VA HPSP (Physician)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they say how many scholarships they're offering this year?
No idea unfortunately. They aren't sharing much information with applicants. A bunch of us applied in November and went way past the 1 month application scoring and selection timeline so hopefully it's different for people applying now. Office staff haven't been helpful, so all the alternates are waiting for an update/decision mid April and will not recieve anything until then.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
No idea unfortunately. They aren't sharing much information with applicants. A bunch of us applied in November and went way past the 1 month application scoring and selection timeline so hopefully it's different for people applying now. Office staff haven't been helpful, so all the alternates are waiting for an update/decision mid April and will not recieve anything until then.
I thought it was just me! I also applied in November and didn’t hear anything until March where I was placed on alternate status. I don’t think it’s rolling admissions like it was before, it sounds like they’re changing the way they handle apps.

I thought it was just me! I also applied in November and didn’t hear anything until March where I was placed on alternate status. I don’t think it’s rolling admissions like it was before, it sounds like they’re changing the way they handle apps.
Nope pretty much everyone who submitted before the end of the year had that happen! I guess we will find out in the next couple weeks. I know the va is going through some changes in terms of hiring, layoffs and funding so that could be affecting the program. Hopefully we hear good news!

Members don't see this ad :)