UPitt waitlist questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apps-suck

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know how many people they take off the waitlist? is it rolling too or do we have to wait till after may 15th to hear anything more?

Members don't see this ad.

bump...i would like to know this too!

I would assume you probably have to wait until may 15th as no deposit is required right away. I figure they take a pretty good number off the waitlist as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anybody know if the waitlist is ranked?

chicagomel said:
does anybody know if the waitlist is ranked?
I heard from another applicant that the waitlist was ranked, and that Paula Davis said that letters of intent won't make a huge impact since it is ranked. But I didn't get that info from her directly, so what I heard could be incorrect.

ok, thanks for the scoop! :thumbup:
i still sent one a while ago, just to let them know i was still interested.

bump...any of the other waitlisters hear anything?

apps-suck said:
bump...any of the other waitlisters hear anything?

There are two waitlists, a high waitlist and a regular waitlist. You would know which one you are on based on the letter sent (tells if you are on high). Supposedly all the high waitlist people will get in, and last year some regular waitlist people got in too. The waitlist is ranked to the number.

Paula Davis emailed me that the waitlist is ranked, but they won't let you know where you stand. She said that waitlist movement could begin as early as March, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

do you mind posting what the high waitlist letter said?

apps-suck said:
do you mind posting what the high waitlist letter said?

I dont have it in front of me but...

"The committee has decided to place you on the waitlist; however, your position in this list is high. It is my expectation that your application to University of Pittsburgh will meet with eventual success"

Thats the gist...

registered user said:
Paula Davis emailed me that the waitlist is ranked, but they won't let you know where you stand. She said that waitlist movement could begin as early as March, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

Interesting... I was told that waitlisters wouldn't hear until may 15, but not from davis, so that's good.

Has anyone asked if we're allowed to tag along at the second look?

unfrozencaveman said:
Interesting... I was told that waitlisters wouldn't hear until may 15, but not from davis, so that's good.

Has anyone asked if we're allowed to tag along at the second look?

Nopers, we are out of the running for the Second Look Weekend. For accepted students only. :(

anyone from the waitlist hear anything? any acceptances?

nothing so far.