UPenn decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well since today has already started, and Monday we'll (hopefully) hear very early in the day, it's really only 3 days to wait till the moment of truth! (or the moment of continuing ambiguity in the case of waitlist...)

Members don't see this ad.

yomama you're my hero for defying the gods and laughing in their face. in this world, that should only be rewarded with extreme luck.

we'll see what they thought in 4 days!

Members don't see this ad :)
Finaid:

Ok so here's a question. I'm trying to be good and fill out all my financial aid documents, and in following with yomama's spitting fate in the face, I wanted to fill out my information for UPenn, too. How do I do that? There seems to be NO financial aid information on their website and I've heard the term NeedAccess being thrown around but do we need to fill it out? Where does it say that?

Does anyone know where I can find a nice, clear guide of what UPenn financial aid wants from its applicants?

Thanks!

Finaid:

Ok so here's a question. I'm trying to be good and fill out all my financial aid documents, and in following with yomama's spitting fate in the face, I wanted to fill out my information for UPenn, too. How do I do that? There seems to be NO financial aid information on their website and I've heard the term NeedAccess being thrown around but do we need to fill it out? Where does it say that?

Does anyone know where I can find a nice, clear guide of what UPenn financial aid wants from its applicants?

Thanks!

Log into your status page, and there's a financial aid tab which should have all the info you need.

Finaid:

Thanks!

They changed the "financial aid" tab in the status page, and although it is still "under construction," it lists the things you need to submit. Penn does require the NeedAccess form in addition to the FAFSA for need-based finaid. I actually just finished filling out the NeedAccess app last week for a different school -- it's a LONG application (they require "estimates" for the upcoming year and make you retype info from the FAFSA-- not fun). Go to http://www.NeedAccess.org, and once you set up an account, you just select the names of the schools you want the info to go to. According to the status page, Penn also requires copies of 2006 federal tax returns/W2s for students and parents.
I'm not quite as brave as you -- I didn't list Penn on the Need Access form yet....next week, please get here soon!!!!

They changed the "financial aid" tab in the status page, and although it is still "under construction," it lists the things you need to submit. Penn does require the NeedAccess form in addition to the FAFSA for need-based finaid. I actually just finished filling out the NeedAccess app last week for a different school -- it's a LONG application (they require "estimates" for the upcoming year and make you retype info from the FAFSA-- not fun). Go to http://www.NeedAccess.org, and once you set up an account, you just select the names of the schools you want the info to go to. According to the status page, Penn also requires copies of 2006 federal tax returns/W2s for students and parents.
I'm not quite as brave as you -- I didn't list Penn on the Need Access form yet....next week, please get here soon!!!!

im only paying the 15$ if i get in. IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF what a powerful word that ''IF''

thanks guys!

wow, i've been staying away from that status page like the plague (a watched pot never boils), so i had no idea that page even HAD a financial aid tab.
thanks for the help!

thanks guys!

wow, i've been staying away from that status page like the plague (a watched pot never boils), so i had no idea that page even HAD a financial aid tab.
thanks for the help!

OMG, I just checked the status page.

DECISIONS ARE still not to be found. ;) :D

No one is going to believe you when you finally post that decisions actually are up. :p

I have to do this at least once a day. ;)

Today I was walking around pretending what it would feel like to have an acceptance. Sigh. Waitlist here we come baby! woo HOO! (I wish there weren't so many damn Indians applying.. they are fu<king my chances up!)

I have to do this at least once a day. ;)

Today I was walking around pretending what it would feel like to have an acceptance. Sigh. Waitlist here we come baby! woo HOO! (I wish there weren't so many damn Indians applying.. they are fu<king my chances up!)

True. Gotta make the days pass somehow. Freaking out SDNers is one of my favs, too. :cool:

What is weird is that I don't see that many Indians on campus. Maybe it's different in the undergrad classes, but I see mainly East Asians and Caucasians whenever I'm in class or just out and about.

Your acceptance at Duke should give you more confidence! It's a great school and difficult as hell to get into!!!

:luck: :luck: :luck:

I hear you spatula, I really feel like i'm competing with the entire over-qualified over-worked group of south asians. meh!

Members don't see this ad :)
Now that I'm waitlisted at Cornell, Columbia, Johns Hopkins, and waitlisted/rejected from Yale (probably), I am thinking that my chances for an acceptance at Penn are not looking very good for next week. This process sucks. When do waitlists begin to move, and is it all once?

No one is going to believe you when you finally post that decisions actually are up. :p

It's not going to come to that, because at this rate we'll all murder him first. :laugh:

come on guys... 4 days on page 1! We can do it.

It's not going to come to that, because at this rate we'll all murder him first. :laugh:

Well guess what. Its 1:11 am and you better check that status page...

stop staring at the loading bar and hug your pillow/punch a sibling...here come's the news.

I have to stop this I'm totally waitlisted I can feel it, its like an anaconda slowly crunching my ribs and splintering them outwards and my oh my even brown guys have white ribs hmm, always thought they'd be purple or somethin..

Could someone post the URL for the status page?

Now that I'm waitlisted at Cornell, Columbia, Johns Hopkins, and waitlisted/rejected from Yale (probably), I am thinking that my chances for an acceptance at Penn are not looking very good for next week. This process sucks. When do waitlists begin to move, and is it all once?

I'm with you on that one! :(

Waitlists won't move until you put in the effort to move yourself. It sucks, but waiting doesn't mean you sit back and wait for them to come to you. You have to show interest. And they start to move a lot around May 15, when people make definitive decisions.

i just had that waitlist feeling sweep through my bones. Sweet. Just a few more days hopefully.

