VCU/MCV Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my letter today too :)

Members don't see this ad.

Don't forget to update delano's Sticky on your acceptances and school you are attending! I hope I get a letter before Christmas...best Christmas present evar...less $500 and a stamp.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my letter today too, after calling my brother and leaving him a million texts and voicemails lol...it only took him 5 hours to get out of bed and check for me :) Congratulations everyone...and thanks for posting...and thanks pharmd2be2015 for the information! Now I know I dont have to rush and can get to it later this week :) Well I guess the journey is over now, see yall next year! And good luck to everyone regular decision ... and deferred applicants... keep your head up, everything happens for a good reason, trust me.

hey guys..

do u know what the 2X2 photos are for??

just curious.. some schools require and some don't so im like hmm i wonder what they need it for lol

The Virginia Board of Medicine requires them for pharmacy technicians to register in the state, so I would guess that it has something to do with our intern license.

The Virginia Board of Medicine requires them for pharmacy technicians to register in the state, so I would guess that it has something to do with our intern license.

oooo i see.. i thought it would go in our file or something..
nice to know.. thanks :)

I actually thought it would be for the ID cards

Just wondering if anyone has heard back from VCU? I applied regular decision, and interviewed here on October 30th. I know Dr. Reinders said ~4 weeks, so that will be next week.

Nothing yet for me, but I interviewed a couple weeks after you. I don't expect to hear back until after they see my fall grades since I really am not that far along in my pre-reqs and they won't have my PCAT until next week.

has anyone heard anything back from VCU yet? I am starting to get anxious because it has been almost 30 days since my interview. Please let me know if you heard anything at all. thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a feeling that letters will go out the week of Dec 13th...but also keep an eye out for that email from the security company.

I received this 'background check' email that said i was conditionally accepted. However, I had no clue which school this background check was for? and I don't think it says it on the email either. Did any of you guys get the email too? I got it on the Nov 13..

Yeah, that email just means that you are accepted somewhere, you won't know by what college.

I submitted my PharmCAS back in August, and I still haven't heard anything from VCU. Did this happen to anyone else out there?

You have to be interviewed first. There have been three (?or so?) groups of regular admission interviews. Those of us who have interviewed are still waiting to hear back, but it should be before the holiday break (or so they said). They will be doing more rounds of interviews after the holidays.

So, next week could be the week? Does anyone have confirmation that the board meets this week? I believe they do, but I am not positive.

i interviewed at VCU on October 30th and just received my admittance letter in the mail today. so stay patient and positive! because i think it just takes awhile! :)

Congrats!! That is awesome! Getting really excited and nothing to focus on now that my last final is tomorrow!

I submitted my PharmCAS Oct. 25th. Have not heard a thing from VCU. I have double and triple checked their school website, is there a supplemental application that I am missing?! I'm starting to second guess myself since you all are saying that there have been multiple interview sessions already.

I applied for regular admission, just fyi, not early acceptance.

I submitted my PharmCAS Oct. 25th. Have not heard a thing from VCU. I have double and triple checked their school website, is there a supplemental application that I am missing?! I'm starting to second guess myself since you all are saying that there have been multiple interview sessions already.

I applied for regular admission, just fyi, not early acceptance.

The supp. app. is only given out to those that have been accepted to an interview where you turn it in with your fee ($30).

The supp. app. is only given out to those that have been accepted to an interview where you turn it in with your fee ($30).

Does VCU send out rejection letters? At least, one knows there status with the school, instead of waiting for a supp. app.

There are no rejection letters until after the interview.

i interviewed at VCU on October 30th and just received my admittance letter in the mail today. so stay patient and positive! because i think it just takes awhile! :)

Congratulations! :)

I interviewed at VCU on Nov. 13th, and the waiting is killing me!! They tell you to expect 3-4 weeks and this is the fourth week after my interview, but it seems like the reality is around 5 weeks from your wait time. :( How soon did you get the security email? Or did your letter arrive before the email came?

Congratulations! :)

I interviewed at VCU on Nov. 13th, and the waiting is killing me!! They tell you to expect 3-4 weeks and this is the fourth week after my interview, but it seems like the reality is around 5 weeks from your wait time. :( How soon did you get the security email? Or did your letter arrive before the email came?

I know there were a couple VTers there on the 13th, what was your major? I was the ex-Navy guy from Virginia Beach.

I know there were a couple VTers there on the 13th, what was your major? I was the ex-Navy guy from Virginia Beach.

I think I remember you.. dark hair? I'm a Food Science and Technology Major, and also the only one whose dad came along. lol (But I was glad to have him there!) When do you think we'll hear back?

