VCU/MCV Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I doubt I was in your group. I did my interviews first, then tour, then essay. I was also one of the 4 guys at the interview...and a non-tech one too haha. It seemed like everyone there was from tech!
Haha that was my group. But I think there were several guys in our group though right. I'm not sure. It's so fuzzy now ... cause vcu took so dang long to notify us lol...were you by any chance a tall guy with curly black hair? I got stuck on the elevator with him and we both went down to the basement twice by mistake...that was the only guy I talked to though lol

Members don't see this ad.

Haha that was my group. But I think there were several guys in our group though right. I'm not sure. It's so fuzzy now ... cause vcu took so dang long to notify us lol...were you by any chance a tall guy with curly black hair? I got stuck on the elevator with him and we both went down to the basement twice by mistake...that was the only guy I talked to though lol

haha...yeah, that was me! That was too funny that day on the elevator, lol. Congrats and I'm glad we're both part of the class of 2015!

I found a group that was already made by someone..

It's called VCU School of Pharmacy Class of 2015!!

EVERYONE SHOULD JOIN :)

I'm in!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys

did any of u guys get letters yet??
i wonder if they even sent them..

weren't you the one who called and they said a week? im assuming if that is true then we wont get it until monday...but knowing how long just finding out we were accepted took..then probably wednesday or thursday

weren't you the one who called and they said a week? im assuming if that is true then we wont get it until monday...but knowing how long just finding out we were accepted took..then probably wednesday or thursday

she said 'probably' in a week soo.. haha just wondering?

I don't attend college in virginia so I won't know about the letters till whenever my parents decide to actually check our mailbox lol

Hi,

Does anyone know how long we have to answer their admissions decisions? I heard that they only give you two weeks.. that is kind of rushed. I feel like we should have until March at least...

Thanks!

Hi,

Does anyone know how long we have to answer their admissions decisions? I heard that they only give you two weeks.. that is kind of rushed. I feel like we should have until March at least...

Thanks!

yea abt 2 wks its cuz vcu goes by rolling app.

do you think they will give you an extension?

she said 'probably' in a week soo.. haha just wondering?

I don't attend college in virginia so I won't know about the letters till whenever my parents decide to actually check our mailbox lol

ohh haha well i will def. post when i get my letter

do you think they will give you an extension?
lol gwenyth...they are not going to give us an extension because we all only applied to this school and we're bound to go because of our early decision status.

Is it fair for VCU to give you until March? Not really because they have to fill up their class too as does everyone else...so all schools give you only 2 weeks to decide...

ohh haha well i will def. post when i get my letter
Thanks :) I'm also not at home and my dumb brother won't call any of us when we get mail

haha...yeah, that was me! That was too funny that day on the elevator, lol. Congrats and I'm glad we're both part of the class of 2015!

I'm in!
Haha yeah that was funny and a lil scary lol. Congrats too :)

Btw to all, I just logged into my email and found the background report was done. I was clear on everything, phew. I'm so glad they don't include speeding and traffic tickets, I was kinda worried about them lol. So I'm releasing it. Hopefully the letter will soon come after it. So you guys can go online and release the report sooner than 11/07 if you want.

Last edited:
o, i didn't apply ED. does that make a difference? lol. I just think it is weird that all schools give you only 2 weeks. I remember college and other schools giving you until May or something to deposit.

lol doesn't make a difference... But isn't that undergraduate only?

Because all professional colleges are like that...dvm, md, dental, probably even mba...they can't accept everyone and have to have a class that gets fuller throughout the year because it takes a lot of time and money to do interviews, etc...And if they left it until May, how would they know how many to reject/defer along the way?

Members don't see this ad :)
o, i didn't apply ED. does that make a difference? lol. I just think it is weird that all schools give you only 2 weeks. I remember college and other schools giving you until May or something to deposit.

I agree with Cloud9. They are working to find the best to fill the ~140 seats out of thousands of applicants. We, as early decision applicants, are obligated to attend when accepted but regular decision applicants still need to make their decision in a timely manner because I'm sure there are plenty of others who would jump on an acceptance to VCU in a heartbeat. Granted, I do think 2 weeks is a bit short. Maybe they'll give you a month or something...but I'm not sure.

They finished my background check in 2 days. I got the email on monday or tuesday stating it was complete and I went ahead and released it. I don't think they'll hold off on the letters but the acceptance is contingent upon the background check so....hopefully we'll get our letters at the beginning of next week.:xf:

Hey! Congrats to everyone that got accepted :D! I have an interview Saturday & I am getting so nervous reading your threads lol, I feel your suspense.. I didn't do so hot on the PCAT but otherwise my stats are pretty good, for those who have been accepted do you mind posting your gps? I hope I have a chance at VCU, it's my first choice school:xf::xf:

PS: it was so sad to get rejected last year:(

Virginia Tech Biochemistry major 3.60
PCAT: 84
Lots of clubs and experience is crucial

Longwood Chemistry major...bio minor: 3.86 GPA
and i have alot of volunteering and worked as a tech

VCU, i feel like, is all about wanting to know you want to help better the world with your education so keep that in mind during your interview...some of my individual scores for the PCAT were low but i think once you get the interview just nail that and you should be fine...def. look up questions and form responses...and look up those questions about hypothetical situations because they loved those haha good luck! :)

Here are my stats...they're not too great and I was accepted. Don't lose hope!

