VA Voc Rehab - Has anyone has trouble with a counsilor approving dentistry (Or another career field) because of VA rated disabilities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank206

Reaction score
I know there are endless Voc Rehab threads, but I haven't found anything specific to my issue. I am starting first year dental student and I applied for voc rehab for dental school. I was found entitled to voc rehab but my councilor is denying approval for dentistry because I have a back and neck claim listed as disabilities. Should I request a new counselor to have a different opinion on this?

Just realized I spelled counselor wrong on the title. whoops

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was found entitled to voc rehab but my councilor is denying approval for dentistry because I have a back and neck claim listed as disabilities.
First, thank you for your service. Second, their rejection seems like the right call to me. Their thought is, if you can practice dentistry, your back and neck must not be “disabled.” As a taxpayer who would be paying for your training, I would agree. As a fellow veteran, I sympathize as it’s just one last way the military is screwing you over.

Big Hoss

I know there are endless Voc Rehab threads, but I haven't found anything specific to my issue. I am starting first year dental student and I applied for voc rehab for dental school. I was found entitled to voc rehab but my councilor is denying approval for dentistry because I have a back and neck claim listed as disabilities. Should I request a new counselor to have a different opinion on this?

Just realized I spelled counselor wrong on the title. whoops
I'm not sure you would qualify because if you got into dental school you would no longer be considered a class 5 which to my understanding is someone "In Process" of getting back on their feet

Status
Not open for further replies.