UTHSCSA Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Congratulations!! what's your stats? and when did you interview?
Thank you!! 20 AA, 18 TS, 23 PAT, 3.8 overall GPA and 3.7 science!! I applied 6/16 and app was transmitted around 7/28!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! Is it safe to assume they've sent the last round of interviews?

Does anyone know who their interviewer will be, and if so, how does one find out?

Does anyone know who their interviewer will be, and if so, how does one find out?
Hi! That information was made available to me on my portal the day of my interview. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Who should I send a letter of intent to?
admission email. they will respond that your app is under review and once the committee makes a decision, you would be notified. idk if sending yet would make any difference though because after your interview, they score you and that score doesn't change no matter what.

I just interviewed today guys. They have mentioned that so far 84 seats have been filled up out of 100 seats. This leaves only 16 seats. However, they said that some students could be holding multiple acceptances and they will send out more offers for the rest of the class after May. During that time, you can only hold one acceptance and they will send out enough offers to fill up the rest of the class. So keep your hopes up!

Reactions: 3 users
I just interviewed today guys. They have mentioned that so far 84 seats have been filled up out of 100 seats. This leaves only 16 seats. However, they said that some students could be holding multiple acceptances and they will send out more offers for the rest of the class after May. During that time, you can only hold one acceptance and they will send out enough offers to fill up the rest of the class. So keep your hopes up!
How many other people were interviewing with you? Thanks

How many other people were interviewing with you? Thanks
18 people including me. They said they interview about 370 students in total. I think about 100 of those are out of state. Statistically speaking, there is a 10% chance of getting in if you are oss and 33.33% of getting in if you are in state. Obviously, this number will be higher since about 1/3 of those accepted withdraw their acceptances. This makes it about 50% for in state and 13% for oss.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got interview invite today for 02/15! Super excited and wanted to know if anyone have tips for interview. This is my first choice and I really appreciate the help!

Interview # 3
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 02/10
Method of notification: Email and phone call
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/14
Application complete date: 10/16
Undergraduate GPA: 3.34c 3.25s
post-bac: 4.0
Master: 3.1 currently
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/19/ 16QR
retake: 20/20/20/20 QR is 19

Last edited:
Read the SDN page for the
Just got interview invite today for 02/15! Super excited and wanted to know if anyone have tips for interview. This is my first choice and I really appreciate the help!

Interview # 3
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 02/10
Method of notification: Email and phone call
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/14
Application complete date: 10/16
Undergraduate GPA: 3.34c 3.25s
post-bac: 4.0
Master: 3.1 currently
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/19/ 16QR
retake: 20/20/20/20 QR is 19
Read the SDN page for the school. The questions on there were pretty representative of what I was asked. Also be sure and have questions to ask them. It is VERY conversational, and you don’t want any awkward pauses. Also, it is closed file and your interviewers will only have read your personal statement. Good luck!!

Read the SDN page for the

Read the SDN page for the school. The questions on there were pretty representative of what I was asked. Also be sure and have questions to ask them. It is VERY conversational, and you don’t want any awkward pauses. Also, it is closed file and your interviewers will only have read your personal statement. Good luck!!
Thank you, I’ll definitely check it out. I heard it was 1 on 2 so you and 1 prof and 1 dental student is that correct?

Thank you, I’ll definitely check it out. I heard it was 1 on 2 so you and 1 prof and 1 dental student is that correct?
It was 2 one on one sessions. One with a faculty member and one with a student!

Good luck on your interview today! Could you let us know if they plan on continuing interviews or if all invites for interviews have been sent out (if they give you this information to you)?

Good luck on your interview today! Could you let us know if they plan on continuing interviews or if all invites for interviews have been sent out (if they give you this information to you)?
Interview for today was moved to next Monday because of snow storm in Texas causing outages

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'll be declining my offer so there are still seats left!

Does anybody know if the interview day on the 22nd will be postponed as well?

Certainly. I'm not sure if they will tell us during the session but if they do then definitely

Do you mind referencing their latest email? I haven't received anything from them since the interview invite. Thank you in advance!
They says that they will update the portal and you should get the zoom and MS team links tomorrow on there. The schedule will go as plan but it looks like they are just having the people who should have interview on 15th be together with the 22nd interview people.

Any OOS students here get accepted? If so, would you be willing to share your stats?

Do you mind referencing their latest email? I haven't received anything from them since the interview invite. Thank you in advance!
"Good afternoon,

Just wanted to let you know, we should be up and running and ready for Monday’s interviews (Feb. 22). Please use the same email and sign into the same online itinerary. I’ll make sure to update the links before Monday.

If for any reason you can’t access the other links, please try a different browser or check your firewall settings OR:

School of Dentistry Main campus Tour

UT Dentistry Center for Oral Health Care and Research Tour

DS2 Video

DS4 Selina Fuentes

DS4 Brian Ross

Technology: CAD/CAM and Implantology https://youtu.be/uEc0f5cHktw

We look forward to meeting you Monday!

So glad to see the sun today! 😊

Sincerely,
Jennifer L. M. Sandlin"

Any OOS students here get accepted? If so, would you be willing to share your stats?
I interviewed a D4 student who came from New Mexico and was able to get one of the last two spots (back in 2017 I believe).

I'm OOS and was accepted Dec. 15th! App submitted early June, 23 DAT, 3.9 GPA, 120 shadowing hours, good amount of leadership positions, research and off-campus job

Anyone know when the next round of acceptances is coming out? Interviewed in January and still waiting to hear back.

They
Anyone know when the next round of acceptances is coming out? Interviewed in January and still waiting to hear back.
They say they’re meeting next week to scores the people who interview today and will let us know. There’s currently around 82-84 students in the class of 2025.

They

They say they’re meeting next week to scores the people who interview today and will let us know. There’s currently around 82-84 students in the class of 2025.
Total how many people interviewed with you today?

Did they tell you how long they plan on continuing interviews?
No they didn’t mention that. But according to previous thread it till end of feb. I don’t know if it’s the same for this year though.

I got an acceptance email today at 10am!

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations!!!
When did you interview and if you can post your stats please 🙂
Thank you! I interviewed January 11th, app submitted first day of July. Gpa 3.62, sGPA something like 3.60? DAT AA 22, PAT 23. I was heavily involved in research and a club on campus.

Last edited:
Thank you! I interviewed January 11th, app submitted first day of July. Gpa 3.62, sGPA something like 3.60? DAT AA 23, PAT 23. I was heavily involved in research and a club on campus.
How did your interview go??

How did your interview go??
I edited to fix that I got a 22 aa, not 23. But I thought my interviews went well! My first faculty interviewer was 10 minutes late but it was still good. She asked a lot about stress management. My second interview with a student went super well, I really enjoyed it and it was essentially just a chill conversation.