USC Waitlist Movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
kenshinoro2004 said:
I will be freeing up a spot at ucsd soon...pretty sure i'm picking uci :) So..that might lead to a spot at usc opening...cam its urs first, then mine ;)

hey you'll be classmates with spittingcamel and eraserhead...both of whom changed their original sdn names...

Members don't see this ad.

camstah said:
movie quote quiz of the day:
"Nobody knocks off an old man in my neighborhood and gets away with it. "

what movie?

the answer: "The 'Burbs"

good movie.......

any waitlist movement today? my guess is no.....but maybe it's yes...i could be wrong.....anyone? echo?

camstah said:
the answer: "The 'Burbs"

good movie.......

any waitlist movement today? my guess is no.....but maybe it's yes...i could be wrong.....anyone? echo?

anyone? echo?

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally would have gotten "The Burbs", but the forum was down during my usual viewing hours. Speaking of "The Burbs", there is one scene when Tom Hanks doesn't blink for a full minute! (I think it's right around the time when he says your quote...) It is crazy! Try watching the scene and keep your eyes open with him...very difficult.

Another quote...one of the best movies ever!

"What kind of name is Poon?"
"Commanche Indian."

I'll be giving up a spot at USC this week (I'm an out of state applicant if that matters). I hope one of you get it!!

usdtdc said:
I'll be giving up a spot at USC this week (I'm an out of state applicant if that matters). I hope one of you get it!!

Yay out-of-state applicants!

But do they actually try to replace out-of-state withdrawals with out-of-state waitlisters as I've heard on other threads? Not that I would complain if they do, but it seems pretty unlikely....Jalby?

Lemme look into my crystal ball.........

patzan said:
Another quote...one of the best movies ever!

"What kind of name is Poon?"
"Commanche Indian."

darn right it's one of the best movies ever...."Fletch" is one of my all time favorites.... ;)

camstah said:
darn right it's one of the best movies ever...."Fletch" is one of my all time favorites.... ;)

"mOOOOOOOOOOOn RIVER! You using the whole fist there doc?"

:laugh: :laugh: You rule!

docmemi said:
\good luck on the boards jalbs
Thanks. Only 300 more hours of studying.

Dude, I can't help it-- since this thread has been at the top so much, I've been following it sheepishly. camstah, you're one of sdn's most avid and faithful waitlistees! I wish you the best of luck... I think you, DrJ2B and DocKev/Eraserhead should get some kind of honorary acceptances for being so excited about your respective schools. :thumbup:

I guess this also serves as a bump? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
TheFlash said:
DocKev/Eraserhead should get some kind of honorary acceptances for being so excited about your respective schools. :thumbup:

All 5 of them ;)

TheFlash said:
Dude, I can't help it-- since this thread has been at the top so much, I've been following it sheepishly. camstah, you're one of sdn's most avid and faithful waitlistees! I wish you the best of luck... I think you, DrJ2B and DocKev/Eraserhead should get some kind of honorary acceptances for being so excited about your respective schools. :thumbup:

I guess this also serves as a bump? ;)

hey flash...i accept this lifetime achievement award....thank you britney and mtv.....
i follow some of the other threads too.....because they're at the top.....so i'm still waiting to see some people get into those schools they're hoping for....like a bunch of the ucla waitlist people, the drew waitlist people, etc....it's cool to see it happen.....people are so excited and happy :)
and don't be sheepish about following the thread...answer the movie quote quiz of the day if you know it.....there'll be another one tomorrow.....

camstah said:
hey flash...i accept this lifetime achievement award....thank you britney and mtv.....
i follow some of the other threads too.....because they're at the top.....so i'm still waiting to see some people get into those schools they're hoping for....like a bunch of the ucla waitlist people, the drew waitlist people, etc....it's cool to see it happen.....people are so excited and happy :)
and don't be sheepish about following the thread...answer the movie quote quiz of the day if you know it.....there'll be another one tomorrow.....
True, I hope all the people that are waitlisted somewhere get in (including myself :D ). I'm happy to see lots of sdn'ers getting in to a lot of places. :thumbup:

Speaking of MTV award shows, I thought tonight's Movie Awards were straight terrible.

patzan said:
"mOOOOOOOOOOOn RIVER! You using the whole fist there doc?"

:laugh: :laugh: You rule!

you've got awesome taste in movies.....

