MD Very late application but 516MCAT - which secondaries are worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDhopeful234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
516 MCAT, 3.43 overallGPA, 3.2 scienceGPA (but went to an undergrad currently ranked #3 in the nation with the worst grade deflation ever). Current M.S. student.

I am working on secondaries and I am wondering if I should complete all of them due to very very late timing.

I am very late due to studying to retake the MCAT this summer (Aug 19th) along with taking a full load of classes and then starting fall classes right after. Also because I've been having a hell of a time getting in contact with my recommenders and getting them to actually write the letters they said they would.

I'm in a challenging post-bac M.S. program at a medical school, currently in the same gross anatomy as the medical students, but at least 2x the pace. Head and Neck exam is coming up and I'm so not ready. Also in biochemistry with the dental students and Biostatistics.

The school I am doing my M.S. at considers applications from the people in my program later since they want to see our fall grades. I am currently acing all of my classes and have a high MCAT, so I think as long as I keep my grades up, I have a very good chance here.

However, at any other school I've basically shot myself in the foot.

Here is the list, which are worth it?
St. Louis University SOM (already submitted secondary)
The 3 SC state schools (MUSC, USC in Columbia, USC Greenville)
Georgetown
GW
Loyola Stritch Chicago
Wake Forest
Uniformed Services - I am bummed to find out I'm medically DQed for a tiny tiny thing for USUHS, so can't do this secondary or HPSP either.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Go ahead and submit your secondaries this week. If you are a South Carolina resident you should receive interviews at your state schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Go ahead and submit your secondaries this week. If you are a South Carolina resident you should receive interviews at your state schools.
I am thinking I will just do the SC secondaries in addition to St Louis U SOM (which I have already submitted).
Possibly Stritch too since it is a dream school and their MCAT avg is 507 - even if my chances are completely low, might still be worth a shot.
GW, Georgetown, and Wake, I fear are a lost cause at this point.