USC vs. UCSF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

breadybread

Reaction score
I would whole heartedly appreciate any input anyone has on which of these physical therapy programs I should attend. I was accepted to USC with a 10k scholarship but of course, UCSF cheaper still, but not by much since I am out of state. They differ in about 30k for me. Any input and explanation is honestly so appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I say UCSF. Cost of living is going to be similar but SF is much nicer than the USC biokin neighborhood, public transit in SF is also 10000x better than LA and you could probably get away with living outside the city and still not even having a car. The USC name isn’t going to help you in PT so it’s not worth paying more. I say the biggest benefit for USC is that LA has warmer weather and less wind. Save yourself the 30k imo. If time and money permits you could always go to the USC open house coming up and see if they can convince you otherwise. I live just outside of LA and have been to SF a million times and would hands down prefer to live in SF. Of course everyone has their preferences but the general opinion around these parts is to go with the cheaper option anyways.

Reactions: 1 user
SF rent will be more expensive for sure. USC has a contract with the olympic trials team so you will have options to make connections at a high level if they still hold that contract (I would assume they do). If you're not interested in orthopedics tho maybe UCSF is the better bet, have a friend who goes there currently and he loves it.

Reactions: 1 user