USC Waitlist Movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
mullnk23 said:
Cam I'm amazed by the positivity you show for this entire messed up process. I hope you maintain that characteristic throughout your life and hopefully it rubs off on others you meet, including me. :D

Thanks!!! I got a call from dean quinn at around 7 tonight....i thought it would be a sorry about the mix-up...it was, but she also offered me a spot at USC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
therefore, i will officially be a trojan :) :) :) :)
you guys have been so awesome with the support....seriously, i can't tell you how many times i would have gone crazy without you guys here to chat with.......and commiserate with :) :)
wow...this has been four long years of application mix-ups, interview nightmares, and overall bad luck...leading to something good that i've wanted for a very long time :)
thank you.......... :love:

Members don't see this ad.

lyragrl said:
My condolences to the folks at HMS

are you jeaulous bicth?

englsih is my three language.....hahaha :p

i ahve to fight people like you all my life...**** off :laugh:

camstah said:
Thanks!!! I got a call from dean quinn at around 7 tonight....i thought it would be a sorry about the mix-up...it was, but she also offered me a spot at USC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you guys have been so awesome with the support....seriously, i can't tell you how many times i would have gone crazy without you guys here to chat with.......and commiserate with :) :)
wow...this has been four long years of application mix-ups, interview nightmares, and overall bad luck...leading to something good that i've wanted for a very long time :)

OM freaking Goodness! Are you lying? Are you kidding?!? CAMMY!!!! OMG! CONGRATS!!! This deserves a thread!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
camstah said:

Congrats! I don't know why I started following this thread, but your trials and trevails really tugged at my heartstrings. That must feel like a huge burden has been lifted being able to stay near home and not have to move cross county to PA. I just can't believe it took so long to receive some love from a Cali school, but better late than never!

Congrats Camstah!

Oh no... now your going to school with Jalby?!?!? .... :eek: ... umm... I'm soooo sorry...

(j/k jalby :p )

Now they just have to take Pixye1 (on the uci wl) and kenshinoro2004 (accept to uci)... :D ... That would make me even happier.
:love:

OMG!!!!! Congratulations!! This is amazing news, and I know you deserve it sooooooo much! I think today was definitely a good day for us! :D :D :D :D

Congrats!! You must be on top of the world :D

Conratulations Camstah! All your perseverance paid off! I too applied to USC a second time around and can't wait to meet you in August. Until then!

Spitting Camel said:
OM freaking Goodness! Are you lying? Are you kidding?!? CAMMY!!!! OMG! CONGRATS!!! This deserves a thread!!!

spitting, you're the best :love:

samurai_lincoln said:
Congrats! I don't know why I started following this thread, but your trials and trevails really tugged at my heartstrings. That must feel like a huge burden has been lifted being able to stay near home and not have to move cross county to PA. I just can't believe it took so long to receive some love from a Cali school, but better late than never!

oh man, you have no idea how big a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders......thanks for following the thread..it must have been all of the positive energy you guys put out there for me.... ;)

TheFlash said:
congrats, cam!!
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Reddly said:
Congrats Camstah!

Oh no... now your going to school with Jalby?!?!? .... ... umm... I'm soooo sorry...

(j/k jalby )

Now they just have to take Pixye1 (on the uci wl) and kenshinoro2004 (accept to uci)... ... That would make me even happier.

ah red....i've been hoping to see you get in off of a waitlist..now it's your turn.............if anyone deserves to get into one of these cali schools, it's you..... :D

hanahbanana said:
OMG!!!!! Congratulations!! This is amazing news, and I know you deserve it sooooooo much! I think today was definitely a good day for us!
hanah, you've been so supportive.....thank you soooo much.....

redstar18 said:
Congrats!! You must be on top of the world
thank you!!!

Tritonsolo said:
Conratulations Camstah! All your perseverance paid off! I too applied to USC a second time around and can't wait to meet you in August. Until then!

really? you're a second timer too??? can't wait to meet you!!!!!!! and thank you so much!!

gosh, i love the world right now :love:

docmemi said:
welllll isnt this good news. why would they call and tell penn state...maybe they want you very soon...especially since you were on hold so long. dont give up cam!! thank G-d everything is okay now.

