VCU Interview

RCSDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at VCU (my top choice) yesterday (September 27th 2011). I am a post-bach. candidate with: Undergrad GPA/SCI GPA/OVERALL GPA 3.32/3.92/3.52. DAT AA/TS/PAT 20/20/18 w/ 150 hours of volunteering/shadowing.

This was my first interview. I don't think I did badly, but I was nervous so I'm looking back at everything and scrutinizing all my responses, etc. I've heard that if you interview there this early on, you have a pretty good shot of being accepted. I have some very good letters, I'm proud of my stats, and even though I didn't do bad in my interview, I think I could have done better. Should I be agonizing over this?

The first interviewer I had was quiet, but nice. He didn't look at me too often, more or less just looked at my file. Sort of made me feel like I didn't interest him. The second interviewer was more engaging, but I felt like he grilled me pretty hard and tried to make me slip up - I didn't feel like I did slip up, but it kept me really nervous and made it hard to open up. There were a lot of things I wanted to mention but I didn't have the chance to, or forgot to in my nervous state.

Does it sound like I blew it or do I still have a good shot at being accepted?

Thoughts? Can anyone offer any words of wisdom here?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are in in-state? If so you have a great shot. I think you will do fine otherwise. When you say you were grilled, what kinds of question were you asked?

Yes, I'm in state. The first question was something he picked out of my personal statement , others included "what will you do if you don't get in?". He also questioned me about why I wanted to go to VCU if I applied to as many schools as I did (12). He asked tough questions and it felt like he wanted to see if I could reason my way to a good answer and not trip up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who did you interview with? And, yes, if you interview this early it is a good thing. Not a lock, but it's good. Good luck!!

Scotty

Did you have to write an essay?

Did you have to write an essay?

You do have to write an essay and everyone has different questions. The essay is about ethic. No way to study for it.

You do have to write an essay and everyone has different questions. The essay is about ethic. No way to study for it.

The essays are easy and everyone usually passes unless you have no ethics or morals. They are ethical essays like "what would you do if your autoclave broke at your office?" or "what would you do if your LOR from your professor was actually written for someone else".