UPenn decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Agreed. Here's to the last and best countdown! :thumbup:

I'm so ready for this year's cycle to be over.

ok... so, uh, time to check the status page again. Ok, hmm, still nothing.

Gimme a glitch!

Members don't see this ad.

ok... so, uh, time to check the status page again. Ok, hmm, still nothing.

Gimme a glitch!

Oh my god, please no. After the HMS financial aid page nightmare....*shudder*

(That said, I just checked, and still no change...)

Oh my god, please no. After the HMS financial aid page nightmare....*shudder*

(That said, I just checked, and still no change...)

Mercifully, I was spared having to worry about that debacle (I knew my decision the third week of January). I did get a few grey hairs though the night Northwestern's status page went berserk for half of us right before decisions were released. If Penn's turns a similar shade of fuschia at midnight, I might just stroke out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sheez, I may be overly presumptous by thinking waitlist...

Since from what I've heard, Penn waitlists everyone who interviews (no outright rejections), I don't think you're overly presumptous :D

Here's to not being tier 2! I hope...

edit: oops, sorry foofish, didn't see your above post about no rejections. Uh, uh, I concur with you!

Question for those who have looked into previous years decision release... Did they ever post decisions outside of normal work-day hours? (Am I completely ridiculous getting my hopes up for an auto-post at midnight tonight??)

Mercifully, I was spared having to worry about that debacle (I knew my decision the third week of January). I did get a few grey hairs though the night Northwestern's status page went berserk for half of us right before decisions were released. If Penn's turns a similar shade of fuschia at midnight, I might just stroke out.

It turned *fushia*? How can it be that so many med schools are so...tasteless...about this process?

But not you, Penn, oh, fair, lovely please-admit-me Penn....

Don't they send us an email when it's updated?

They have in prior years. Also in prior years decisions didn't come out until Tuesday or Wednesday. I have the feeling that if they were done on Friday, they would have updated Friday night. Adcom probably still has some housekeeping before letting loose the news...

When I talked to them on the phone, they said they anticipate them to be posted Monday. If anyone doesn't believe me, then call and ask for yourself, I think we would all be glad to know.

ahhh...did they say what time tomorrow? (yes, i know, this is really anal, butu after delaying it for a week, i guess we sort of have the right to be ancy)

Good luck everyone....at least I'll be working tonight...

Members don't see this ad :)
When I talked to them on the phone, they said they anticipate them to be posted Monday. If anyone doesn't believe me, then call and ask for yourself, I think we would all be glad to know.

Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap. :eek:

hm...maybe it knows I'm on Pacific Time. 3 hours then. :cool:

Sigh... 12:03 and nothing... Glad I'm not the only one up obsessively refreshing the website, Jack!

12:08 and nothing and now I feel rather silly for staying up when I have class so bloody early in the morning...Until tomorrow, fellow Penn hopefuls...

It was taking awhile to load and I got my hopes up. Then I realized I just typed in the wrong password. :(

Since we're all so freaked, who wants to sign my petition asking the admins to put Spatulas on a post-hold tomorrow? :smuggrin:

(Just kidding Spatulas, you know we love the excitement all your wolf-crying has added to our lives these past few weeks. ;) )

I can't take post-hold. I may wake up with my OCD at 5 am and check it....

and...

STILL NOTHING!:idea:

Any of you guys think that Penn has taken this long on purpose so they can see where we've all been accepted?

(...it could increase their retention rate if they pick ME....) :cool: :D

If you can't type your password in correctly, I don't like your chances.:)

Anybody want to take bets on the exact release time? (virtual bets with virtual winnings of course). Whoever posts first (with proof) and is part of the pot gets the virtual winnings. Give bet amount and day. Quote and add yourself :D.

Durfen: $5 (Tuesday)

Pot Size: $5

Yeah... there are grumblings (actually, emails sent to current students) in the mudphud forum that Monday is D-Day.

:luck: :luck: all of you!

Anybody want to take bets on the exact release time? (virtual bets with virtual winnings of course). Whoever posts first (with proof) and is part of the pot gets the virtual winnings. Give bet amount and day. Quote and add yourself :D.

