UTK Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
8:18 pm! I was surprised I didn't think they would send admissions emails this late
This is so weird... I wonder why only two people on this thread have heard anything and why the time stamps are so far apart. Did you apply for the DVM/MH or DVM/PHD path?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This is so weird... I wonder why only two people on this thread have heard anything and why the time stamps are so far apart. Did you apply for the DVM/MH or DVM/PHD path?

No I didn't, I just applied in the regular admission cycle. I'm not sure why no one else got anything yet! Maybe they send the emails out in groups depending on the interview day? Maybe check last years thread to see if they went out all at the same time

Reactions: 1 users
No I didn't, I just applied in the regular admission cycle. I'm not sure why no one else got anything yet! Maybe they send the emails out in groups depending on the interview day? Maybe check last years thread to see if they went out all at the same time
I'm sorry for all the questions!! Just trying to see if there's a "method behind the madness." What letter does your last name start with?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry for all the questions!! Just trying to see if there's a "method behind the madness." What letter does your last name start with?

S, so I don't think its alphabetical but I just glanced through last years thread for you and it looks like their rejections and interview invites didn't all go out on the same day last year either from what I can tell

S, so I don't think its alphabetical but I just glanced through last years thread for you and it looks like their rejections and interview invites didn't all go out on the same day last year either from what I can tell
Thanks for checking! I was working on that!
I'm hopeful still that I'm not rejected just because so few people seem to have heard anything but we'll see! I got an interview at Auburn so surely that means my application isn't terrible? Idk I'll keep y'all posted I guess!

I'm hopeful still that I'm not rejected just because so few people seem to have heard anything but we'll see! I got an interview at Auburn so surely that means my application isn't terrible? Idk I'll keep y'all posted I guess!

Don't stress yet! They may have just sent out invites for the first day, it looks like a small group of people got emails early last year too. I'm sure its fine!!

I applied for regular admissions as well and my last name starts with a B.

What time is your interview?

I'm in the same boat! Have gotten 2 interviews so far (+1 acceptance to LMU), and I haven't heard anything yet either. Fingers crossed though!

Just got an OOS interview offer for January 21st at 10 am! Received the e-mail at 9:59 AM EST today. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Interview on January 21st! I'm so excited! I might need to move mine as I have an interview at Kansas on January 22nd. Has anyone moved an interview before? How are admissions offices about it usually?
Congrats to everyone who has heard! Best of luck to all who are still waiting to hear- from the email, it sounds like they are going to be sending more invites out very soon!!

Reactions: 3 users
congrats everyone!!! I'm now gonna keep a close eye to my email

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview on January 21st! I'm so excited! I might need to move mine as I have an interview at Kansas on January 22nd. Has anyone moved an interview before? How are admissions offices about it usually?
Congrats to everyone who has heard! Best of luck to all who are still waiting to hear- from the email, it sounds like they are going to be sending more invites out very soon!!
I don't have any experience moving dates with either of those schools, but you could ask one and see if they would, but I wouldn't mention that you have another interview that weekend that's causing the problem. I feel like they wouldn't be willing to move it if it was because of a different interview.

Still waiting to hear back either way - hopefully will get an email today or sometime soon!

Same here, i just want a desicion

Woo first post! Been following all of this for a while, might as well join in. I got my OOS interview invite today - Saturday, sort of odd - for Jan 7.

Reactions: 5 users

I also have a K-state interview that weekend! Haven't heard from Tennessee yet though... :xf:

My inbox is still empty :(

I also have a K-state interview that weekend! Haven't heard from Tennessee yet though... :xf:
Hopefully I'll meet you at K State that weekend! Keep your hopes up for UTK, it seems like they send interviews out in small waves! Rooting for you!

got mine around 6 pm tonight, jan 7! idk why theyre sending them out at such weird intervals

IS ...got an invitation to interview today!! Interview is 1/14. ☺️

Reactions: 4 users
I have an interview in Kansas on Jan 8th and here on January 7th!

Just got my invite. my interview is on January 7th!

I called Deborah this morning to leave a voicemail about my updated email address- imagine my surprise when she answered! Anyway she said they've only touched the tip of the iceberg w interview invites/other decisions. They will not have all decisions out until the 23rd. She said they're sending invites out and will be for the next week or so, so not to worry if you haven't heard back yet.

Reactions: 8 users
The 23rd!!! I hope I get a good early xmax present :p

How is the interview at UTK? I've heard from a lot of people that everyone is super friendly. Do the interviewers review your application beforehand or is it a blind interview? Also, are there any attire guidelines? I just ordered my outfit today since I was excited about all of the 40% off sales at Ann Taylor and Banana Republic, so I figured I'd ask just in case I need to pick up something different. :)

How is the interview at UTK? I've heard from a lot of people that everyone is super friendly. Do the interviewers review your application beforehand or is it a blind interview? Also, are there any attire guidelines? I just ordered my outfit today since I was excited about all of the 40% off sales at Ann Taylor and Banana Republic, so I figured I'd ask just in case I need to pick up something different. :)
The interview is pretty conversational! They do see some of your application - they asked me questions about some of my experiences. You typically have two faculty members and one 4th year student as your interviewers, so your experience will depend on them. I had a wonderful time, one of my interviewers was the professor who turned out to be my favorite this semester, so that was awesome. Some faculty can be intimidating of course, especially since you don't know them. It really is a be yourself kind of interview though. They want to know about you and how you would fit into the class.
Business attire is typical, nothing specific I don't think. I wore black pants, a dark green blouse, and a gray blazer. Most of the ladies seem to wear heels but I walked to the school from my hotel and wanted to be comfortable on the tour so I wore flats.

The interview is pretty conversational! They do see some of your application - they asked me questions about some of my experiences. You typically have two faculty members and one 4th year student as your interviewers, so your experience will depend on them. I had a wonderful time, one of my interviewers was the professor who turned out to be my favorite this semester, so that was awesome. Some faculty can be intimidating of course, especially since you don't know them. It really is a be yourself kind of interview though. They want to know about you and how you would fit into the class.
Business attire is typical, nothing specific I don't think. I wore black pants, a dark green blouse, and a gray blazer. Most of the ladies seem to wear heels but I walked to the school from my hotel and wanted to be comfortable on the tour so I wore flats.
Thank you! Do you think a skirt would be okay, nothing too short, of course?

Thank you! Do you think a skirt would be okay, nothing too short, of course?

When I was in Tennessee for my LMU interview in November it was pretty cold during the campus tour, I would go for pants or maybe have thick tights under the skirt!

Just moved my interview to January 7th at 4:30pm, anyone else going to be there that weekend??

H

How did you move your interview? Did you call?

Called and emailed, I just PM-ed you. Hope you can snatch up the interview date I just gave up on the 21st!

has anyone received a response to the email they sent to confirm their interview? I did not have a conflict for the date I was assigned, but I just want to make sure they know that I am definitely coming lol

has anyone received a response to the email they sent to confirm their interview? I did not have a conflict for the date I was assigned, but I just want to make sure they know that I am definitely coming lol
Deborah Shepherd responded to me within the same day, so maybe call and make sure they got your email?

Deborah Shepherd responded to me within the same day, so maybe call and make sure they got your email?

okay, i just called and left a message. I emailed her the same day on December 9th, but I got my interview invite at 8 pm so I figured she wouldn't respond