Jalby said:
All 5 of them ;)

you know, i bet the server would crash or something if you changed your sdn name....all those posts...
i thought about changing mine for about .28 seconds....but no, i like it, it stays..... :)

TheFlash said:
True, I hope all the people that are waitlisted somewhere get in (including myself :D ). I'm happy to see lots of sdn'ers getting in to a lot of places. :thumbup:

Speaking of MTV award shows, I thought tonight's Movie Awards were straight terrible.

argh....i missed it...guess i'll just have to catch the endless reruns for the next two weeks :p
seriously, i forgot it was on...and i missed the miss universe pageant when it was on too....tsk tsk camstah....i think i was watching bend it like beckham....for the bazillionth time....

TheFlash said:
True, I hope all the people that are waitlisted somewhere get in (including myself :D ).

this seems to work-- :luck: :luck: :luck: for Flash.....c'mon waitlists....

camstah said:
argh....i missed it...guess i'll just have to catch the endless reruns for the next two weeks :p
seriously, i forgot it was on...and i missed the miss universe pageant when it was on too....tsk tsk camstah....i think i was watching bend it like beckham....for the bazillionth time....
Haha, I thought Bend It was actually decent the first time I saw it, and it's gotten progressively worse as I've seen it over and over again. By now I pretty much abhor it. This is probably due to the fact that I hang out with a lot of desi people who do nothing but watch this movie.

Thanks for the :luck: cam :) -- much :luck: back at ya and everyone else on the USC waitlist thread.

lol. I was talking about how he's been extremely excited for like 5 different different schools.

Jalby said:
lol. I was talking about how he's been extremely excited for like 5 different different schools.
:laugh: This is true, but I wish the guy luck anyway. Shouldn't you be resting up for Step I's? Good luck mang.

I am. You guys are just distracting me.

hey y'all, i just had to say that i really admire the attitude and spirit in here. i hope you guys get in!! I SOOO wish that USC's admissions would look at this site and see what kinds of people they have on their waitlist...maybe they do at that, but I really hope that you guys will get in. there's still a lot of time left, and i have heard of many peeps in my class who were accepted last minute (like the week before school started, although i wouldn't wish that on anyone). Hang in there! and if things don't work out, it's SOO their loss. i hope i'll see ya' guys next year!!!

And camstah, i'm rooting for you!! Me and my sis. ;) but i don't think you'll need our luck this time...you've just gotta get in cuz someone like you shouldn't have to go thru this another time! :luck: :luck: :luck: best of luck!

Since this is the last day of the week of USC movement (or lack thereof), can we say we get a mulligan for next week?

mullnk23 said:
Since this is the last day of the week of USC movement (or lack thereof), can we say we get a mulligan for next week?

Do you think this thread will be up to 20 pages by the end of next week? Imagine if the waitlist actually started moving....then there'd probably be 30 pages by next week! I'm ready for the quote of the day, Cam!

Jalby said:

ah.....well, it still almost works...it would actually have been four though :D

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back from USC, especially camstah!!!! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

s vena cava said:
hey y'all, i just had to say that i really admire the attitude and spirit in here. i hope you guys get in!! I SOOO wish that USC's admissions would look at this site and see what kinds of people they have on their waitlist...maybe they do at that, but I really hope that you guys will get in. there's still a lot of time left, and i have heard of many peeps in my class who were accepted last minute (like the week before school started, although i wouldn't wish that on anyone). Hang in there! and if things don't work out, it's SOO their loss. i hope i'll see ya' guys next year!!!

And camstah, i'm rooting for you!! Me and my sis. ;) but i don't think you'll need our luck this time...you've just gotta get in cuz someone like you shouldn't have to go thru this another time! :luck: :luck: :luck: best of luck!

hi vena.....i hope to see all of us at usc next year too!!! thanks for the positive energy!! :) dealing with waitlists is tough....but you're right, there's still a lot of weeks still left....at least five for me (before i've gotta move to PA)......thanks for the :luck: !

tee hee...now it's time for the Movie Quote Quiz of the Day:

A:"Aw, there's Buckingham Palace, kids, that's where the Queen lives and works."
B: "What does she do?"
A: "She queens. And she vacuums."

from an incredibly funny movie....which one??

voltron77 said:
Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back from USC, especially camstah!!!! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

thanks voltron...i keep checking the drew thread hoping you've gotten in...still hoping for you to get in.... :luck: :luck: :luck:

patzan said:
Do you think this thread will be up to 20 pages by the end of next week? Imagine if the waitlist actually started moving....then there'd probably be 30 pages by next week! I'm ready for the quote of the day, Cam!

you really think we can get it up to 20 pages with no movement? yeah, we can...it's at 10 pages, or almost? even with no movement....wow... :laugh:

mullnk23 said:

we were off by a week...it's next week that's the week for movement ;)

bluedevilchica said:
I LOVE that movie! does anyone else think that the guy/soccer coach is hot?
No, but I think Keira Knightley is hot. :love:

camstah said:
thanks voltron...i keep checking the drew thread hoping you've gotten in...still hoping for you to get in.... :luck: :luck: :luck:

Thanks so much camstah! I also keep checking this thread to see if you got any good news from USC!!!! Best of luck to you and have a great weekend!!! :rolleyes:

bluedevilchica said:
I LOVE that movie! does anyone else think that the guy/soccer coach is hot?

yes..well sometimes....like, when he first goes to her house, and her sister answers the door, and he turns around...hot...but when they're at the final soccer match, and she makes the goal, and he screams with his face all scrunched up...not.....

and keira knightley is pretty...

anyway, no one guessed the movie quote quiz..
Answer:
National Lampoon's European Vacation
if you haven't seen it, run to your video store today......

hi everyone........
i have devotedly following this thread and have finally registered on sdn...... i'm on the waitlist too, and just thought you guys should know that this really nice and helpful receptionist at Keck told me yesterday that (a) right now the class is still full so they haven't gone to the waitlist yet BUT......don't panic!!!! (b) SC's list never really moves too much before July and (c) typically anywhere from 15-20% of the class of 160 is comprised of waitlisted ppl, and this year is gonna be the same thing.
so bottom line...... don't expect to see much if any movement during June. if you check out last year's waitlist thread.......there's a link somewhere in this thread...... you'll see that nothing happened till after the first week of July.
good luck!!!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

wow my first official post

supadupadoc said:
hi everyone........
i have devotedly following this thread and have finally registered on sdn...... i'm on the waitlist too, and just thought you guys should know that this really nice and helpful receptionist at Keck told me yesterday that (a) right now the class is still full so they haven't gone to the waitlist yet BUT......don't panic!!!! (b) SC's list never really moves too much before July and (c) typically anywhere from 15-20% of the class of 160 is comprised of waitlisted ppl, and this year is gonna be the same thing.
so bottom line...... don't expect to see much if any movement during June. if you check out last year's waitlist thread.......there's a link somewhere in this thread...... you'll see that nothing happened till after the first week of July.

thanks!!

supadupadoc said:
hi everyone........

welcome to sdn supa.....thanks for sharing the info.....now you can join the official sdn waitlisted club!! :)
that's good news....so at least 24 people will get in.....here's hoping we're all a part of that 24 :luck: :luck: :luck:
but why does it have to be so late in the process? man...after the first week of july is starting to cut it close....

Bumppety bump bump.

Here's to a great week for all you USC waitlisted party people!!!! Camstah, are you just waiting to hear back from USC or are there other schools you are waiting for as well? Any acceptances? Best of luck to you and thanks for checkin' out the Drew thread....I am still holding out hope!!!! :)

voltron77 said:
Here's to a great week for all you USC waitlisted party people!!!! Camstah, are you just waiting to hear back from USC or are there other schools you are waiting for as well? Any acceptances? Best of luck to you and thanks for checkin' out the Drew thread....I am still holding out hope!!!! :)

hey voltron...just waiting to hear back from usc...have an acceptance to penn state.....i hope we see some movement this week (for Drew and USC!!!!)............. :luck: :luck: :luck:
it's only mid-june......there's still plenty of time...... :)

okay....it's monday....the beginning of a whooooole new week....a week of possibility....anything can happen...that phone could ring any time for you guys waiting out there, and it could be someone on the other line offering you a spot...this could be the greatest week ever.... :luck: :luck: :luck:

Movie Quote Quiz of the Day:

"I've got a new life. I'm a new person. I'm changing my name. To Mariel."

what movie?

Hey guys,
i'm a first time poster. i just wanted to let you guys know that the waitlist is moving. i got a phone call from dr. quinn last tuesday. i hope to see all of you guys at usc.
Good luck!

rsa21 said:
Hey guys,
i'm a first time poster. i just wanted to let you guys know that the waitlist is moving. i got a phone call from dr. quinn last tuesday. i hope to see all of you guys at usc.
Good luck!

thanks and congrats!

rsa21 said:
Hey guys,
Good luck!

Congratulations rsa21!!!! Best of luck to you at USC!!!! :luck:

rsa21 said:
Hey guys,
Good luck!
Congrats rsa! Hopefully someone else from here will see you at USC as well.

rsa21 said:
Hey guys,
Good luck!

congrats rsa21!!! that means it's moving!!! :luck: :luck:

rsa21 said:
Hey guys,
Good luck!

btw, when did you interview?

Oh yea rsa, out of curiousity,when did you get a letter saying you were on the waitlist? Thanks!