ODU Biology Major: 3.30 GPA
PCAT: 53:eek:
Pharmacy Experience: 2 years as a certified technician
Extracurriculars: Only about 2 or 3 done within the past 2 years
Applied Early Decision and interviewed 9/25 (I thought the interview went very well)

It might have helped that I am a guy too, being that most of the pharmacy class will be females...I know they look for diversity.

Good Luck!:D

Longwood Chemistry major...bio minor: 3.86 GPA
and i have alot of volunteering and worked as a tech

VCU, i feel like, is all about wanting to know you want to help better the world with your education so keep that in mind during your interview...some of my individual scores for the PCAT were low but i think once you get the interview just nail that and you should be fine...def. look up questions and form responses...and look up those questions about hypothetical situations because they loved those haha good luck! :)

Hey! Do you know Dr. Gulgas for O-Chem?? He is AWESOME!! He reminds me so much of Jim Halpert from the office...seriously he looks like his identical twin and his mannerisms are just hilarious! I don't go to Longwood but my dad works in that area and I took O-Chem II w/him over the summer. I just had to get that out sorry :p haha. We had good times in his office. I wanted to tell him so bad that he reminds me of Jim Halpert but I thought he might take offense to that lol.

Chelly, my stats are v. similar to pharmd2be...but I'm a non-science major (point 1 against me) and I have ZERO experience as a tech (point two against me) ... so it can happen!! Did you apply late last year? A lot of people who apply late are viable candidates for acceptance but bc they apply late they don't get a spot. So hopefully since u applied early this year u will get one!!

And thanks CBPharmD for backin me up!! :) Let me know when you get your letter bc I want to leave for vacation early this semester before thanksgiving break starts but I can't go out of the country yet until that letter comes!! :( It is seriously putting a hamper in my plans lol...did anyone hear from VCU on that??

I am SO ready for this semester to end, seriously, I want to graduate already!! :( :) (sad face for this year not being over yet...but happy face for graduating hopefully :laugh:..sorry guys I am like high from too much class today lol..i can't believe it's 11 and I just got in...ugh..I've been there since 11 something am..12 freakin hours...so lame)

Hey! Do you know Dr. Gulgas for O-Chem?? He is AWESOME!! He reminds me so much of Jim Halpert from the office...seriously he looks like his identical twin and his mannerisms are just hilarious! I don't go to Longwood but my dad works in that area and I took O-Chem II w/him over the summer. I just had to get that out sorry :p haha. We had good times in his office. I wanted to tell him so bad that he reminds me of Jim Halpert but I thought he might take offense to that lol.

did anyone hear from VCU on that??

I am SO ready for this semester to end, seriously, I want to graduate already!! :( :) (sad face for this year not being over yet...but happy face for graduating hopefully :laugh:..sorry guys I am like high from too much class today lol..i can't believe it's 11 and I just got in...ugh..I've been there since 11 something am..12 freakin hours...so lame)

one. yea i had him for ochem!!! hahaha and i see him everyday because i am always on the chemistry floor in the science building...and he is in AXE the chemistry fraternity with me ...sooo funnyy ill have to tell him that a previous student of his asked about him ...haha and he def. would not take offense to that..he is so cool...very chill....such a small world

two. i have not gotten my letter yet but i will post asap!

three. ME TOO! it is getting sooo hard to focus which especially sucks because this semester is one of the harder ones....i spend everyday from pretty much 9am to 11 pm either in the science building or library...so crazy...sooo ready to relax for a bit..yay for no friday classes next semester! :) haha

okkk too long of a post...but ill def. tell Dr. Gulgas!

one. yea i had him for ochem!!! hahaha and i see him everyday because i am always on the chemistry floor in the science building...and he is in AXE the chemistry fraternity with me ...sooo funnyy ill have to tell him that a previous student of his asked about him ...haha and he def. would not take offense to that..he is so cool...very chill....such a small world

two. i have not gotten my letter yet but i will post asap!

three. ME TOO! it is getting sooo hard to focus which especially sucks because this semester is one of the harder ones....i spend everyday from pretty much 9am to 11 pm either in the science building or library...so crazy...sooo ready to relax for a bit..yay for no friday classes next semester! :) haha

okkk too long of a post...but ill def. tell Dr. Gulgas!

haha yeah tell him Sarah from last summer who didn't go to Longwood...I think he'll remember me, tell him I got accepted to VCU w/you, he knew I wasn't in the science field. and yeah I'm not suprised he's in a frat with you all, he's so chill lol.

and yeah i definitely feel that, it sucks to be on campus all day. can't wait till it's over! I've been counting down the weeks, so we have 4 not counting thanksgiving...you guys should check in here from time to time to keep us non-facebookers sane lol...

btw which group were you in? Did you have the writing first then tour or tour first then the writing? I'm trying to figure out how many of you all may have been in my group :p

