Using Interfolio for letters of rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tarheelbaby

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been collecting my letters of rec on Interfolio and I plan to use that to submit the letters to AADSAS. I know it works by Interfolio generating a unique email address for every writer and you enter that in the place of the person's actual email address. My question is, by doing this, does that make it so that my letter writers' email addresses are not available to the schools to which I apply? Will this make it so that it's impossible for schools to contact my letter writers for any additional info?

I guess there's a small chance that they may have included their email address at the bottom of their letters, but I obviously have no idea. Is there anywhere else on AADSAS where I can provide their contact info in the event that a school wants to reach out for more info?

Members don't see this ad.

you should ask your evaluators to include their contact at the bottom!

If they care to contact your letter writers, they can simply google them. But believe me when I say they never do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they contact your EC's?
No! Keep in mind they get hundreds of apps. For every applicant that they were interested in, even if they called just one of their contacts at random, it would take hours!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I dont think they reach out, I used interfolio for all my apps.