• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

UPitt waitlist questions

About the Ads

MrBurns10

Excellent, Smithers
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
www.espn.com
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    chicagomel said:
    does anybody know if the waitlist is ranked?
    I heard from another applicant that the waitlist was ranked, and that Paula Davis said that letters of intent won't make a huge impact since it is ranked. But I didn't get that info from her directly, so what I heard could be incorrect.

golftrippy

10+ Year Member
    Jun 21, 2005
      apps-suck said:
      bump...any of the other waitlisters hear anything?

There are two waitlists, a high waitlist and a regular waitlist. You would know which one you are on based on the letter sent (tells if you are on high). Supposedly all the high waitlist people will get in, and last year some regular waitlist people got in too. The waitlist is ranked to the number.

golftrippy

10+ Year Member
      Jun 21, 2005
        apps-suck said:
        do you mind posting what the high waitlist letter said?

I dont have it in front of me but...

"The committee has decided to place you on the waitlist; however, your position in this list is high. It is my expectation that your application to University of Pittsburgh will meet with eventual success"

Thats the gist...

unfrozencaveman

not a dude
        10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Apr 24, 2005
        Miami, FL
          registered user said:
          Paula Davis emailed me that the waitlist is ranked, but they won't let you know where you stand. She said that waitlist movement could begin as early as March, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

Interesting... I was told that waitlisters wouldn't hear until may 15, but not from davis, so that's good.

Has anyone asked if we're allowed to tag along at the second look?

CuddlyKumquat

simply scrumpcious
          10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Aug 20, 2004
            unfrozencaveman said:
            Interesting... I was told that waitlisters wouldn't hear until may 15, but not from davis, so that's good.

Has anyone asked if we're allowed to tag along at the second look?

Nopers, we are out of the running for the Second Look Weekend. For accepted students only. :(

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.