Last edited:
haha yea ill def. let him know ...i was in the group essay first then both interviews then tour last

blahh... they haven't mailed the official letters yet....
so.. i guess we won't get it for awhile... grrrr :(

blahh... they haven't mailed the official letters yet....
so.. i guess we won't get it for awhile... grrrr :(

ahhh what is taking them sooo long?

oh and cloud9 i talked to Dr Gulgas! he knew exactly who you were...he was very excited we both got in and thought it was cool we were going to school together next year

ahhh what is taking them sooo long?

oh and cloud9 i talked to Dr Gulgas! he knew exactly who you were...he was very excited we both got in and thought it was cool we were going to school together next year
Haha thats awesome. He's such a cool teacher. Yeah I hope we all can get to know each other better over orientation :)

Oh actually guys I was wrong, they received their letters last year on Monday the 9th :(

I just got my phone call asking for an interview...have to call them back in a bit since I was doing a MicroBio lab at the time! Not sure what the date is, but I am PUMPED! They only got my pharmcas last week and they don't have my PCAT score...huh.

did anyone get their letters yet?? lol

maximum404, they sometime give out interviews before they receive ur pcay scores. they did the same for me for ED :)

Well, they want me there this Saturday...time to get prepared. Right before an Orgo exam too...sheesh. So after the interview is there an average wait time before I hear one way or the other? I think I read about two weeks, but that may have been about something else.

Thanks for your replies :laugh: & you should all be so proud!! I did apply about the same time last year, I guess last year just wasn't meant to be for me (however I was not planning a degree then)

I had my interview and I think it went pretty smoothly, I'm hoping to find out soon whether they want me or not:xf: Last year I got a rejection letter in like June, I called several times & they just kept telling me that they were still reviewing applications:( Better Luck this year!!!!:luck:

Thanks for the advice :thumbup:

I have a question for those of you who applied to VCU. Did they get back to you right away after your PharmCAS was mailed to say that they received it? My PharmCAS was mailed a few weeks ago and I never heard anything. I'm thinking about calling them and seeing what the deal is. Thanks!

I have a question for those of you who applied to VCU. Did they get back to you right away after your PharmCAS was mailed to say that they received it? My PharmCAS was mailed a few weeks ago and I never heard anything. I'm thinking about calling them and seeing what the deal is. Thanks!

I just called them and found out they don't typically notify people that they received the application. I just wanted to let people know who may have had the same question as me! :)

I just called them and found out they don't typically notify people that they received the application. I just wanted to let people know who may have had the same question as me! :)

yup they don't.

they will call u for an interview.. not sure what the time estimate is for when they start calling.. but it all depends on their number of applicants at that specific time.

Good luck :)

Still no letter...does anybody know if they've even mailed them out yet? Thank god for pharmcas and early decision because it's been a month and a half and we still haven't gotten confirmation from the school about our acceptance. It's true that they're getting slower and slower every year!

Still no letter...does anybody know if they've even mailed them out yet? Thank god for pharmcas and early decision because it's been a month and a half and we still haven't gotten confirmation from the school about our acceptance. It's true that they're getting slower and slower every year!

I called today and they said that the acceptance letters will be sent out at the end of the week so hopefully we will have the letters by the beginning of next week!

hmm when i called on tuesday.. they said the offer packets were 'sent' ... well nothing in the mail soo i guess we'll get it next wk.. mayb they mailed it seperately by interview groups?? idk lol

I called today and she said "I heard they were sending it out tomorrow"

:(

I called today and she said "I heard they were sending it out tomorrow"

:(

i give up lol she emailed me saying that the packet has gone to your campus address instead of your parents address on Tuesday lol i guess they didnt send them yet.. sighhh :(

i give up lol she emailed me saying that the packet has gone to your campus address instead of your parents address on Tuesday lol i guess they didnt send them yet.. sighhh :(

ahhh..so are you saying they weren't sent yet because you haven't gotten it at school yet?? i'm just wondering because I don't always check my mail at school....why can't they just send them!!

ahhh..so are you saying they weren't sent yet because you haven't gotten it at school yet?? i'm just wondering because I don't always check my mail at school....why can't they just send them!!

she said it was send to my campus address because I listed that as my contact preference. cuz at first on the phone Melissa said it would be sent to my permanent home address but it turns out Sonia was the one mailing the stuff to us.

So.. im lost.. i guess i'll have to wait until whenever they decide to actually mail them.

got my official acceptance letter!
Really?? I was at home earlier today but I didn't see anything in the mail...what does it say/ask for if you don't mind me asking and when is the deadline to send in the stuff?
Thanks for letting us know!

my mom called me and said that it was something like congrats you've been accepted...and then she freaked me out because she said the deadline was yesterday...but then my silly mother failed to keep reading when she first read it ..because she was then like ohh oops it says to disregard that deadline because the background checks took longer than expected and the new deadline is DEC 6th! or around then..but def. in early december!

ohhh and it said the deposit is 500 bucks and they need a 2x2 photo

Got my letter today:soexcited:! FINALLY! What's funny is that the letter was dated November 2nd!