I KNEW IT!!! IM THE BOMB.

Yayayay!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT :)

So awesome..i'm glad you got in... I seriously wanted you to get in more than i want to get in...though I'd still like to... maybe they will show me some lovin next??? :love:

Congrats Cammy :)

Members don't see this ad :)
camstah said:

It's about time!!!! Congrats Camstah!!

WOW! This should be made into a medical school story of the month or somethin, ABC special type. Congrats Camstah!

camstah said:

Congratulations camstah!!!!! Best of luck to you at USC!!!!! I am so happy for you and hope that this is the beginning of good things for you!!!! :luck:

Here I was thinking you were about to kill yourself when I read you PM. Congrats Cammy, I know you will be one of the absolute best additions to our school next year and know you will absolutely love it. If there was anyone who I wanted to get in, it definately would have been you. Sorry for the plenty of times I told you that you probably wouldn't get in, and who says writing 13048972.23 LOI's to a school wouldn't work.

bluedevilchica said:
CAMSTAH!!! You ROCK!!! omigosh im so happy for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS! im looking forward to meeting you and putting a face with the screenname!

you have to be superhigh right now!! do me a favor and go out and celebrate this!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thanks chica....i AM going to celebrate!!! can't wait to meet you!!!! :D

voltron77 said:
Congratulations camstah!!!!! Best of luck to you at USC!!!!! I am so happy for you and hope that this is the beginning of good things for you!!!! :luck:

thanks voltron...now it's drew's turn to take you off of the list :)

camstah said:
thanks voltron...now it's drew's turn to take you off of the list :)

Thanks camstah. I am so happy for you.....best of luck at Keck....you are going to kick ass.....have fun celebrating this weekend or today if that's the case!!!! Go camstah!!!! :luck: ;)

CONGRATULATIONS Camstah!!!!!! Good :luck: at USC!

i wanted to find out from people on this list. my gpa is a 3.6 at berkeley with double major and i got an 8 (verbal) ,12 (bio) ,13 (phys) on the mcat. what are my chances at usc since i got a horrible verbal score? thanks.

Well, you are right at the average for the people coming in next year on MCAT and GPA.

Jalby said:
Well, you are right at the average for the people coming in next year on MCAT and GPA.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking...I think my gpa might be a little lower than what usc wants (i have a 3.6 and i think the average is 3.7 but not sure). I hope that because I double majored at CAL, I get a little leniency...hahaha. Do people know what USC really wants from their premeds besides clinical exposure and the academic stats. I pretty much ahve the entire summer off and if not, I'm just gonna continue volunteering at the doctors office since thats what I enjoy most doing. By the way, is everyone who's going to USC looking forward to the CAL-SC game this year? I know u guys will stomp all over UCLA...lol.

kenshinoro2004 said:
Bump.. guess i have to take over for Cammy :)

sorry....actually i would have been bumping it, just had to work too much that past couple of days...could barely even read anything on here....

but...bump!!!!

Cammy,

I hope you have been celebrating. So I'll see you on the 9th, which is my birthday btw:)? I am so excited that you will be joining our class. Will you help me with my Farsi?

kenshinoro2004 said:
Bump.. guess i have to take over for Cammy :)
OK, you take over for Camstah, and I'll take over for the camel! :love:
Maybe then, we'll both get where we want to go! :D (ie, me take your spot)

Cammy!!!!!!!!!

This is so awesome! I haven't been on for a couple of days because I was moving to California (yeah, I still have to move to TN after this move) and I get on here and the fit has hit the shan! This is sooooo great! I think you owe me an apology, though...you said you would personally notify me when you got the call. ...and it was only after 13 pages! I thought for sure we were going to make it to 20 before anyone got in. Well, congrats again. I almost regret not going to USC now that you are in. :( BEST luck to you.
-patzan

snowbear said:
Cammy,

I hope you have been celebrating. So I'll see you on the 9th, which is my birthday btw:)? I am so excited that you will be joining our class. Will you help me with my Farsi?

:) that would be like the blind leading the blind...my farsi sucks...even i make fun of it ;) but we can learn together!! tee hee...i still can't believe i got in.....still can't.......

patzan said:
Cammy!!!!!!!!!