HAHA. I'm so drunk right now (dracunkuliasis a pre-med might say). so I will take that dare!!! god, I know, this is possibly the worst mojo ever and you don't even know how much I love penn...BBBut I will matchthat dare. check it out honey, allo thread

see you there sara :luck:

I mena, even if I don't get in, at least I will have started the thread. that counts for somehtinfg.

awesome!! i'm so there!

maybe i'm the only one w/ this problem, but i've been telling ppl that penn is my dream school for so long that i'm really afraid of checking on monday not only b/c i'm in love but also b/c i don't want to look like a big loser if i have to tell all those ppl that i just got rejected :(

maybe i'm the only one w/ this problem, but i've been telling ppl that penn is my dream school for so long that i'm really afraid of checking on monday not only b/c i'm in love but also b/c i don't want to look like a big loser if i have to tell all those ppl that i just got rejected :(

that is why i have told NO ONE except for sdners about my freaky/stalkerish obsession with penn. not even my parents!

Okay, so totally trashed here with my non-premed friends and for some reason thought decisions were posted....which they're not (?). Bah. :thumbdown: Ah, well, good luck to us alll!!

PS Also obsessed with Penn, but I dont think Penn knows it...eeek!!!

Does anybody know which day this week decisions are coming out? Are they coming out on the status page? Thanks!

Does anybody know which day this week decisions are coming out? Are they coming out on the status page? Thanks!

The decisions will be posted on the status page. It seems from previous years that UPenn also sounds out an email to all candidates alerting them that their status has been posted.

We don't know what day this week they'll come out, just that it will be "the week of the 26th". Although here's hoping for sooner rather than later... It's been long enough!

I want to post on the Penn Allo thread but I don't want to jinx myself. How stupid is that? So who's going to wait until midnight on Sunday to check the status page? I know I am.

I want to post on the Penn Allo thread but I don't want to jinx myself. How stupid is that? So who's going to wait until midnight on Sunday to check the status page? I know I am.

i hadn't even thought of that.
christ, man. at least it's only 10pm my time.

You know it's bad when you can't wait for the weekend to end!

Less than 2 days till Monday morning!

i hadn't even thought of that.
christ, man. at least it's only 10pm my time.

i mean, yea, this weekend is going to suck balls. all i could think of last night in my drunken slate was how ****ty i'll feel when i don't get in / how great it would feel to get in.

i was looking up penn threads from last year to follow their emotional roller-coaster and i found a cool thread that mixed decisions b/w penn, hop, and harvard.

surprisingly a decent percentage of those that answered the poll got into penn but not hop or harvard. that gives me some hope.

You know it's bad when you can't wait for the weekend to end!

Less than 2 days till Monday morning!

haha true! UPenn was amazing... my first out of state interview and i remember my trip there like it was yesterday. such an amazing place...

good luck everybody :)

I'll bet all my rejection letters that decisions won't be out at midnight Monday. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

If only the had the decency to give us a specific time during which to sit there hitting refresh. Now we'll have to do it for a whole week :laugh:

I HIGHLY doubt decisions will come out on Monday. If decisions had already been made, why not make them available right now? Do you really think they will be making decisions on a Sunday night???

I HIGHLY doubt decisions will come out on Monday. If decisions had already been made, why not make them available right now? Do you really think they will be making decisions on a Sunday night???

of course they won't make it available sunday night. no one is in the office working at that time. but, it doesnt mean we won't check ;)

My guess is the middle of the week. :thumbup:

Well, last year the decision came out on a Wednesday, and if I remember correctly from last year's thread, for the year or two before that it came out on Tuesdays...but Penn, feel free to be early this year. :) (That said, off to refresh the Penn status page a few times...)

Well, last year the decision came out on a Wednesday, and if I remember correctly from last year's thread, for the year or two before that it came out on Tuesdays...but Penn, feel free to be early this year. :) (That said, off to refresh the Penn status page a few times...)

Odds favor Tuesday. I like.

Bribing African military officers and almost being set up by a Lebanese pimp with his 17 year old prostitute has been keeping me preoccupied for the moment from thinking about Penn, but then I just have to ruin it by coming back to check this stupid thread again. Man, waiting sucks!

alright, let's see if my sweet new badass fate-defying signature shows up...

it didn't show up.
did it say that you were part of the class already?

if so, man, did i incite a trend of spitting in the face of fate, throwing caution to the wind and damning bad mojo or WHAT?

edit: Oh, now it's there!

OH MY GOD. ONE MORE DAY! ok probably more than one...

You know, I must say that of all the obsessing-over-XXX SOM-decisions threads I have been on, this one has been the most fun. Here's to all of us getting in to Penn, and having a kick-ass class of 2011. :thumbup:

Less than 5 days to go....

You know, I must say that of all the obsessing-over-XXX SOM-decisions threads I have been on, this one has been the most fun. Here's to all of us getting in to Penn, and having a kick-ass class of 2011. :thumbup:

I can feel the waitlist... and I will be sure to blame it on the overly-ambitious Indian premeds that steal my seat! those bastards! :rolleyes: ;)

Sheez, I may be overly presumptous by thinking waitlist...

I can feel the waitlist... and I will be sure to blame it on the overly-ambitious Indian premeds that steal my seat! those bastards! :rolleyes: ;)

Sheez, I may be overly presumptous by thinking waitlist...

I don't have high hopes either, but I've reached a zen mentality of what happens will happen (frankly, after the other agonizing waits this month, I don't have the energy to do anything else but send Penn good happy thoughts). And word is that anyone who interviewed gets waitlisted and not rejected...although the 2nd tier waitlist seems to essentially be a rejection.

Agreed. Here's to the last and best countdown! :thumbup:

I'm so ready for this year's cycle to be over.