Durfen: $5 (Tuesday)
dottore07: $5 (Monday - 3pm if we bet on exact times)

Pot Size: $10

"Penn Med Admissions is currently down for maintenance.
Please check back later"

Has it been like this for a while (I haven't been checking it), or does this mean they're posting?

Whee, I get to find out about my waitlist/rejection today! LOL, it's not the end of the world. At least I'll get some closure. :laugh:

"Penn Med Admissions is currently down for maintenance.
Please check back later"

Has it been like this for a while (I haven't been checking it), or does this mean they're posting?

Whee, I get to find out about my waitlist/rejection today! LOL, it's not the end of the world. At least I'll get some closure. :laugh:

i just tried 10 min ago and mine went smoothly! (8:01 to be exact). Holy crap they are updating them now! AHhh!

by the way, I pick now until 11 am, my guess.

This is craziness.

Did this whole "down for maintenance" thing happen last year?

i just tried 10 min ago and mine went smoothly! (8:01 to be exact). Holy crap they are updating them now! AHhh!

by the way, I pick now until 11 am, my guess.

Grr... Spatulas! I was just about to pick 11 am myself! I'll go with noon I suppose...

I won't be able to check my status until this afternoon (assuming its going up sometime this morning, which it appears to be doing)...good luck guys! :luck:

so after getting that "Penn Med Admissions is currently down for maintenance.
Please check back later" message a couple minutes ago, i tried again and got "access to this panel denied." ahhhh scary. and i'm about to take a pchem test!! i guess i can't find out til 11 at the earliest.

I never understood why these sites need to be taken down while they're uploading scores, admissions decisions, or what have you. It's not like they're going through and updating the HTML or something.

so after getting that "Penn Med Admissions is currently down for maintenance.
Please check back later" message a couple minutes ago, i tried again and got "access to this panel denied." ahhhh scary. and i'm about to take a pchem test!! i guess i can't find out til 11 at the earliest.

blah, same thing here -- I hate the suspense (good luck on your exam, I actually have a p chem test today too!)

Ugh, this is terrifying.

Agreed. I've been waiting for this day for so long, but now that it's here... Sigh... I'm taking a deep breath before every time I refresh the status site. Now a decision really could be there at any moment!

Wait, so did the admissions office say 11 or is it just anyone's guess? Looking like it won't be 9. Maybe 10?

That's my guess. We can split the pool money, even though I guessed first.

Wait, so did the admissions office say 11 or is it just anyone's guess? Looking like it won't be 9. Maybe 10?

I think they guy above had a test until 11 so that's why he said it wouldn't be available to him until then. I'm guessing sometime around 4 pm, personally.

edit: I'd be happy to be wrong, though.

I think they guy above had a test until 11 so that's why he said it wouldn't be available to him until then. I'm guessing sometime around 4 pm, personally.

Are you from Penn?, On the MSTP forum I believe someone stated that the decisions are posted up on the door of the admissions office.... im not sure if its refering just to MSTP decisions though..

edit: I'd be happy to be wrong, though.

Yeah, it could take 'til the afternoon. "Later?" Check back "later?" Seriously Penn, you're killing us...

from a friend, I know for a FACT from last year that emails alerts to students that decisions were posted were sent on 10:15am last year. perhaps we should wait for the 10am-11am window. but then again, last year's email alert to students was emailed on March 22nd, a Wednesday. but this years schedule is definitely delayed and doesnt follow any rules.

someone stated that the decisions are posted up on the door of the admissions office....

Like soccer tryouts?? I was always cut to JV for every sport I played, so I would always wait for nobody else to be standing near the door before I checked it.

I hope I fair better with Penn.

Are you from Penn?, On the MSTP forum I believe someone stated that the decisions are posted up on the door of the admissions office.... im not sure if its refering just to MSTP decisions though..

Nope...I'm a med student at Penn and I just checked for you guys. There is nothing posted anywhere near the admissions office about the decisions. The only thing posted outside the door are the 2007 match list results. Trust me, outside the admissions committee, you guys will be the first to know (on the webpage). I know it's hard, but just try to relax a little bit (and maybe limit yourself to checking the status page once every couple of hours). If I were you, I would unplug my computer (or at least the ethernet cable) and watch a movie or something. That's a good way to distract yourself and kill a couple of hours. Well, in any case, good luck to all of you! Hope to see you all at 2nd Look!