This is so awesome! I haven't been on for a couple of days because I was moving to California (yeah, I still have to move to TN after this move) and I get on here and the fit has hit the shan! This is sooooo great! I think you owe me an apology, though...you said you would personally notify me when you got the call. ...and it was only after 13 pages! I thought for sure we were going to make it to 20 before anyone got in. Well, congrats again. I almost regret not going to USC now that you are in. :( BEST luck to you.
-patzan

yeah, you disappeared and didn't post so i thought maybe you were moving to tennessee (that's not how you spell it is it?)......otherwise i totally would have told you!!! figured you'd read it on the usc thread first though, before you'd check your pm's ;) thank you for being so supportive...i'll say it again and again-- you're so darn nice!!!!!!!!!! seriously.......and i was just thinking it's too bad you're not going to usc.....it would have been cool to have you to hang around with :D then again, who knows where you'll decide to do residency...... :) anyway, thanks patzan......you're awesome....

but why are you moving to CA then moving to TN? that's a lotta miles to cover...in just a few months!!!

camstah said:
but why are you moving to CA then moving to TN? that's a lotta miles to cover...in just a few months!!!

Well, we were planning on going to USC, so we told my in-laws that we were going to be living with them for the summer and then we would be living close by for the next four years (only one of five kids remains at home and is now in high school). They were so excited. At the same time, one of my wife's other sisters was moving from California to Utah. We made plans so that we could just take their moving van down to California when they brought it to Utah. Anyway, we basically just wanted to spend some time with her parents because we had promised to live with/close by them. Plans were already set and it would be a bigger hassle to move our stuff into storage in Utah, go on all our planned vacations, and then go back to Utah to move to TN. It was actually cheaper to move down here and avoid rent/storage costs/flights/driving, etc. Anyway, I hope that explains it.

Now that camstah's been accepted who will - BUMP - this thread!?

i'll bump it!! just been busy...working more, and it's my birthday today!!

waitlist :luck: for this thread....

camstah said:
i'll bump it!! just been busy...working more, and it's my birthday today!!

waitlist :luck: for this thread....

:D Happy Birthday! I know you got what you wished for. [hi-five]
Don't worry though the application process for this cycle will soon be over and then you can pass the torch to the waitlist class of 2005. :D

Anyone have any news of late on the USC waitlist movement front?

there should be more movement happening..it seems that the uc's are really starting to move their waitlists....

ok....... this thread is literally disintegrating without camstah!! how sad u guys....... we're now officially on page 8. sc told me yesterday that the waitlist has finally started to move (which we already knew....... yay cammy :D ) but at least they're finally admitting it.......

omigod i don't think i can last till august :eek:

supadupadoc said:
ok....... this thread is literally disintegrating without camstah!! how sad u guys....... we're now officially on page 8. sc told me yesterday that the waitlist has finally started to move (which we already knew....... yay cammy :D ) but at least they're finally admitting it.......

Wait. Who admitted what to who! Where?

supadupadoc said:

They better have admitted some movement, its almost July so it's about time. Now, just for another person to feel its affect and I'll buy it. Next week could be another of those weeks

supadupadoc said:

you can last!!!!!!...look at how many people are getting off of the uc waitlists just this week and last week........the uc's are really moving, so i think usc's is going to really start moving next week.....hang in there...i sooooo know what it feels like........... :luck: :)

camstah said:
you can last!!!!!!...look at how many people are getting off of the uc waitlists just this week and last week........the uc's are really moving, so i think usc's is going to really start moving next week.....hang in there...i sooooo know what it feels like........... :luck: :)
thanks camstah! that actually makes me feel better :oops:

next week's gonna be the week.......... i feel it in m'bones :luck: :luck: :luck:

I'm going to ask to be taken off the waitlist at USC today (hopefully, that will speed things up a little for people who are still waiting).

thanks bananasplit for asking to be taken of the waitlist........ judging by how many ppl on sdn alone have stated that they've withdrawn their sc acceptance and how few ppl have gotten off the waitlist so far they must take a really long time to process the changes...... thus, there must be lots of movement that's gonna start happening soon!!! :D :D

:luck: just my helpful thought of the day :luck:

good luck to all in the coming week !@!@!

Where's the movement at? :confused: :luck: