UTK Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you everyone for all of your helpful responses!!

I'm so torn... I didn't get into my IS, but I got into a few OOS. I LOVED UTK. Definitely my favorite OOS school. But I have been accepted to another OOS school that is cheaper ( -19k/year). Are there any current students that have an opinion on where I should go?? Many people in my life keep saying "you'll be in debt anyway, go where you want". I'm just not sure that this is the best way to look at it.
Any advice?? Thank you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you everyone for all of your helpful responses!!

I'm so torn... I didn't get into my IS, but I got into a few OOS. I LOVED UTK. Definitely my favorite OOS school. But I have been accepted to another OOS school that is cheaper ( -19k/year). Are there any current students that have an opinion on where I should go?? Many people in my life keep saying "you'll be in debt anyway, go where you want". I'm just not sure that this is the best way to look at it.
Any advice?? Thank you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
19k per year is almost 80k after 4 years and that's without interest factored in. That shold be a huge consideration. While I absolutely love it here, I don't love the debt I'm going to be in (or that I'm already in), and years down the road you can bet that extra debt is probably going to matter more to you than any other factor that might go into your decision.

There are a lot of awesome things about UTK, but I can't in good conscious say there's anything you would get here that yout wouldn't get at another school that is worth that much extra cost.

Should I already have a UTK email set up by now? If so, how do I do that?

Also, I've been looking online for houses to rent and I will hopefully be touring some this weekend after the open house!! I don't know anyone in Tennessee and have no potential roommates so I'm hopelessly looking at 2-3 bedroom places with no one to fill the other bedrooms... If anyone else is looking please contact me. Or if anyone currently lives in a dog-friendly house (preferably with a fenced yard) and is looking for a roommate, let me know! Does anyone know if a Facebook page is coming soon?

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I already have a UTK email set up by now? If so, how do I do that?

Also, I've been looking online for houses to rent and I will hopefully be touring some this weekend after the open house!! I don't know anyone in Tennessee and have no potential roommates so I'm hopelessly looking at 2-3 bedroom places with no one to fill the other bedrooms... If anyone else is looking please contact me. Or if anyone currently lives in a dog-friendly house (preferably with a fenced yard) and is looking for a roommate, let me know! Does anyone know if a Facebook page is coming soon?
Sometime after you sent in your letter accepting your spot you should have gotten an email about setting up your UTK email address. If you haven't gotten it yet they may just be behind schedule, but it doesn't hurt to email/call to see.

As far as the facebook page, that will be set up for you by our class once your class is more finalized, so sometime after April 15th.

Reactions: 1 user
Little late to the party, but congratulations to all of you in the Class of 2021. It's April 20th now, so hopefully everyone who will be pulled from the waitlist has been notified by now, so congratulations to you all!