I think I remember you.. dark hair? I'm a Food Science and Technology Major, and also the only one whose dad came along. lol (But I was glad to have him there!) When do you think we'll hear back?

Yep, I remember you. I was hoping to hear something next week. In my case they may wait for my Fall grades though. If people are getting letters now then I am going to assume the board met and made the call, so if I don't hear something before the end of next week then I probably have been placed on hold until the spring.

Yep, I remember you. I was hoping to hear something next week. In my case they may wait for my Fall grades though. If people are getting letters now then I am going to assume the board met and made the call, so if I don't hear something before the end of next week then I probably have been placed on hold until the spring.

We don't get notified regardless?? I assumed they would at least send a letter saying accepted, deferred or rejected.

We don't get notified regardless?? I assumed they would at least send a letter saying accepted, deferred or rejected.

You will only receive a accepted or rejected letter this Fall. If you get nothing you have been deferred.

I also have interviewed on November 13.
It already has been almost a month. It seems that the people, who has interviewed on the same day as I did, have not heard anything yet.
Final is coming up next week and waiting time is just killing me.
Hi you all and hopefully we can hear good news soon.

I also have interviewed on November 13.
It already has been almost a month. It seems that the people, who has interviewed on the same day as I did, have not heard anything yet.
Final is coming up next week and waiting time is just killing me.
Hi you all and hopefully we can hear good news soon.

Hello! :)
I hope we will hear back next week (which will be the 5th week since our interviews!). I am feeling anxious about it too. Good luck on finals everyone!

Hello! :)
I hope we will hear back next week (which will be the 5th week since our interviews!). I am feeling anxious about it too. Good luck on finals everyone!

Quite...I am starting to feel bad for my mailman as each time I hear him filling up the mail boxes I go out to say hi. How many schools have you applied to?

Quite...I am starting to feel bad for my mailman as each time I hear him filling up the mail boxes I go out to say hi. How many schools have you applied to?

I applied to VCU and Shenandoah (and Appalachia on PharmCAS, but I never bothered to turn in my supplemental/fee since it was my third choice). I already interview at and was accepted to Shenandoah... so now I'm just waiting on VCU! I liked Shenandoah a lot, but VCU is my top pick because of the tuition, how awesome of a school it is, and because I think it would be a great experience for me to live in Richmond.

How about you? :)

I applied to VCU and Shenandoah (and Appalachia on PharmCAS, but I never bothered to turn in my supplemental/fee since it was my third choice). I already interview at and was accepted to Shenandoah... so now I'm just waiting on VCU! I liked Shenandoah a lot, but VCU is my top pick because of the tuition, how awesome of a school it is, and because I think it would be a great experience for me to live in Richmond.

How about you? :)

I applied to a slew of schools, but the interviews I've been invited to are in my sig. I actually got an email from the Assistant Dean at VCU today and he said I should hear back before Christmas. :xf::xf::xf:

I have gotten the conditional acceptance, how long does VCU give us to get our stuff together? 2 weeks? What is the min. deposit?

Thanks!

I have gotten the conditional acceptance, how long does VCU give us to get our stuff together? 2 weeks? What is the min. deposit?

Thanks!

Ditto.

Assistant Dean said I'd hear before Christmas.

Ditto.

Assistant Dean said I'd hear before Christmas.

Did you get your letter???! :) Or are you talking about the background check email?

I got the security email last night but I don't know if it's from VCU or Shenandoah! Ahhh... This is killing me.

Did you get your letter???! :) Or are you talking about the background check email?

I got the security email last night but I don't know if it's from VCU or Shenandoah! Ahhh... This is killing me.

It was the email, but I only have interviewed at VCU so...W00t.

It was the email, but I only have interviewed at VCU so...W00t.

CONGRATS!!! :) So I called Shenandoah and they said they hadn't sent out their background check emails yet, so that means it was from VCU!!!!!!! I'm SO elated!! Guess we might be class mates next year, huh? Is VCU your top pick?

CONGRATS!!! :) So I called Shenandoah and they said they hadn't sent out their background check emails yet, so that means it was from VCU!!!!!!! I'm SO elated!! Guess we might be class mates next year, huh? Is VCU your top pick?

Yep! Once I have the letter in hand I'll have to call all my other schools and cancel all my interviews. I am very excited! I'll be doing some house hunting during spring break and will be moving over that way early August. My AIM is Maximum404 if you'd like to talk real-time.

Is there an easier way to do the 2x2 photo? I've tried resizing on photoshop, but I was wondering how you all did it.

I got invite for interview next month. For those who got accepted and been through the interview, would you guys please share with me your advices about the interview process??? I heard they ask you to write an essay at the end of the interview. Is that correct? Thanks a lot.