VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

For those who interviewed, what time range does the interviews fall between? or what was the latest anyone interviewed? Im trying to see if i should reschedule or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you I’m so excited!! It is this Thursday
Congrats and good luck! Please report back on here anything they might share about how full theclass is, when more offers might go out, when more interview invites may go out....you are our best shot at some info! ;)

Reactions: 1 users
For those who interviewed, what time range does the interviews fall between? or what was the latest anyone interviewed? Im trying to see if i should reschedule or not.
In the email they sent me, they said that the interview will take around 20-30 minutes and we can keep some manual dexterity things nearby if we want to share (artwork, carvings, etc.). :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I will let you know if they mention anything!! Today is just a 1 on 1 interview, there is a day next month with presentations etc so that day might have more info provided
Congrats and good luck! Please report back on here anything they might share about how full theclass is, when more offers might go out, when more interview invites may go out....you are our best shot at some info! ;)

they expect end of February for more acceptances

Does anyone know it it’s possible to get in state tuition after a year?

Does anyone know it it’s possible to get in state tuition after a year?
It is possible but a very difficult process. I have talked to people in the financial aid office as well as the only student to successfully do it within the last few years.

Reactions: 1 user
thank you for asking! omg I honestly was expecting early Feb like my other post-Dec interviews. Good luck to us 😊
Yes, thank you. Last year it was early Feb for second batch of acceptances, so I was thinking maybe mid-Feb , but LATE Feb...UGH. This is a loooong process made even longer by COVID.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea how many spots are left open?
No idea whatsoever but I'm getting nervous about timing here. VCU is my first choice and I have not been to two of the other schools I've been accepted to to actually see them, which I feel the need to do if I'm spending a quarter of million dollars with such school over the next 4 years. Hoping not to have to travel in the Covid environment but if I don't hear from VCU pretty darn quick here (interviewed in early November) I'm going to have to get on a plane and start looking before I plunk down a big (for me now) second deposit somewhere on March 15. Anyone have any news on the timing of additional IS acceptances?

Last edited:
Haven't heard a peep from VCU since submitting my secondary back in August. Kind of getting nervous with how late it is in the cycle and some schools are finishing up with interviews.

Same. Submitted supplemental in September. No word since. Hope I'm still being considered for an interview

I emailed the admissions office a letter of interest a week ago (2/8) and they attached it to my application for review. So I'm considering they might still be reviewing applications at this moment. But who knows, I could be totally wrong!

Last edited:
Anyone has any idea how many seats are left based on FB group?
Hey! I’m a current D.5 (meaning I will be in the upcoming D1 class) and the Facebook group has 83 members, but so many of them are current students who want to post about apartments that are available etc. it’s really hard to say! I’ve heard from my classmate that most of the in-state seats are taken, but I don’t know for sure. If I find out anything else, I will keep you guys updated. If you haven’t heard by now, I would email VCU and let them know you are still interested! Has anyone received a D.5 acceptance?

Attachments

• DDFDE3A4-4FA0-49F5-B84C-FEC1F7FC6007.png
    DDFDE3A4-4FA0-49F5-B84C-FEC1F7FC6007.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 136
Hey! I’m a current D.5 (meaning I will be in the upcoming D1 class) and the Facebook group has 83 members, but so many of them are current students who want to post about apartments that are available etc. it’s really hard to say! I’ve heard from my classmate that most of the in-state seats are taken, but I don’t know for sure. If I find out anything else, I will keep you guys updated. If you haven’t heard by now, I would email VCU and let them know you are still interested! Has anyone received a D.5 acceptance?
how do you get notified for the d5 program? Also do you have to have had interviewed at VCU for the d5 program? And usually when do this offers get sent out?

how do you get notified for the d5 program? Also do you have to have had interviewed at VCU for the d5 program? And usually when do this offers get sent out?
Yes, you get notified via email just like a regular acceptance except it says “VCU D.5 Acceptance.” I got my acceptance around this time last year. And yes, you have to have had an interview at VCU. There’s only a small group of d5s usually— my class only has 6 of us!!

Does anyone know when we might be hearing back for the second round of acceptances?

At January interview they said end of feb/early March for last round of acceptances. Currently have 2/3 filled

does anyone know if VCU is done interviewing? Will there be more interview sessions?
I sent an update via email and admissions wrote back that the committee just completed a round of interviews and will be meeting late Feb/early March to make their second round of decisions. So depending on how many acceptances they hand out, more interview invites may be sent out.

I sent an update via email and admissions wrote back that the committee just completed a round of interviews and will be meeting late Feb/early March to make their second round of decisions. So depending on how many acceptances they hand out, more interview invites may be sent out.
interesting..thank you so much for letting me know :thumbup:

I interviewed during the last round on February 12th and 19th and the admissions committee told us they would be sending out decisions sometime this week. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for sharing that info. Really appreciate it!

Hi did anyone actually hear if they’re on the waitlist? I interviewed in the fall and didn’t hear back on dec 15 but they couldn’t tell me my status. Based on what they said at the interview, I assumed that meant waitlist. I sent a letter of interest too, but now I’m wondering if anyone has actually gotten an official waitlist email/ call??

Hi did anyone actually hear if they’re on the waitlist? I interviewed in the fall and didn’t hear back on dec 15 but they couldn’t tell me my status. Based on what they said at the interview, I assumed that meant waitlist. I sent a letter of interest too, but now I’m wondering if anyone has actually gotten an official waitlist email/ call??
Same here. I never heard anything.

did anyone contact admission office about the timeline that they will send out the next batch of admissions? I know they said late Feb or early March
I attended presentation day on feb 19th and we were told that a decision would be made, and we would be notified within 2 weeks. the admissions committee was scheduled to meet the last week of feb. we should hear back today or tomorrow

Has anyone tried calling the admissions office? I haven't heard anything back from VCU since submitting a letter of interest at the beginning of February...

Has anyone gotten the acceptance letter? Someone please call the admissions :(

One consideration is they might be waiting until after the 15th which is when the second deposit is due and a ton of spots will get opened and shuffled around
I also interviewed with this second cohort

Last edited:
True, but they told people interviewing they would send offers in late Feb, early March (post #132, 134, 141) so I'm a "confused applicant" too.

Last edited:
I just emailed the admissions, hopefully they will respond back.
If someone wants to call, here is the phone number: (804) 828-9196

Did you hear back? I called a couple of times but it goes on voicemail

I tried calling today as well and it went straight to voicemail :rolleyes: I left one but I highly doubt they'll return my call. I also sent an email today requesting an update regarding my application to see if there has been any change.

Hey guys, a family and cosmetic dental practice in Richmond Virginia is looking to hire 2 new dental assistants for their PAID dental intern position. The position begins at the beginning of June and ends at the beginning of June the following year. I thought I would send this message into here. So, if there are any pre-dental students looking for exposure during their gap year email [email protected] for more information.

Got in today! IS applicant.

Did anyone else get accepted?
I honestly thought i did well on the interview but didn’t hear back 😭