US News 2006 Rankings here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exmike

NOR * CAL
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got the magazine in front of me.
Looks like the addressed the NIH funding thing by adding a Funding per investigator portion - it accounts for some large movements (bu)

Some noticeable movements

1)WashU back down to #3. I don't know where that guy on that other thread got his "insider info" that WashU was #1 this year. What a troll

2) Case Western moves up to #20 whoo hoo!

3) BU moves up to 28!! huge change

4) MSSM and NYU move down together to 32

5) AECOM drops to 38! Ouch!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• ranks.jpg
    ranks.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 2,119
that washu guy really had people riled up! im surprised with uwash's jump ; tough to move up so much in the top 10

btw just go to borders, its there now.

Members don't see this ad :)
BU 28? I never even considered the school to be that good. Man the regrets for not applying...

hmm just my luck for attending cclcm....we're no 20....wooohooo...not that that means anythign of course...ha ;-)

uclabruin2003 said:
hmm just my luck for attending cclcm....we're no 20....wooohooo...not that that means anythign of course...ha ;-)

BTW from the enrollment figures and GPA/MCAT it looks like they included CCLCM students in the case numbers.

Hey does anybody mind posting 20-50.

exmike said:
I got the magazine in front of me.
Looks like the addressed the NIH funding thing by adding a Funding per investigator portion - it accounts for some large movements (bu)

Some noticeable movements

1)WashU back down to #3. I don't know where that guy on that other thread got his "insider info" that WashU was #1 this year. What a troll

2) Case Western moves up to #20 whoo hoo!

3) BU moves up to 28!! huge change

4) MSSM and NYU move down together to 32

5) AECOM drops to 38! Ouch!

just out of curiosity what is Columbia's rank?

why is it that with each passing year the gap (point-wise) between HMS and the #2 ranked school increases? HMS has 100 points and JHU has only 82?? :scared: :scared: it looks like the research $$ is becoming an increasingly important weight.

Haybrant said:
that washu guy really had people riled up! im surprised with uwash's jump ; tough to move up so much in the top 10

Maybe they started including all the people at the Fred Hutchinson since they all have join appointments at the med school at the UW. That's at least a couple hundred million there. Alternatively, maybe they cut them out of the total faculty count.

I'm not a number *****, but it's nice to see that UCSF moved up in the rankings. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

Could someone post the full list. It sounds like there were some pretty big changes this year. I wonder what is behind these movements.

--LM

Anybody have any idea why AECOM dropped? Also, how far do they go? Do they just rank the top 50, or below that too?

Both UCLA and Baylor rose in the rankings, as well.

exmike said:
I don't know where that guy on that other thread got his "insider info" that WashU was #1 this year. What a troll.

owned

well the value of my education just plummeted. thanks for nothing, usnews.

Haybrant said:
you're a number *****

just playin

:laugh:

Hey--Stanford moved up, too, right?

Tra La La said:
:laugh:

Hey--Stanford moved up, too, right?

I feel stupid answering my own question, but last year, Stanford was tied for #8 with Columbia.

This year, Standford is #8, striaght up.

where is USC (so cal)? and ohio state? when does this get posted at usnews?

I went to USnews.com and the only issue they have is the 2005. I have the premium subscribtion so does someone want to post the link and I'll go get it?

Good to see the UCs are moving up in the ranks ^^

every1blowz said:
Holy crap - UW just owned Stanford, UCLA, and Columbia! ahaha! YESSSS!!

actually UCLA made a nice jump up three spots from last year! go bruins!!

Where did Hogwarts SOM end up ?

did stonybrook make top 50 or is still like 53?

BOHICA-FIGMO said:
online version won't be updated til 1 April :mad:

Hmmm.... Could someone who has the hard copy scan the remaining rankings? I'm sure you'd satisfy hundreds of curious minds...

nona1 said:
Hmmm.... Could someone who has the hard copy scan the remaining rankings? I'm sure you'd satisfy hundreds of curious minds...

word

Good to see Pritzker and UW move up a lil bit.

could someone at least hook it up with northwestern's ranking?

If you look closely, it's set at 20.

the value of my education just became slightly more tolerable. i cant believe BU just jumped 15 spots in the rankings.

is this for real?

Mitro said:
Maybe they started including all the people at the Fred Hutchinson since they all have join appointments at the med school at the UW. That's at least a couple hundred million there. Alternatively, maybe they cut them out of the total faculty count.

We (UW) got a 26.6 million grant from NIH/DOD for one 5 year cardiovascular trial last year. That's a lot of pennies in the bucket.

can someone really just post 20-50 up. I went to my local borders and they didn't have it. it would help a lot of us out. (emike)

nona1 said:
I have serious doubts...
I don't see why it shouldnt be legit, the poster is no troll, the fluctuations from what is visible looks very realistic.

automaton said:
well the value of my education just plummeted. thanks for nothing, usnews.

:laugh: :laugh: very funny quote

every1blowz said:
Holy crap - UW just owned Stanford, UCLA, and Columbia! ahaha! YESSSS!!

WOW!!!!!!! TALK ABOUT WAAAY TOO EXCITED ABOUT THE SLIGHT FLUCTUATIONS OF USNWR!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEE

WOW, the most glaring difference has to be the spread. research $$ must have been bumped up big in the scoring.. 100 to 82? Last year that was the spread between #1 Harvard and #15 Pittsburgh, now the same difference of 100 to 82 is between #1 harvard and #2 Johns Hopkins? give me a break! just once more slice of evidence that the USnews is a horribly overrated, overused, and miscalculated set of guidelines that unfourtunatley dictates where many people end up, and how many people view a given school.

I'm still blown away with that 100-82.. do the people at usnews actually look at the rankings after they make them, cause that just looks ridiculous! look at the first two lines (if you can read them) of the attachment. jhu and harvard are identical for the colums that can be seen, so research $$ must be up to like 50% of the score now or something

It also looks as though Harvard has decided to join Duke and Columbia in chasing Wash U's undisputed number's focus. 11.7 avg MCAT, dang.

Larsitron said:
If you look closely, it's set at 20.

thanx...didnt realize a thumbnail was posted already

twicetenturns said:
It also looks as though Harvard has decided to join Duke and Columbia in chasing Wash U's undisputed number's focus. 11.7 avg MCAT, dang.

Number's focus?

Don't you mean number whorring?

Just kidding! :laugh: