VCU/MCV Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
a friend called pharmcas they said that vcu will have to let them know by end of the 22nd and they will probably post status on 23rd. They said that your pharmacy designations will say REGULAR ADMISSION status instead of EARLY DECISION if you got deferred... the day approaches... :xf:

Hey should we call?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
o wow...
i guess' if it still says early decision by end of the 23rd.. then we are IN!

HighFavor, how'd your friend find out?? I'm curious to know. I just called pharmcas and they said that we will find out directly through our school whether we are accepted or not. Everytime I call pharmcas I get a different answer...kinda confused. Anyways if anyone finds out anything let us know and lets keep our fingers crossed that we all get in! :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
HighFavor, how'd your friend find out?? I'm curious to know. I just called pharmcas and they said that we will find out directly through our school whether we are accepted or not. Everytime I call pharmcas I get a different answer...kinda confused. Anyways if anyone finds out anything let us know and lets keep our fingers crossed that we all get in! :)

She said she spoke with someone at VCU. I called and they wouldn't tell me anything.

she called pharmcas, so they will update your app in a way that if you click pharmacy designations and can add more schools then you were deferred I believe. Because right now we cannot add anymore schools for our applications to be sent too.

I mean you could call VCU to verify that they have had their decisions sent to pharmcas, and if so that means they should be sending letters, because what else would they be waiting on!?

I mean you could call VCU to verify that they have had their decisions sent to pharmcas, and if so that means they should be sending letters, because what else would they be waiting on!?

I did call earlier and the receptionist said that she doesn't know whether they met yesterday or not because she wasn't in. I do recall her saying that we will hear from VCU before we hear from Pharmcas. At this point I'm confused!:confused:

haha how would we hear before pharmcas!? lol the letters will take forrevvveerrr to get to our homes... ahhh im so scared and nervous now lol

ugh im confused too..

when I called pharmcas they said VCU itself will be changing our statuses online.. now im like huh?

Members don't see this ad :)
wahhhh i just want to knowwwwww :( haha i just thought i would vent because i feel like thats what we are all here for...to listen to each other vent about how ridiculous this is!! :D

Wow UB has already accepted applicants regular decision. Honestly what is the point of Early Decision if the decision does not come early? :rolleyes:

Honestly, this wait is killing me. I'm so anxious to know lol. We've been in limbo forever!!!!!!!!! What to do...What to do?!!!!!! On VCU's website for pharm school it says that they let us know by the date Pharmcas has for ED...so IDK. What do you guys think?!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Honestly, this wait is killing me. I'm so anxious to know lol. We've been in limbo forever!!!!!!!!! What to do...What to do?!!!!!! On VCU's website for pharm school it says that they let us know by the date Pharmcas has for ED...so IDK. What do you guys think?!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:
We should all drive down there with picket signs and riot :p
Really though I don't know. My status didn't change. It's 5 PM October 22nd, the official "deadline" for decisions. Anyone else's status change?

2 friends called vcu they said they have met and decisions will be posted to pharmcas tonight by vcu themeselves and we will receive an email from pharmcas saying status has been updated either tonight or tomorrow pending on computer...

2 friends called vcu they said they have met and decisions will be posted to pharmcas tonight by vcu themeselves and we will receive an email from pharmcas saying status has been updated either tonight or tomorrow pending on computer...
Thanks for the update. So if it keeps saying Early Decision does that mean we are accepted or will it say Accepted? And will we get an email from pharmcas about the status being updated regardless of our decision?

from what i hear, everyone will get an email saying their status has updated just in a generic form, so it will for acceptance and deferrals. Hopefully they weren't lying to the people that called, bc its getting late and nothing so far. As far as what it will say, they both heard different things so thats a toss up. I guess if you can add more schools under pharmacy designations that means you were deferred.. who knows

whooooo got the background check email????? it talks about being conditionally accepted?? and it lists VCU...so WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!!??

I got email too! I hope it means so, I just completed it. I mean it says we were conditionally accepted???

Me toooo!!!!! does this mean I got in???????

oh my goodness i hope so!!! i can't get excited until i see an acceptance letter hahaha....butttt something else makes me think yes is that on pharmcas it says you will only have to do a background check if you are accepted! sooooo i think we are!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D :xf::xf::xf::xf

This is what pharmcas says...

A: The American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) recommends that all US pharmacy schools procure a national background check on you upon your initial, conditional acceptance to pharmacy school. The rationale for performing criminal background checks on accepted pharmacy school applicants is based on a number of issues, including 1) the need to enhance the safety and well-being of patients and, in so doing, to bolster the public's continuing trust in the pharmacy profession, and 2) to ascertain the ability of accepted applicants to complete their pharmacy education and eventually become licensed pharmacists.

Oh wow I got the email too guys. Congratulations everyone :)

i got the email too!!!!
Congrats!

I have a question... So I completed the background report and I didn't see a spot to enter my credit card number. In the notice:
https://www.applicationstation.com/home/studenthelpAP.asp?gotosection=studenthelpAP_howitworks

It says I will need to enter a credit card number to complete the background investigation. Did any of you guys get a screen to enter your card number? Or do you think thats after they complete the check? It seems logical to do it before the check so I hope I did it right...

Congrats!

I have a question... So I completed the background report and I didn't see a spot to enter my credit card number. In the notice:
https://www.applicationstation.com/home/studenthelpAP.asp?gotosection=studenthelpAP_howitworks

It says I will need to enter a credit card number to complete the background investigation. Did any of you guys get a screen to enter your card number? Or do you think thats after they complete the check? It seems logical to do it before the check so I hope I did it right...

I think we don't need to put our credit card info because either pharmcas application fee or VCU pays for this background check.
I didn't see a screen to enter my card number!

I got the email too! Congrats everyone! Now to wait for the official letter and hopefully all of us who got the emails will be part of VCU School of Pharmacy's Class of 2015!!! Looking back at last years applicants, all who were deferred would have gotten the email today letting them know that the school we applied to is no longer considering them for early decision and they are free to apply to other schools.

Thanks pharmlove for the clarification!
Yep now just to wait for the letter... I remember reading in the first Pharmcas email about Certiphi that you get at the beginning of the admissions process (the one where they tell you that we will be using Certifphi and add them to your safe list) that this is the company we use & we'd get an email from them later in the process from pharmacy schools we're accepted to..and it matches up w/what ppl calling have said...so I think we're okay :)

I called a friend of mine and she said you are definitely in unless you committed some sort of crime haha

My heart is beating soooo fast right now.. LOL
I guess gotta wait for the official letter for I can fully celebrate!!

I called a friend of mine and she said you are definitely in unless you committed some sort of crime haha

My heart is beating soooo fast right now.. LOL
I guess gotta wait for the official letter for I can fully celebrate!!

omg my heart was beating superrrr fast too when i first checked my email!! I hope we get the official letter really soon!

Thanks pharmlove for the clarification!
Yep now just to wait for the letter... I remember reading in the first Pharmcas email about Certiphi that you get at the beginning of the admissions process (the one where they tell you that we will be using Certifphi and add them to your safe list) that this is the company we use & we'd get an email from them later in the process from pharmacy schools we're accepted to..and it matches up w/what ppl calling have said...so I think we're okay :)

no prob!!
and yea.. I actually went back through my emails to look for that and indeed.. it did say when we get our 'first or initial' acceptance to a school that is listed under the pharmcas affiliated criminal background check, then we would have to give them a consent form!

:D:D:D:D I guess we'll get our official letters soon!

Has anyone on here been deferred? It seems like all of us got the email, which is good!

Has anyone on here been deferred? It seems like all of us got the email, which is good!

yea im curious about that too but it seems most got the email!
did anyone who interviewed from the 16th get the email too??
hearing back in like a week is pretty nice.. compared to my 4 weeks..

LOL totally!
If they got deferred, maybe they don't want to post :oops:
So I have a question...I have 8 hours of organic chem 1 and 2 done, but I didn't do the lab for orgo 2. Strictly reading the requirements:

Organic Chemistry (6 SH lecture and 2 SH laboratory)
I meet it. lab here = 2 credits. Do I still have to do orgo II lab? It'll be such a pain in the arse lol...labs here are really time consuming...

LOL totally!
If they got deferred, maybe they don't want to post :oops:
So I have a question...I have 8 hours of organic chem 1 and 2 done, but I didn't do the lab for orgo 2. Strictly reading the requirements:

I meet it. lab here = 2 credits. Do I still have to do orgo II lab? It'll be such a pain in the arse lol...labs here are really time consuming...

I say you should take it lol but call to make sure.. if ur getting ur bachelors next semester u might not hav to...
For me im a bit worried about the 35 credits elective requirement.. not sure if food and nutrition and wine appreciation and stuff count or not lol

Yeah, I was in that last ED group on the 16th and I got the same email all of you received. So now, I suppose it'll be the waiting game for the "official" snail mail letter. I can't image how much on pins and needles you guys have been waiting so long to know where you stand.

I say you should take it lol but call to make sure.. if ur getting ur bachelors next semester u might not hav to...
For me im a bit worried about the 35 credits elective requirement.. not sure if food and nutrition and wine appreciation and stuff count or not lol
I am getting my bachelors but in a non-science...so iono..haha I could give you 35 of my credits and still have more than twice that amount left over...lol...I can't believe you guys have wine appreciation as a class!! thats crazy :p

yeah I guess I'll call them when I get the letter cause registration is opening up soon...I hope they send us what's required of us individually in the letters.

I am getting my bachelors but in a non-science...so iono..haha I could give you 35 of my credits and still have more than twice that amount left over...lol...I can't believe you guys have wine appreciation as a class!! thats crazy :p

yeah I guess I'll call them when I get the letter cause registration is opening up soon...I hope they send us what's required of us individually in the letters.

haha yes.. i took wine appreciation last semester.. and believe me.. it was hard haha its more than drinking :p i had to memorize all bunch of stuff and i was like ugh.. what the lol

my classes are all science since I used to be prepharm and now public health lol.. idk i guess I gotta call too just in case I don't get screwed over the summer!

haha yes.. i took wine appreciation last semester.. and believe me.. it was hard haha its more than drinking :p i had to memorize all bunch of stuff and i was like ugh.. what the lol

my classes are all science since I used to be prepharm and now public health lol.. idk i guess I gotta call too just in case I don't get screwed over the summer!
hahaha. yeah that would be a good idea to call!

Also if any of you guys get your letter could you please post. Just so I can know to go back home and deal w/it, cause I won't know since I'm not there now. Thanks :)

Hey guys..

I couldn't wait to call and ask this morning..on top of my questions about prereqs lol

Well.. they have NOT sent the letters yet and they will be in about a week or so.

but we ARE ACCEPTED if you got the background check emails!!!!!

yay!! go class of 2015 :)

Hey guys..

I couldn't wait to call and ask this morning..on top of my questions about prereqs lol

Well.. they have NOT sent the letters yet and they will be in about a week or so.

Congrats guys! Can't wait to meet all of you guys next year!

Hey guys..

Thanks for finding out! I wanted to call today but I got so busy with classes. I'll try on Wed...

and I don't use facebook haha...it is of the devil

I'm wondering if any of you all were in my group. I was in the first group tour around campus, last for writing.

Thanks for finding out! I wanted to call today but I got so busy with classes. I'll try on Wed...

and I don't use facebook haha...it is of the devil

I'm wondering if any of you all were in my group. I was in the first group tour around campus, last for writing.

I doubt I was in your group. I did my interviews first, then tour, then essay. I was also one of the 4 guys at the interview...and a non-tech one too haha. It seemed like everyone there was from tech!