VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if VCU will have more interviews?

Just received an email from Krysti, the admissions coordinator, and she replied with: "While we have concluded all planned interviews for this cycle, there is always a chance we will conduct more. Your application will remain under review until we have finalized the class. You will receive a final status letter if we are unable to offer you an interview." So unless you've already been handed an outright rejection from them, they may be conducting a few more interviews once students finalize their choices.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Just got an alternate (waitlist) email

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any anecdotal info on how big the alternate list is/when people have been accepted off it in the past?

I got an email from VCU in April stating that I was put on an alternate list. At this point, i just want to get a rejection letter ASAP b/c im extremely tired of this waiting game. i got accepted into a different dental school but I can't fully commit to it because i still have hope for VCU. sad.

I got an email from VCU in April stating that I was put on an alternate list. At this point, i just want to get a rejection letter ASAP b/c im extremely tired of this waiting game. i got accepted into a different dental school but I can't fully commit to it because i still have hope for VCU. sad.
I want a response from them as well. I’m feeling the same way about committing to a different school since VCU is my top choice.

I called the admission office today and she was saying that as of today the class is currently full. I was on the alternate list and getting ready to apply for the next cycle. I kept my hopes high till that phone call.😟

Is the alternate list ranked? If so, I’m wondering if admissions could tell us our place in the list to decide whether or not it’s worth waiting lol

Not sure if it's ranked, but even it was they probably won't tell us. Honestly, everything happens for a reason and we should just move on. It's really disappointing but maybe it's not meant to be :(

Is the alternate list ranked? If so, I’m wondering if admissions could tell us our place in the list to decide whether or not it’s worth waiting lol
I am pretty sure it is ranked but they will not disclose what's your position in the queue, I already asked to admission.

Not sure if it's ranked, but even it was they probably won't tell us. Honestly, everything happens for a reason and we should just move on. It's really disappointing but maybe it's not meant to be :(
Do no give up if it's your dream to become a dentist. You made it to the alternate list, that means you have a potential. Get ready for the next cycle and do not lose hope.

I would move on and commit to the other school I got accepted to if I was you! At the end of the day, you will have a DDS/DMD degree no matter which school you went to. You are probably concerned cost-wise since VCU can be cheaper if you are in-state but in the long run, going to the other school and starting 1 year earlier mean you will start earning a good salary 1 year earlier and that would definitely offset the cost difference.