance call with a scholarship offer. Can't speak to the likelihood though

Had to do a double take at the poster. Last year some people got calls days/weeks after their acceptance call with a scholarship offer. Can't speak to the likelihood though
Lol I can see why you did a double take! Thanks for the input!

So... Just received a letter today (January 12) "reconfirming" my interview invite to the school. It was dated December 16th. I never got an initial e-mail or anything before then. Eek! I e-mailed Admissions and hopefully I can still get the interview done soon! Crazy. I've been waiting anxiously to get an interview invite and it turns out it was sent out at least a month ago. Haha. Whoops.
No updates to AADSAS either? Does Penn just do everything via snail mail then?

So... Just received a letter today (January 12) "reconfirming" my interview invite to the school. It was dated December 16th. I never got an initial e-mail or anything before then. Eek! I e-mailed Admissions and hopefully I can still get the interview done soon! Crazy. I've been waiting anxiously to get an interview invite and it turns out it was sent out at least a month ago. Haha. Whoops.
? I got that reconfirmation mail yesterday too but I got the interview invite a day or two after decision day, it said to call them to schedule/pick a date which I did, and then they sent me a confirmation email with the date and details immediately after. Had the interview last week. I'm not sure how your situation happened. I want to say they have the wrong email on file for you which is why you haven't gotten any, but it would be odd that they scheduled you for a date without you calling them, unless the two other dates I was able to chose from had been filled so you were just given the remaining date. Have you gotten emails from other schools? If not, your aadsas email must be entered incorrectly. If yes, then maybe Penn somehow entered the wrong email for you? Odd. Best of luck

For those who have interviewed, how was the experience? I've heard the faculty can be intimidating with tough questions. So if someone feels like sharing their insight I would really appreciate it! Thanks :)

For those who have interviewed, how was the experience? I've heard the faculty can be intimidating with tough questions. So if someone feels like sharing their insight I would really appreciate it! Thanks :)
I personally thought the interview is very laid-back and it's actually my favorite interview this year. Just be sure to know your application really well and be ready to talk about the activities you have done, since the open-file interview can be very specific (I thought this is great because it allows you to highlight your personal growth and insight from the activities). But overall, there is no tricky questions and both faculty I had are really nice and easy to talk to.

Reactions: 3 users
This was my most laid back interview. It didn’t even feel like an interview and I was just able to chat with them! I can genuinely say that your best bet is to show them who you are and loosen up a little! That’s what I tried to do and I was accepted on decision day :)

Reactions: 4 users
I'm posting for a friend who interviewed in Jan (recently)

"Does anyone know when Penn will release their next round of decisions/has anyone who interviewed recently heard back from Penn? Thanks!"

Thanks so much for your insight! 😊 My interview is next week and I’m really nervous. Do you guys have any advice on how to prepare for it?

Does anyone know if you are able to learn and place implants at Penn?

Does anyone know if you are able to learn and place implants at Penn?
No clue, but what you learn in dental school is so inconsequential that it shouldn’t matter and you should pursue residency/CE to really become competent in a particular procedure, especially in placing implants.

Received a rejection letter via mail. AADSAS portal status not updated, and no emails.