ti89

10+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2004
Status
I would assume you probably have to wait until may 15th as no deposit is required right away. I figure they take a pretty good number off the waitlist as well.

About the Ads

MrBurns10

Excellent, Smithers
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
www.espn.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
chicagomel said:
does anybody know if the waitlist is ranked?
I heard from another applicant that the waitlist was ranked, and that Paula Davis said that letters of intent won't make a huge impact since it is ranked. But I didn't get that info from her directly, so what I heard could be incorrect.

golftrippy

10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2005
Status
apps-suck said:
bump...any of the other waitlisters hear anything?
There are two waitlists, a high waitlist and a regular waitlist. You would know which one you are on based on the letter sent (tells if you are on high). Supposedly all the high waitlist people will get in, and last year some regular waitlist people got in too. The waitlist is ranked to the number.

hotdog
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2005
Shakedown Street
Status
Medical Student
Paula Davis emailed me that the waitlist is ranked, but they won't let you know where you stand. She said that waitlist movement could begin as early as March, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

golftrippy

10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2005
Status
apps-suck said:
do you mind posting what the high waitlist letter said?

I dont have it in front of me but...

"The committee has decided to place you on the waitlist; however, your position in this list is high. It is my expectation that your application to University of Pittsburgh will meet with eventual success"

Thats the gist...

unfrozencaveman

not a dude
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2005
Miami, FL
Status
registered user said:
Paula Davis emailed me that the waitlist is ranked, but they won't let you know where you stand. She said that waitlist movement could begin as early as March, but I'm not crossing my fingers.
Interesting... I was told that waitlisters wouldn't hear until may 15, but not from davis, so that's good.

Has anyone asked if we're allowed to tag along at the second look?

CuddlyKumquat

simply scrumpcious
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2004
Status
unfrozencaveman said:
Interesting... I was told that waitlisters wouldn't hear until may 15, but not from davis, so that's good.

Has anyone asked if we're allowed to tag along at the second look?

Nopers, we are out of the running for the Second Look Weekend. For accepted students only. :(

NunoBR

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
nothing so far.

About the Ads